39. You may not vote on this poll
  • love 2 c it but no

30 76.92%
  • were giong to the final with the six man of the year

9 23.08%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bargs

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I can't remember that much. I know he didn't do as well as Garbo did only because that is what I was comparing him to when I noticed it.
    The thing is when Garbajosa was playing the 3 he had Bosh at the 4 which would effect how the 3 spot was guarded as I'm assuming Bosh played the 3 because of Bargs playing the 4!

Under my Idea Bosh will take that position but insted of Bargs backing him up we have O'Neal at the 4 who's a good man defender & commands a double team on offence. I think it would have an effect on the outcome. Couple that with Jawai possibly being an intimidation factor cloging the lane and all of a sudden Raps don't have a hole in the middle anymore. ENTER AT YOU'RE OWN RISK.
    Last edited by B2B; 07-07-2008 at 11:45 AM.

This is what I expect from Jawai:

In the 1991-1992 NCAA basketball season, one of college’s hottest teams was the Arkansas Razorbacks of the SEC. With guys like Todd Day and Lee Mayberry sniping from the outside, Oliver Miller held down the middle, and averaged around 15-16ppg. In the summer of 1992 (arguably one of the greatest drafts ever) Oliver put his name out there and got picked up by the Charles Barkley-edition Phoenix Suns.

As a rookie, Oliver was short, but took up space, clogging the lane on defense and being Chuck’s bodyguard on offense en route to the Finals. Barkley (a guy who conquered weight issues himself) took Miller under his wing, and the young rook finished his first season leading the Suns in blocks. Oliver was never a scoring option in the desert, but he hustled and got the job done, despite always hovering near the 300lb mark.

The only difference is Jawai is more fit & agile.

Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    This is what I expect from Jawai:

In the 1991-1992 NCAA basketball season, one of college’s hottest teams was the Arkansas Razorbacks of the SEC. With guys like Todd Day and Lee Mayberry sniping from the outside, Oliver Miller held down the middle, and averaged around 15-16ppg. In the summer of 1992 (arguably one of the greatest drafts ever) Oliver put his name out there and got picked up by the Charles Barkley-edition Phoenix Suns.

As a rookie, Oliver was short, but took up space, clogging the lane on defense and being Chuck’s bodyguard on offense en route to the Finals. Barkley (a guy who conquered weight issues himself) took Miller under his wing, and the young rook finished his first season leading the Suns in blocks. Oliver was never a scoring option in the desert, but he hustled and got the job done, despite always hovering near the 300lb mark.

The only difference is Jawai is more fit & agile.
    I am very interested to see how his games translates to the NBA - I expect his offense will take some time with bigger stronger defenders on him

B2B, at first I though you were simply playing devil's advocate on the idea of Bosh starting at the 3, for the sake of a good natured debate...but I'm starting to think you are actually serious about moving CB4 to SF.

I have read your posts in the past and you seem to have a great knowledge of the game of basketball, that's why I am so puzzled with this suggestion. Bosh is one of the best PF's in the game, why would we move him to a new position? Do you think he can improve his numbers their? Not a chance! Bosh will have trouble guarding opposing 3's, and that will relate in having Bosh on the bench with foul trouble. How is this beneficial in any way? Bosh is faster then other 4's, but slower then most 3's, so it will negatively effect his ability to drive, which is his bread and butter. Maybe we will have to aggree to disagree, but I can't possibly understand your reteric on why Bosh should slide to the 3, it just seems ubsurd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    B2B, at first I though you were simply playing devil's advocate on the idea of Bosh starting at the 3, for the sake of a good natured debate...but I'm starting to think you are actually serious about moving CB4 to SF.

I have read your posts in the past and you seem to have a great knowledge of the game of basketball, that's why I am so puzzled with this suggestion. Bosh is one of the best PF's in the game, why would we move him to a new position? Do you think he can improve his numbers their? Not a chance! Bosh will have trouble guarding opposing 3's, and that will relate in having Bosh on the bench with foul trouble. How is this beneficial in any way? Bosh is faster then other 4's, but slower then most 3's, so it will negatively effect his ability to drive, which is his bread and butter. Maybe we will have to aggree to disagree, but I can't possibly understand your reteric on why Bosh should slide to the 3, it just seems ubsurd to me.
    It's not something I can easily explain.

I agree with what you guys r saying about Bosh don't get me wrong it makes complete sense.

I just personally like to see it tried before I call it a failure

It's nothing more than me being intrigued by having those three big bodies out at the same time being a player myself my gut tells me it might just work because of all three of their individaul abilities.

Jawai - Banger
    O'Neal - Defensive PF who can block shots
    Bosh - Offensive big who's also capable of grabbing boards but is quick enough to guard the 3 spot

They each bring a different dimension to the lineup.

Though Bosh's game may suffer moving him to the 3 I think it would have an overall better impact on the teams success. It's more of a gut feeling than a common sense thing. I think of all their individual abilities and try to imagine them together and just feel like it would work.

Sorry, I can't argue a gut feeling.

I like to try things before I determine it to be a failure.

I just want to add one last thing.

You know Bosh is a great PF that's not in ? You say you know that his game wouldn't translate to SF I won't argue that. What I will ask you is how do you know that?. Not because it's been tested and tried and so far to date he's proven PF is his position & not SF.

Problem is it's been tested with

{Rasho,Bargs,Bosh}

I want to test it with

{Jawai,O'Neal,Bosh}

If it doesn't work what's the loss you tried something to better the team revert back if it doesn't work.

Let's take a trip down memory lane.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I was on the Barg wagon for a long time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:32374663
    I was on the Barg wagon for a long time lol.
    I don't know if I should keep digging. This is kind of sad lol
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

These are gold.

The only thing Andrea led the league in was excuses for why he was struggling or why he would succeed with different strategies.

Jawai turned out great

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Jawai turned out great
    B2B was all over him

Wasn't he compared to Shaq or someone lol

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Wasn't he compared to Shaq or someone lol
    yes but the key was "the Australian Shaq"

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    yes but the key was "the Australian Shaq"

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Reminds me of the Brazilian Kevin Durant

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    B2B was all over him
    He seemed like a good poster at the time..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast