Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

I am going to stand up for Michelle Obama

Today I heard a radio show that was criticizing her for already looking into schools in the DC area for their girls.

They were saying it was because she is so sure he will win and is taking it for granted.

No she is being a smart mother. Do these boobs know what kind of research goes into finding the best school for your child?

Do they really think 2 1/2 months is enough time? Especially when they would be going through transition as well.

vCash
    I mean lord forbid someone have some confidence and want to be prepared in case he does win.

Goes to show how petty politics are and how stupid it gets around election time
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    I agree completely. We looked at the school system for nearly a year before deciding on a town.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    I agree completely. We looked at the school system for nearly a year before deciding on a town.
    I think that's different, no? Did you know for sure that your job was in G'Ville, or did you have choices? His 'job' would be in D.C., so they know in advance the exact location. Outside of public schools, it really shouldn't be too hard to find a school in the Washington Metro Area.

vCash
    There are a lot of private and military schools in the area.

And it's not different.. I am not talking about Gainesville.. We moved here because it was a good place to live to get into the area.. While we shopped for our new home (should be moving soon.. very excited).. the first thing we did was look for the best school system. Our son, even now, is only 2 1/2.. so school wasn't a concern.. now it is since our new house is long term.

My job is actually in Arlington, about an hour away.

Their children will attend private schools most likely.. You definately want to know ahead of time, even if it doesn't happen.. as said, with all the moving going on, you don't want to have to fit this into an already short schedule.. the kids will be moving mid school year.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    Well, being a teacher and all, education is a pretty important aspect when deciding on a town/city to reside in.

vCash
    I just don't see why she had to do this NOW. I dont really care. I'm not one to make a big deal out of trivial things like this.

vCash
    She might be moving in November and she's scouting out a school for her kids.

Who ****ing cares.

vCash
    I don't see anyone making a big deal about it but you.. I could care less and I'm not for Obama, I know he is going to win.. It isn't going to be a public school so I doubt it is going to be that hard of a search lol..

vCash
    Who cares?

I mean does it really matter what school her kids go to. Obama will fix the public school system completely.

Although, my guess is the kids are going to private school....kind of funny, when you think about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Who cares?

I mean does it really matter what school her kids go to. Obama will fix the public school system completely.

Although, my guess is the kids are going to private school....kind of funny, when you think about it.
    I was going to say... God forbid their kids go to public school, I mean the schools in that area are only some of the best in the country...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
    I was going to say... God forbid their kids go to public school, I mean the schools in that area are only some of the best in the country...
    The DC public schools are amongst the worst in the country actually...
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    I meant in the WMA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    seriously.. major issues.. Mayor Fente has had his work cut out for him big time.. dangerous, understaffed, underfunded..

he's doing a good job making them better though.

I think a company needs to come in and make one of the HS's a charter school.. that should help.

Quote Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
    I meant in the WMA.
    If you are referring to areas like Fairfax Country or Prince William County.. then yes..

Prince George's Country, DC Public, and some of the other surroundings are just flat out terrible.
    Last edited by sboyajian; 07-10-2008 at 01:20 PM.

vCash
    Fairfax, PW, MontCo, Alexandria, Falls Church, Arlington County, Loudoun County, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast