Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Ahh. I see. But it's usually spelled "Bin Laden"

I don't think I've ever seen it spelled "Bin Ladin", I've seen "Usama" and "Osama" though, so you make a good point that I overlooked.

I just didn't like people getting on their high horses, over something so trivial. That kind of annoys me. It's like when I see people on TV making fun of a dumb comment some supermodel or Jessica Simpson made on TV. I want to scream at the TV "But you're dumb too lady from Fox and Friends!!!!"

ETA: Yeah....missed the point of the thread. Gotta get back on topic. Yeah....that sucks. But it may be kind of ironic on both sides if you view it this way. Because, Osama's main gripe, is American troops in Arab lands. Mainly, in Saudi Arabia. Bush's actions may have played into Osama's plan. But Osama's actions, caused there to be even more troops on Arab soil. So they each may have shot themselves in the foot.
    And that's the way it goes in the Middle East. It's always been a zero sum game from the ancient days to today. That's why Israel has had such problems making peace with her neighbors.

Sign a peace deal with Egypt and then they keep funneling arms through Gaza. Sign a peace deal with Lebanon and then Hezbullah takes over. Sign a peace accord with the Palestinians and spend the next 15 years wondering when it'll actually get going. It's no wonder that nobody trusts each other over there. Even the Arabs don't trust each other. The Jordanians and the Saudis have a fued that dates back to pre-colonial days. The Syrians are trying to run the daily lives of the Lebanese. etc.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    I think this also kind of sums up how much the war in iraq actually distracted us from the war on terror .. when someone asks who Bin Ladin is.. you know we got it wrong.
    what do you mean it distracted us? Cheney, Bush, and everyone on stage at the Republican Primary debates told me "they attacked us"?

Do you think Bin Laden is going to get a big banner that says "Mission Accomplished" and put it up behind him on his next video?
    Last edited by PHX-SOXFAN; 07-07-2008 at 11:44 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    Do you think Bin Laden is going to get a big banner that says "Mission Accomplished" and put it up behind him on his next video?
    What's wrong with truth in advertising?

bin Laden, unlike Bush, has accomplished his mission. Even Rumsfeld admitted we're bogged down in a long hard slog. The new Republican imperialist is advocating we remain in Iraq for 100 years if necessary.

vCash
    what do you mean it distracted us? Cheney, Bush, and everyone on stage at the Republican Primary debates told me "they attacked us"?
    It was not very obvious he was making a comment about the spelling of his Name.. I genuinely thought he had no idea who he was.

The was in iraq has distracted the country from the main purpose of going to war.. to stop terror.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    It was not very obvious he was making a comment about the spelling of his Name.. I genuinely thought he had no idea who he was.

The was in iraq has distracted the country from the main purpose of going to war.. to stop terror.
    1. I'm not sure what your trying to say here
    2. there was no "terror threat" to the us in iraq before we got there
    3. the goal was to eliminate wmd's which there were none of in the first place.

"Mission Accomplished"

vCash
    1. I'm not sure what your trying to say here
    2. there was no "terror threat" to the us in iraq before we got there
    3. the goal was to eliminate wmd's which there were none of in the first place.

"Mission Accomplished"
    He's saying that the Iraq War distracted the nation from the actual threat, which was militant groups ala Al Queda. The Iraq thing was, and still is, bull****.

vCash
    A debtor nation borrowing from a rich China to fight in the rabid Middle East. Either way the Iraq war ends, we will be screwed. Bet the Chinese are laughing as they collect their interest. Bush boys lefted us up crap alley with smoke up our **s. Bin Laden maybe a dirty, stinking terrorist, but he played Bush. Yes Bin laden is winning his war against us, cause we still think in cold war terms, instead of a age were our enemies have no establish line of defense, no home bases or leaders who stroll out in public. Bin Laden read us like a book. I bet he smiled when Bush got us into Iraq, or that Bush never got him or told us mission accomplish, or tring to fight two wars on the cheap, that he still allow him to live or......
    Oh yeah, the other winners is Iran and China.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moonman View Post
    What's wrong with truth in advertising?

bin Laden, unlike Bush, has accomplished his mission. Even Rumsfeld admitted we're bogged down in a long hard slog. The new Republican imperialist is advocating we remain in Iraq for 100 years if necessary.
    A couple things,

Bin Laden's mission isn't accomplished. He did want the nation to get bogged down in a war....and he wanted the price of oil to go up, but....his ultimate goal is to bring down the United States.

The new Republican imperialist is advocating we remain in Iraq for 100 years if necessary.
    Which Bin Laden would hate.

Because. If we're able to be there 100 years.....it'd have to calm down quite a bit. So you got American bases, in a stable Iraq.....Bin Laden REALLY shot himself in the foot if that's the case.

vCash
    ^^^^ bin Laden has accomplished 2 of his 3 goals. We are bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan. Oil hit $144.00 per bll. While he hasn't brought us entirely down, our dollar has lost more than 40% of its value and most of the world views us as a rogue nation rather than a trusted and reliable friend.

vCash
    We are in Iraq and Afghanistan by choice........maybe not your choice but still.

Oil prices are up because demand is up.

Our dollar is down because of several factors.......none of which have anything to do with BL.

But hey moon spin it anyway you want ..........you usually do
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    ^^^^ bin Laden has accomplished 2 of his 3 goals. We are bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan. Oil hit $144.00 per bll. While he hasn't brought us entirely down, our dollar has lost more than 40% of its value and most of the world views us as a rogue nation rather than a trusted and reliable friend.
    Not to mention that British people on Xbox Live call us damn yanks and think that everybody eats cheeseburgers for dinner every night.

vCash
    bin Laden has accomplished 2 of his 3 goals
    Bin Laden has only one goal.

What you are talking about, is the way he thinks he can accomplish that goal.

But if you afforded Bush the same type of "accomplishing goals" thing...he's

-Overthrew Hussein's government
    -Captured Hussein
    -Overthrew the Taliban
    -Elections in Iraq
    -Elections in Afghanistan
    -A decrease in Iraq violence with "the surge"

Not to mention that British people on Xbox Live call us damn yanks and think that everybody eats cheeseburgers for dinner every night.
    They also think we all carry around guns all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    We are in Iraq and Afghanistan by choice........maybe not your choice but still.

Oil prices are up because demand is up.

Our dollar is down because of several factors.......none of which have anything to do with BL.

But hey moon spin it anyway you want ..........you usually do
    I agree with the war in Afghanistan. I agree with Obama when says he'll go into Pakistan even if Musharrif does get his panties in a bunch. I don't agree we have any business conducting Operation Iraqi Freedom and I was against the policy ever since sent up the first trial balloon.

Oil prices are up, like everything else is up, in small part due to supply and demand; in major part due to Bush and the Republican Congress lack of fiscal discipline of running dual deficits and for the most part due to our banks speculating in unregualted futures markets.

Now we have the untenable situation where commodity prices are driving currency values.

Me spin? It's called reality Randy. I ain't livin' in some Goldilocks economy and believin' in the fairy tale that the Global Economy is going to rescue us somehow. We are the world's biggest customer. If we can't buy it, they can't build it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Bin Laden has only one goal.

What you are talking about, is the way he thinks he can accomplish that goal.

But if you afforded Bush the same type of "accomplishing goals" thing...he's

-Overthrew Hussein's government
    -Captured Hussein
    -Overthrew the Taliban
    -Elections in Iraq
    -Elections in Afghanistan
    -A decrease in Iraq violence with "the surge"

They also think we all carry around guns all the time.
    His accomplishment in Iraq? We shouldn't be there in the first place. The taliban is growing in afghanistan, while most of our troops are in Iraq. The rise of the Taliban isn't help our allies in Pakistan. We now have three middle east countries in various stages of chaos (Iraq,Afghanistan and Pakistan), thus leaving, our enemy, Iran top dog in the area. Bush's fighting on the cheap is draining our miltary supplies and stressing out our troops. The middle east foreign policies are going to bust the bank.

vCash
    I agree with the war in Afghanistan. I agree with Obama when says he'll go into Pakistan even if Musharrif does get his panties in a bunch. I don't agree we have any business conducting Operation Iraqi Freedom and I was against the policy ever since sent up the first trial balloon.

Oil prices are up, like everything else is up, in small part due to supply and demand; in major part due to Bush and the Republican Congress lack of fiscal discipline of running dual deficits and for the most part due to our banks speculating in unregualted futures markets.

Now we have the untenable situation where commodity prices are driving currency values.

Me spin? It's called reality Randy. I ain't livin' in some Goldilocks economy and believin' in the fairy tale that the Global Economy is going to rescue us somehow. We are the world's biggest customer. If we can't buy it, they can't build it.
    Agree. There are going to be some serious repercussion from these last eight years.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast