39. You may not vote on this poll
  • love 2 c it but no

30 76.92%
  • were giong to the final with the six man of the year

9 23.08%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bargs

Bargs

i been think and to me its looks like the runner up to the 05-06 R.O.Y awards could be coming home with a six man award this years or next year because if u think about it he will always be on the floor with CB4 or J.O. and its not crazy to say that the B.O.B. brothers will be of the floor together at sametimes sometimes, so other teams bigs can account for all of them and u best believe brags is going to be the one left open
    Last edited by truRAPTORSfan; 07-04-2008 at 11:59 AM. Reason: mistake

It all depends wether he has the talent that BC saw in him and if the summer training plan that he is on works out, and if Brags mans up and plays with an atitude, then and only then can he be really good.

i think it could go either way, as you said Barg would be left open...but he would also be guarded by quicker smaller forwards..like last year when Bargnani would drive to the basket he would contantly lose the ball..hopefully he can maintain control the situation without turning it over and defend on defense.. i know we have Bosh and O'neal but i would be pretty pissed if ever play i had to run over for help defence leaving someone open underneath.

i feel bargs will either return to his rookie form, which isnt exactly a good thing, or he will be better. he will definatly not regress further, thats impossible.
    worst case scenario...11pts 5rebs 41%fg
    best case scenario...15pts 6rebs 45%fg

I see bargs avg more pts per game this year. I don't know about everyone else but when i watched the raps games last year and jose was on the floor he looked for bargs, when t..j. was out there is was ,"T.J. or C.B", there was numerous times last year when i was saying "bargs is open.." nothing. With all the attention on the big two i see him producing more. I think he will avg 12-15 pts a game.

if somhow by soem holy intervention brags can defend the sf's in teh nba, and if he plays with bosh and Oneal, and if he gets his scoring tuch and starts goign to teh basket he can aveage 17 to 19 points a game.
    but im expecting 16-17 ppg and 6- 6.5 rpg (and that only if he lerns somthing in the big man camp)

hes not gonna win the 6th man award imo. He may average 15-16 ppg but only 4 boards max and 1 assist.

Props To Coolmo For The Sig
    TORONTO RAPTORS

Insted of Bargs I would like to see a lineup of:

Jawai - Banger Although he's unproven I think he can fill that role
    O'Neal - has the strength
    Bosh - has the speed
    Parker - Shooter or Moon/Adams - Defence
    Calderon - Distributer

I would like to see this as our starting lineup.
    C O'neal/Jawai
    PF Bosh/Hump
    SF Bargs/Moon/Kapono/Graham
    SG Parker/Delfino/Adams
    PG Calderon/Ukic

Quote Originally Posted by RoyHalladay#32 View Post
    I would like to see this as our starting lineup.
    C O'neal/Jawai
    PF Bosh/Hump
    SF Bargs/Moon/Kapono/Graham
    SG Parker/Delfino/Adams
    PG Calderon/Ukic
    Bargs will be fine on the offence end but at SF his D will be exposed. I think Bosh is the better defender at the 3 spot which would allow 3, 7 foot monsters on at once. Jawai could absorb alot of the punishment O'neil might take at centre doing all the dirty work. I wouldn't look for Jawai to do anything but putbacks & leave the rest to O'Neal & Bosh. Then you have the option of putting offence in the SG spot in (Parker) or you can go defensive to help Bosh with (Moon or Adams) and just let Calderon pick teams apart.

ya try him as a SF to see what he can do. If not he will get tons of mins replacing Bosh and Oneal.
    "If beer has never touched your lips, if you never dropped the mitts or packed a lip, you are not a hockey player, and if you are, chances are your not a very good one"

Toddy Bertuzzi

I believe that starting Bargs at SF would be great for the Raps. It would allow him to shoot more shots that he is comfortable with. We would be pretty impressive with a big lineup to.

we all know Bargnani can score..a couple of games last season he scored 20+ points in the first quarter..very shocked..but as the game progressed he didn't get as much playing time due to foul trouble..and because of Smitch, and when he got a chance to play again he had already cooled off and it didnt help when Tj hogged the ball...

my goal for the upcoming season for Bargnani are...

1. stay out of foul trouble at the begining of game...you can't get 2 fouls in under a minute.
    2. become a better defender, rebounder..intangibles
    3. demand the ball..personally i think hes to quiet when hes on the floor.

if he can improve in these areas he will no doubt complete the big B.O.B

Quote Originally Posted by RoyHalladay#32 View Post
    I believe that starting Bargs at SF would be great for the Raps. It would allow him to shoot more shots that he is comfortable with. We would be pretty impressive with a big lineup to.
    What's more big

Jawai at 280 7' plus wingspan at C (Strength,shot BLKing,Rebounding,Banging)
    O'Neal at 260 ppg-14 rpg-8 blk-2 (Defence,shot BLKing,Rebounding)
    Bosh at 230 ppg-22.3 rpg-9 blk-1 (Offence,Rebounding,Better defender than Bargs)

O'Neal at 260 ppg-14 rpg-8 blk-2 (Defence,shot BLKing,Rebounding)
    Bosh at 230 ppg-22.3 rpg-9 blk-1 (Offence,Rebounding)
    Bargs at 250 ppg-10 rpg-4 blk-.6 (Offence)

To me having a 250 pound 7 footer playing SF spells disaster on the defensive end (He's not mobile enough to guard SF's)

If you want to start Bargs he should start at PF

O'Neal
    Bargs
    Bosh

However with the size, strength & length of Jawai & O'Neal in the paint is just overwhelming exspecially on th defensive end add a more mobile Bosh to SF and that front court is deadly as Bosh would be able to stay with his man better than Bargs at 230 as apposed to 250. Even with Bosh being more mobile I'm still not certain he can contain faster SF's but it's a lineup I would love to see tried.

y'all keep saying that he won't be good on the defense end but u forget the raps don't play d anyway and when they get on d they could play a 2-3 zone were Bargs d is not that big on a problem
    Last edited by truRAPTORSfan; 07-04-2008 at 04:39 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast