Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 68
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Doubt it.

    Closed societies always fail. And by becoming truly capitalist, China's economy will be hurt anyway.

    I'm really feeling India will be more important in 20-30 years than China.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    They won't tell me
    Posts
    3,716
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Doubt it.

    Closed societies always fail. And by becoming truly capitalist, China's economy will be hurt anyway.

    I'm really feeling India will be more important in 20-30 years than China.
    Your kidding me? Is India building a massive naval force? Have the largest army in the world and developed space weapons? Is India turning into a industrial power house that can build two coal-power power plants a month? You are more worry about a muslim radical leader in Iran then China it would seem. India? You are way off base. A closed societies don't have trade surplus and have another superpower (us) in debt to it. Who do you think is friends with all our enemies in the middle east and also building closer relation with Russia. Do close societies have joint miltary excerises with Russian? Every american presidents since Reagen have suck up to them. Damn! I wish we were a closed society.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-09-2008 at 04:27 PM.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,592
    vCash
    1500
    You are more worry about a muslim radical leader in Iran then China it would seem.
    China's leaders are rational.

    Damn! I wish we were a closed society.
    No you don't. And on the foreign policy front, China is not closed. They've opened up in that regard.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Damn! I wish we were a closed society.
    When you're done the rant...

    You don't wish we were a closed society. Literally every closed society has failed sooner rather than later. And unless China adjusts to living in a capitalist, free-er trade world, they'll be no exception
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    In 20-30 years, the Chinese will be the top dog in this world.
    Maybe so, maybe not -- but 20% of the world will be Chinese in 20-30 years, and that was the point I was trying to make.
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    They won't tell me
    Posts
    3,716
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    China's leaders are rational.


    No you don't. And on the foreign policy front, China is not closed. They've opened up in that regard.
    What make you think the Iranian leaders aren't rational? Just because they calls us names?
    No I don't wish to be a closed state. I was joking about that.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-10-2008 at 03:58 AM.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    They won't tell me
    Posts
    3,716
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    When you're done the rant...

    You don't wish we were a closed society. Literally every closed society has failed sooner rather than later. And unless China adjusts to living in a capitalist, free-er trade world, they'll be no exception
    Fellas, I was joking about the closed society part.
    There are traces of capitalist in the Chinese society. Hong Kong is still the capitalist economical power house in that region. There is a growing middle class in China that are buying cars and washing machines. What both communist superpowers, Russia and China, are realizing is that people need more than just dogma to inspire them to work hard for the state, they need that folding money. China is doing real good in the free trade world. We are in debt to them to the tune of billions and billions of dollars. Yeah I would said they are catching on fast. China was a closed society before Nixon went there in the late 60s. Maybe I don't understand what you mean by closed society. The rant is over and have lefted the building.
    Don't underestimate the Chinese. They have the money, the numbers and the will to be the top dog in twenty years. They will make the changes they need to make to get there.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-10-2008 at 04:04 AM.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    They won't tell me
    Posts
    3,716
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Maybe so, maybe not -- but 20% of the world will be Chinese in 20-30 years, and that was the point I was trying to make.
    Sorry I missed your point. I just read that business experts projected that the Chinese economy will be bigger than our in less than 20 years. I saw your 20-30 years thing and had a brain fart.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-10-2008 at 04:03 AM.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    What make you think the Iranian leaders aren't rational? Just because they calls us names?
    Because their society is based on sharia law

    Because they're crazy muslim

    Because they're testing missles and trying to get nukes to use against the West

    Because they deny the Holocaust

    Because they want to wipe Israel off the map

    Because they oppress women

    Because they kill gays

    Because they discriminate against people of the Bahá'í Faith
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    They won't tell me
    Posts
    3,716
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Because their society is based on sharia law

    Because they're crazy muslim

    Because they're testing missles and trying to get nukes to use against the West

    Because they deny the Holocaust

    Because they want to wipe Israel off the map

    Because they oppress women

    Because they kill gays

    Because they discriminate against people of the Bahá'í Faith
    Rational in the sense that they won't attack first, since it would insure their total destruction. People and countries believe in all kind of crazy things to my way of thinking. They also do evil things to themselves. But as long as they don't swing on me, I could care less.
    The Pentagon is down playing Iran missile testing today.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    A country seeped in radical islam isn't worried about survival
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,303
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    A country seeped in radical islam isn't worried about survival
    Way to completely write off the massive amount of moderate Muslims in Iran.

    Ahmadinejad has a pretty strong degree of support when he takes tough posturing stances against the U.S. because he looks like a tough guy sticking up for a small country with poor defenses against a giant, powerful oppressor.

    And sure, there is a significant radical Islamist segment of the population there that probably supports more aggression.

    But if you think the majority of middle class Iranians, most of whom are young and tend to be much more moderate than their elders, actually want to see him stage a missile attack against Israel, you're crazy.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    No I realize that. I actually feel bad for moderate iranians, because they're ****ed either way. Their leadership isn't with them, and the US hates their government and thus punishes the country.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Homeless
    Posts
    7,927
    vCash
    1500
    yeah they are ****ed either way.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    8,969
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BADizzleBoY View Post
    yeah they are ****ed either way.

    that's how I feel about the moderate folks in this USA sometimes

    republican or democrat &!#*ed either way
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt


    There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •