Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Wiz to have Knee Surgery

The following statement was issued today by Chicago Blackhawks Head Team Physician Dr. Michael Terry of University of Chicago Medical Center:

“James Wisniewski reinjured his right knee while training for the upcoming season. He has torn his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and will undergo surgery this week. We anticipate full recovery and his return during the 2008-09 season.”

Last season, Wisniewski, 24, took the ice in 68 games with the Blackhawks and registered 26 points on seven goals and 19 assists. The defenseman also logged 103 PIM in 2007-08. In his three seasons in Chicago, he has played in 137 games and scored 11 goals and 32 assists for 43 points. Wisniewski originally joined the Blackhawks as their fifth round selection (156th overall) in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.
    That line saying that he will return DURING the season scares me. I guess that means all you Cam Barker people will get some more of him.

vCash
    No. I dont think so. I think Cam Barker is ahead of Hendry on the depth chart.

This will give Hendry a shot.
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 07-03-2008 at 02:20 PM.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    The sad thing is that I think you right...but it shouldn't be that way.

Hendry and Sopel should not be broken up. But on the bright side, if they are, then you can put Dunk with Campbell, Seabs with Sopel, and then that third team will probably only play 8 minutes a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA Hill's Afro View Post
    That line saying that he will return DURING the season scares me. I guess that means all you Cam Barker people will get some more of him.
    you mean to say "you jordan hendry people will get some more of him"

but yea, an ACL means that he's done for a while especially if he's just having surgery this week. This is a huge blow, and now we should all be very thankful that we did add some D.

But, we do still have hendry and hjalmarsson. so thats some nice depth to have, but it still wont make up for the physicality that wiz brought to the table

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA Hill's Afro View Post
    The sad thing is that I think you right...but it shouldn't be that way.

Hendry and Sopel should not be broken up. But on the bright side, if they are, then you can put Dunk with Campbell, Seabs with Sopel, and then that third team will probably only play 8 minutes a game.
    i'm not sure where i read it or heard it, but i remember tallon saying somewhere that sopel and campbell (sops and soup) will be on the same line, leaving the keith/seabs line the way it was. so a 3rd line of barker and wiz would have been the plan, but that may change now with wiz out.

so if hendry plays in wiz's spot, then they may want to leave the sopel/hendry line of last year and put barker with soup on a line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    you mean to say "you jordan hendry people will get some more of him"

but yea, an ACL means that he's done for a while especially if he's just having surgery this week. This is a huge blow, and now we should all be very thankful that we did add some D.

But, we do still have hendry and hjalmarsson. so thats some nice depth to have, but it still wont make up for the physicality that wiz brought to the table
    I dont like him one bit but he will most likely get a shot
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Wiz is expected to be out for 5-6 months. Although he is a fairly quick healer from everything I have heard so we will see. Maybe we will get lucky and it will be closer to 5 months.

http://www.360Elite4free.com/index.php?ref=3943971

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

vCash
    This is really too bad. But thats our luck i guess. We seem to be cursed with the injury bug all the time. Hopefully he has a quick jump back, and we can stay healthy for once.

Packers/Blackhawks/Cubs/Bulls/Fighting Illini Fanland
    vCash
    Is this the same knee Wiz hurt when he got in that fight?