Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline.

vCash

Lightbulb Trade Deadline.

Angels 54-35 (6 game lead above Oakland)

With half way mark passing and the playoffs still in the distance, one of the most talked about concerns about the Angels is their offence. As the trade deadline vastly approaches, this year is no different from any of the last few, in the fact that the Angels are said to need to trade for a bat to boost their line-up.

However, it is truly doubtful that the Angels actually make a move. Not because one could not be pulled off, but, because they have the depth to win their rather feeble division and it would not be in the Angels best interest to trade any of their members away with the exception of the high priced Gary Matthew “Juicer”.

At the end of the injury plagued playoffs last season Angels owner complimented the Sox on their depth; something he wanted to implement on his own team. Keeping a strong outfield with seasoned veterans on the bench like Rivera and Willits is a huge luxury the Angels have and are just now starting to use; with the re-emergence of Juan Rivera.

The infield appears to be loaded with depth; however, it is rare that they are all healthy at one time. What seems to be a solid infield actually holds the Angels biggest room for improvement; the corner infield.

No, I am not suggesting that we should trade Figgins or that Kotchman NEEDS to be traded, however, Quinlen is not the best answer if someone gets hurt. Rob is the backup in case of emergency; but I have a funny feeling that the opposing team will not throw a leftie at us just because Q is in the line up. His inability to hit the right handed pitcher would create a huge hole in the line up in playoffs.

The Angels would be smart to deal for a part time utility player, trading away one of their reserve outfielders. Unfortunately, I do not believe anyone wants to touch GMJ for his price although he has been pretty clutch for the Angels this year and Anderson would not allow a trade to go through. So this leaves either Rivera or Willits on the table.

As for the pitching staff, we mush follow the rule, if it aint broke than don’t fix it. Despite the fact that K-Rod very well my not sign with us, we must not trade him away.

Given this situation; what would you do?

vCash
    I personally would like to see a trade for Mark Teahen or Blake DeWitt.
    Young guys who can play both corners have some speed and some pop.

…or even Dallas McPherson who is tearing up AAA right now.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind getting a corner infielder. I agree that Quinlan isnt really a great replacement. I also wouldnt mind getting another reliever. It wouldnt hurt. Escobar out for the year and a couple others not working out + Justin Speier not pitching very well this year. Another reliever would really help our bullpen.

vCash
    I say we trade Gary Mathews for what ever we can get. Trade Robb Quinlan or release him if nobody wants him Casey Kotchman hits leftys better than rights so there is no need for him. Call up Kendy. Let GA go at the end of the season resign Rivera and put Kendry at the DH. Have it look something like this.

3B Chone Figgins
    2B Howie Kendrick
    1B Casey Kotchman
    RF Vladimir Guerrero
    LF Juan Rivera
    CF Torii Hunter
    DH Kendry Morales
    C Mike Napoli
    SS Erik Aybar/Macier Izturis (both so equal)
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    I don't think we will be doing any big significant moves this year. Maybe get some bullpen help, but even there we are not doing terrible since are starters have been pitching deep into the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    I say we trade Gary Mathews for what ever we can get. Trade Robb Quinlan or release him if nobody wants him Casey Kotchman hits leftys better than rights so there is no need for him. Call up Kendy. Let GA go at the end of the season resign Rivera and put Kendry at the DH. Have it look something like this.

3B Chone Figgins
    2B Howie Kendrick
    1B Casey Kotchman
    RF Vladimir Guerrero
    LF Juan Rivera
    CF Torii Hunter
    DH Kendry Morales
    C Mike Napoli
    I like this lineup - maybe switch Rivera & Hunter though? Kotchman would get much better pitches to hit batting in front of Vladdy. We got speed at the top & bottom.
    I like Quinlan, but I think it's time to let him go as well. He can get much more playing time on another team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post

3B Chone Figgins
    2B Howie Kendrick
    1B Casey Kotchman
    RF Vladimir Guerrero
    LF Juan Rivera
    CF Torii Hunter
    DH Kendry Morales
    C Mike Napoli
    I love you in the most heterosexual way possible. This brings a tear to my eye. Beautiful.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    I woudl really like to see Kendry Morales in the majors, but the only way that will happen is if we trade GMJ and Juan Rivera. But if you're going to be trading two guys of that magnitude, you better get something back. So the problem is we have to much depth to bring up and play the players who deserve it. I say, for this off-season we stand pat, as Tony Reagins says "it's not time to push the panic button." What I would advise or do if I was GM would be wait until the Off-season to make your moves. Let GA walk, trade GMJ (his NTC comes up after this year) for a reliver of some sort, which would help if K-Rod does not re-sign. Then I would bring up Kendry Morales and make our lineup be:

1. Chone Figgins 3B
    2. Howie Kendrick 2B
    3. Vladimir Guerrero RF
    4. Casey Kotchman 1B
    5. Torii Hunter CF
    6. Kendry Morales DH/Juan Rivera LF
    7. Erik Aybar/Maicer Izturis SS/Kendry Morales DH
    8. Jeff Mathis C
    9. Reggie Willits LF/ Erik Aybar/Maicer Izturis SS

vCash
    Would we still have to pay GMJ if we where to release him

vCash
    yes
    If you think this is my signature, you're right!

vCash
    Let's trade GMJ and change the darn lineup. I don't see why we need to keep GA in the four spot. Drop him down to the six spot. We also need a catcher that can hit.
    What guys think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx08 View Post
    Let's trade GMJ and change the darn lineup. I don't see why we need to keep GA in the four spot. Drop him down to the six spot. We also need a catcher that can hit.
    What guys think?
    our catchers lead all of basebal with 18 combined HRs I'm OK with them

vCash
    I think it will be hard to trade GMJ due to his no trade clause that I dont think he will waive. If we make a trade then Willits or Rivera will probably be one of the guys involved.

vCash
    Well, I heard Mike is benching GMJ for the time being. Maybe if he gets pissed off and doesn't see much playing time, he'll beg to get traded. I say we send him to the Dodgers for a Dodger Dog and a Beer!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by purplen'gold81 View Post
    Well, I heard Mike is benching GMJ for the time being. Maybe if he gets pissed off and doesn't see much playing time, he'll beg to get traded. I say we send him to the Dodgers for a Dodger Dog and a Beer!!!!
    Dodgers would be idiots to accept that deal. They're giving up way too much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast