Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Sharks, Lightning Finalize Boyle Trade

SHARKS, LIGHTNING FINALIZE BOYLE TRADE
    Sources tell TSN Dan Boyle has signed his "no-trade" waiver and has agreed to a trade to the San Jose Sharks.

The deal was finalized late Friday afternoon and an announcement is expected soon.

In return for the 31-year old veteran defenseman, it is believed Tampa will receive a package that will include 23-year old defenseman Matt Carle, a first round draft pick, a prospect and a 4th round pick.

Sources say defenseman Brad Lukowich is also part of the deal going to San Jose.

The Vancouver Canucks and Philadelphia Flyers were the other two teams who made in to Boyle's final three trade options.

Boyle only played 37 games this season after his wrist was cut by a skate in a freak accident, but he put up 25 points on four goals and 21 assists.

He signed a six-year, $40 million extension in February just before the trade deadline.

Boyle, who was part of Tampa Bay's Stanley Cup championship team in 2004, had a career year in 2006-2007 when he scored 20 goals with 43 assists for 63 points.

Carle, struggled in 2007-08 posting two goals and 13 assists in 62 games. In 2006-07, he thrived on the point posting 11 goals and 31 assists.

Carle was drafted by the San Jose Sharks in the 2nd round (47th overall) in 2003.

vCash
    Not bad. Defense now is

Boyle
    Blake
    Vlasic
    Erhoff
    Mclaren
    Murray

vCash
    I think we gave up too much! I still think Carle is going to be really good. And we gave a top prospect and two high draft picks! I know Boyle is good. But we gave up a lot.

vCash
    yeah, we gave up a lot, but the bright side is boyle is locked up for another 5 years. so it wont be like campbell where he isnt around next year. boyle is going to be a shark for a long time (assuming he isnt dealt again of course).

vCash
    I personally never liked carle. But im pissed that we gave up wishart. he has a lot of potential. atleast we still have couture and petrecki