Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

United Center survey

I am in the beginning stages of determining which arena is the best overall (for my blog), and I need help from Blackhawks fans!!
    I'd appreciate it if some Blackhawks fans could complete this quick survey who visit the United Center regularly throughout the season.
    If you choose to do this, please answer the questions with a rating (1-10, with 10 being the highest)... and if you'd like to add a comment, please do so! Thank you.

1. What is the quality of the food/beverages at the arena??
    2. How would you rate the overall arena atmosphere on game nights??
    3. How would you rate the hospitality of the crowd??
    4. How would you rate the overall hockey intelligence/knowledge of the crowd??
    5. How would you rate the gameday promotions??
    6. How would you rate the parking/accessibility to United Center??
    7. How would you rate the surroundings/neighborhood of United Center (bars, restaurants, close-by attractions)??

vCash
    1. 8 They switched from Pepsi to Coke which is always a good move. They have an array of beers including seasonal stuff. I had a Winter Ale there during a Bulls game that was great. The food is on par with most other arenas.

2. 9(would be a 7 if not for the anthem at Hawks games) Bulls games are electric and Hawks games now are too. Pretty good balance of studio music and organ at Hawks games.

3. I would put this at a 5. There are lots of drunk fools who are annoying and lots of people who explain stuff to their friend's...but the problem is that they don't know what there talking about. But for every one of those asshats, there is are 2 knowledgeable and courteous fans.

4. See my last state. I give this a 6, because I would say about 60% of the people there know what is going on.

5. 3. Too few and far between. They don't do many...and when they do one it is the same old beer coozee or a picture of a player. I did go on Patrick Kane youth shirt night and my sister got one that was pretty cool. Maybe move it up to 4.

6. 9. Great Parking lots. No more that your average sporting event(note that parking for Bulls games is usually a few bucks more than Hawks games). All the one way streets can confuse first timers and sometimes even veterans(WHERE ARE YOU I-290 WEST???????). An the outskirts of the city, so once you head back the other way, it isn't a huge pain(unless you live in the city and if that is the case, then you are probably used to it anyways).

7. 9. Best City in the world and the Billy Goat is right down the street. This would be a 10 if it was a little deeper into the city(which is the exact opposite for the previous one).

Sounds like a fun column....Link it to us when you are done.

vCash
    Wow I am surprised that you rated number 7 (surrounding neighborhood) a 9. I love the United Center and go to about 30 games a year...but the surrounding neighborhood? Not a place that I would want to be caught alone past 9 PM. There aren't really any bars or restaurants to walk to after the game, you have to drive for the most part, I guess there are a few about 6+ blocks away but maybe we have a different definition of surrounding. I don't disagree that Chicago is the best city in the world, but I wouldn't really consider the UC as being in the best part of Chicago.

vCash
    It's not in the best part of the city but it could be worse. Also, I still miss the old Chicago Stadium. That place was rocking during Hawks games.

http://www.360Elite4free.com/index.php?ref=3943971

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.