Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Broxton needs to go

this guy is nothing. im amazed how many people think hes our "closer of the future".

hes got one pitch, a 97mph fastball with no movement. he gets his *** handed to him repeatedly, any fan in the stands or at home can see he doesnt have the makeup to be a closer, and Im sick of watching him come in and immediately give up a ****load of runs

for every game he does well in he has 3 piss poor outings like today. and he just stnads there on the mound with that sour lost look on his face. pleae get this guy out of town soon

vCash
    Like I've said before, he's the next Antonio Osuna. All he has is one pitch that's worth a ****, the 98 mph blazing fastball. If that's all you got, then you can expect the league's hitters to adjust to it.

Last edited by dodgerdave; 07-04-2008 at 09:00 PM.

vCash
    Berroa or Maza, forget which, and Loney didn't exactly help his cause today.

But yeah, he should suck less.

vCash
    The irony of this thread is that when he came in the game today the Giant announcers were raving about him and how many teams want him as their closer.

vCash
    then they can have him. and they will regret it for the rest of his time there

vCash
    We are spoiled guys, teams would give their left nut for just TWO good guys in their pen, we have 6. Get those few blow ups out of your head (Bloody Sunday aka HOU @ LA). The Ox can get pressured a bit and hangs a few sliders here and there, but he is far from useless. You have to remember that ump squeezed every pitcher today.

The Giants NL West Division chase.

Gagné's HGH Care Package

vCash

Maybe you guys don't want him, but his potential is there. While the Red Sox don't really "need" any more bullpen projects (Manny Delcarmen, Craig Hansen), I think we'd easily take him off your hands, if you need it.

vCash
    If he was traded away and became lights out, I bet there would be a thread about why did he trade him away? Edwin Jackson syndrome, anyone?. Brox is only 24...

vCash
    this thread is insane. he's had about 3 bad outings which have blown up his stats. Other then that he's been lights out.
    Last edited by LARock21; 07-05-2008 at 12:32 AM.
    I dislike Juan Pierre in the Dodgers lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers37 View Post
    If he was traded away and became lights out, I bet there would be a thread about why did he trade him away? Edwin Jackson syndrome, anyone?. Brox is only 24...
    It looks like he's been around for so long that people just forget that he's really young. Same with Bills. He wont be our closer this year, maybe not next year, but let him work that slider a little bit more and learn another pitch and we'll have a closer for long time.

THAT SAID, for the right price, I would include him as part of a trade.

vCash
    People have such short memories here. Whenever I make a reference to a 90's player or 90's event, then nobody knows what the hell I'm talking about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LARock21 View Post
    this thread is insane. he's had about 3 bad outings which have blown up his stats. Other then that he's been lights out.
    He had a few last year too...... I never bought the guy as the closer. He chokes under pressure too often!

vCash
    yeah im not so sure either if brox is closer material anymore. i think he does his current job pretty well though. he needs to perfect the location of his slider and he needs to develop a decent third pitch. he is already good and can be great at his SU job if does that. we need to start looking for someone else to be our closer though.

vCash
    dude come on guys the kid can throw 99 three times in a row how many other guys in the league can you say can do that? and he had a bad day today WOW who the hell hasnt?? he's still young and you cant expect him to be super human and pitch shut out innings all the time just cool down and take it easy, sure we could trade him but name the guy who's gonna take his spot as the new set up man???

vCash
    Ill take him. I dont think he be the Giants future closer, because that job belongs to Brian Wilson. Why dont you guys want him?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast