Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Rodriguez thinks Manningham, Arrington, and Mallett are all leaving Michigan

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Rich Rodriguez does not expect to coach wide receivers Mario Manningham and Adrian Arrington or quarterback Ryan Mallett at Michigan Wolverines.

Manningham and Arrington will skip their senior seasons and Mallett will transfer, according to Rodriguez.

"Those are the indications I've gotten," Rodriguez told The Associated Press on Tuesday night. "I've talked to all three at various times recently. I talked to Adrian today, and he told me he's leaning toward going pro.

"We wish all of them the best."

When told what Rodriguez said, Jim Mallett insisted his son has not made a decision.

"Coach knows more than I do, I guess," Jim Mallett told the AP.

Rodriguez later told reporters Manningham and Mallett did not attend a team meeting Monday.

Manningham might be a first-round pick after catching 72 passes for 1,174 yards and 12 touchdowns and running 19 times for 119 yards and a score last season. The 6-foot, 178-pound native of Ohio had 65 receptions for 1,136 yards and 15 touchdowns during his first two seasons for the Wolverines.

Arrington caught 67 passes for 882 yards and eight touchdowns last season. The 6-3, 195-pound native of Iowa had nine receptions for 153 yards and two scores in Michigan's 41-35 Capital One Bowl victory over Florida.

Mallett played in 11 games as a freshman, filling in for Chad Henne when he was injured. He was 61-of-141 for 892 yards with seven TDs and five interceptions.

He enrolled at Michigan a year ago after being voted Texas' Class 4A offensive player of the year. The 6-foot-7, 252-pound quarterback threw for more than 2,500 yards and 27 scores as a senior at Texarkana High School, where he was a three-year starter.
    Source: ESPN.com

I have a feeling all 3 are gone. If they planned on playing next year for Michigan, Rodriguez of all people would know. Michigan has some pretty talented receivers that can replace Manningham and Arrington but i am not so sure about the QB situation. Mallett was supposed to be a center piece of Michigan football for the next few years, but it looks like that will be changing. He just doesnt fit the new system
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Source: ESPN.com

I have a feeling all 3 are gone. If they planned on playing next year for Michigan, Rodriguez of all people would know. Michigan has some pretty talented receivers that can replace Manningham and Arrington but i am not so sure about the QB situation. Mallett was supposed to be a center piece of Michigan football for the next few years, but it looks like that will be changing. He just doesnt fit the new system
    I dont think there was much doubt about Manningham going he was a projected 1st rounder. As for Arrington it doesnt make much sense to stay if Mallet is gonna be leaving and they will have a freshmen quarterback running an offense that doesnt throw the ball nearly as much.

vCash
    I would be out also.

vCash
    Manningham has been been quoted as saying he wants his degree and will be back. If he comes back I think Arrington follows. Mallet is gone, so I don't know why he is putting it off. I still think Manningham will leave, but we will find out in a week.

Also, anyone know when the winter semester starts up for Michigan? Thats a good indicator on who's returning and who's not.

vCash
    I would think the semester already started up, but if not probably monday.

I still hope Manningham is staying but I wish Mallett would just come out and say what he is doing.
    Free Doug

vCash
    Well 2 of the 3 are officially gone..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    I would think the semester already started up, but if not probably monday.

I still hope Manningham is staying but I wish Mallett would just come out and say what he is doing.

HE GONE!

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss...chigan_mallett
    THE Ohio State University

I LOVE PITTSBURGH 6 SB Trophies, 5 World Series Trophies, 3 Stanley Cups
    BEN
    SID

vCash
    All 3 are Gone

Mallett is transfering to either Arkansas,Tennesee,UCLA,or Texas A&M

Arrington text-messaged RichRod saying he'd enter the NFL Draft

Manningham didnt attend the first meeting,hes pretty much gone as well

vCash
    So......Michigan is losing both qb's, starting rb, both starters at wr, Jake Long to name a few.

Have fun in Ann Arbor Rodriguez! I can't wait to see how bad the Buckeyes beat you next year.

vCash
    Michigan has recievers to replace Arrington and Manningham. They have a couple of good young RB and a freshman coming in that can fly. The QB situation is a different story, but with the offense that Rodriguez likes to run Mallet probably didn't want to run it. Lets find someone who wants to run it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Michigan has recievers to replace Arrington and Manningham. They have a couple of good young RB and a freshman coming in that can fly. The QB situation is a different story, but with the offense that Rodriguez likes to run Mallet probably didn't want to run it. Lets find someone who wants to run it.
    A quarterback at his height and with his speed would get injured in that offense. He isnt fast enough to avoid tacklers well and at that height would be taking a lot of hits below the pads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    A quarterback at his height and with his speed would get injured in that offense. He isnt fast enough to avoid tacklers well and at that height would be taking a lot of hits below the pads.
    Rich Rodriguez said many times that he has run just the regular spread not the spread option in college before so if mallett stayed and was the starting qb there would be no shot in hell he'd be running a spread option

vCash
    I really hope Manningham stays i no we got depth at WR but Super Mario is a freak and great to watch in maize and blue

i will never forget in 06 him torching the notre dame CB lambert i think for 3 tds' that was amazing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfreak View Post
    So......Michigan is losing both qb's, starting rb, both starters at wr, Jake Long to name a few.

Have fun in Ann Arbor Rodriguez! I can't wait to see how bad the Buckeyes beat you next year.
    Michigan's future is now rested in the hands of Terrelle Pryor committing,if not they are completely ****ed up

QB-Mallet Transferring
    WR-Arrington entering draft
    WR-Manningham entering draft
    Henne,Hart,Long graduating
    Back-up RB Grady recovering from Torn ACL
    Not to mention Sam McGuffie possibly re-opening his recruitment

(If Pryor doesnt commit)

QB-Lee Mondol(Walk-on)/Cone is much similar to Mallet so he wouldnt work either
    RB-Brown/Minor
    FB-Padilla
    WR-Matthews
    WR-Hemmingway
    TE-Butler

Even with Pryor this team is no more than an 8 win team in the Big 10,without Pryor they are possibly a 5-7 team unless one of their runningbacks emerge

Like I said a few months ago Michigan is going to be 2008's Notre Dame

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    If Pryor doesnt commit the remaining Dual-Threat QB's isnt nothing to be too pleased about

B.J. Daniels-Not interested in Michigan/Headed to either Illinois/Kentucky/Indiana

Randall Mackey-Not interested in Michigan/Being recruited as a WR

Sancho McDonald-USF or Rutgers

Darius Banks-Possibility for Michigan

This is comical,I cant wait to see the "We'd rather have Les,than be Rich" signs after Michigan falls to 1-4 after the Illinois game

I dont see them beating that powerful Utah team at the start of the season or beating Notre Dame in Notre Dame

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast