Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

bin Laden: Mission Accomplished!!!

Ten years ago today Osama bin Laden said he wanted to see the price of oil at $144 per bll. This week bin Laden accomplished his goal.

As McCain offers the same Bush brag that since 9/11 there hasn't been a successful terrorist attack on American soil, Republicans fail to consider the most likely possibility is that the extremists choose not to attack when the Republicans are doing such a successful job of terrorizing those Americans they have not fooled.

One month after 9/11, the New York Times wrote of possible “nightmare” scenarios that would deliver bin Laden’s goal. Neela Banerjee warned that among the “misguided decisions” that would put oil supplies at risk would be “that the United States attacks Iraq.” The Times included this quote in its story:

“If bin Laden takes over and becomes king of Saudi Arabia, he’d turn off the tap,” said Roger Diwan, a managing director of the Petroleum Finance Company, a consulting firm in Washington. “He said at one point that he wants oil to be $144 a barrel” — about six times what it sells for now.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/05/bin-laden-144-oil/

The hubris of Bush, McCain and their followers seems to know no bounds. This War on Terrorism pits the worlds largest two debtor nations, the USA and England, against the World's largest creditor nations, China, Russia & OPEC. I defy anyone to show me an example from history when the worlds largest creditor nations were defeated by worlds largest debtor nations.
    Last edited by moonman; 07-06-2008 at 02:07 AM. Reason: typo

vCash
    Whos Bin Ladin?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    Whos Bin Ladin?

vCash
    Sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    Whos Bin Ladin?
    Just out of curiosity ... are you being serious?
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    Just out of curiosity ... are you being serious?
    The sad thing is....

He actually is serious....

vCash
    now I know we have some youngin's on this site.. but even so.. I would like to think schools discuss 9/11.. how can you not know who he is at this point.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    now I know we have some youngin's on this site.. but even so.. I would like to think schools discuss 9/11.. how can you not know who he is at this point.
    Well, we are trying to ignore the fact that he's still out there. The government's not too proud of that fact.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    I think this also kind of sums up how much the war in iraq actually distracted us from the war on terror .. when someone asks who Bin Ladin is.. you know we got it wrong.

vCash
    I think this also kind of sums up how much the war in iraq actually distracted us from the war on terror .. when someone asks who Bin Ladin is.. you know we got it wrong.
    what do you mean it distracted us? Cheney, Bush, and everyone on stage at the Republican Primary debates told me "they attacked us"?

Do you think Bin Laden is going to get a big banner that says "Mission Accomplished" and put it up behind him on his next video?
    Last edited by PHX-SOXFAN; 07-07-2008 at 11:44 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    Do you think Bin Laden is going to get a big banner that says "Mission Accomplished" and put it up behind him on his next video?
    What's wrong with truth in advertising?

bin Laden, unlike Bush, has accomplished his mission. Even Rumsfeld admitted we're bogged down in a long hard slog. The new Republican imperialist is advocating we remain in Iraq for 100 years if necessary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moonman View Post
    What's wrong with truth in advertising?

bin Laden, unlike Bush, has accomplished his mission. Even Rumsfeld admitted we're bogged down in a long hard slog. The new Republican imperialist is advocating we remain in Iraq for 100 years if necessary.
    A couple things,

Bin Laden's mission isn't accomplished. He did want the nation to get bogged down in a war....and he wanted the price of oil to go up, but....his ultimate goal is to bring down the United States.

The new Republican imperialist is advocating we remain in Iraq for 100 years if necessary.
    Which Bin Laden would hate.

Because. If we're able to be there 100 years.....it'd have to calm down quite a bit. So you got American bases, in a stable Iraq.....Bin Laden REALLY shot himself in the foot if that's the case.

vCash
    ^^^^ bin Laden has accomplished 2 of his 3 goals. We are bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan. Oil hit $144.00 per bll. While he hasn't brought us entirely down, our dollar has lost more than 40% of its value and most of the world views us as a rogue nation rather than a trusted and reliable friend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    what do you mean it distracted us? Cheney, Bush, and everyone on stage at the Republican Primary debates told me "they attacked us"?
    It was not very obvious he was making a comment about the spelling of his Name.. I genuinely thought he had no idea who he was.

The was in iraq has distracted the country from the main purpose of going to war.. to stop terror.

vCash
    It was not very obvious he was making a comment about the spelling of his Name.. I genuinely thought he had no idea who he was.

The was in iraq has distracted the country from the main purpose of going to war.. to stop terror.
    1. I'm not sure what your trying to say here
    2. there was no "terror threat" to the us in iraq before we got there
    3. the goal was to eliminate wmd's which there were none of in the first place.

"Mission Accomplished"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast