Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 24 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634741245241024 ... LastLast

Thread: Old threads

Yeah...remember that Ben Eager is still a former first round draft pick. I don't see Kevyn Adams back, but there's always the possibility of Jason Williams back here. I think that's still doubtful that Williams comes back, but if he's willing to take a bit of a pay cut then he's worth it to help some on the power play.

yes, that is one thing ive wanted to see... Jason Williams coming back. Other than the injuries last season, he had a great one. If he wasnt hurt for so long I believe we could have made the playoffs because of him. I sure hope he can take the pay cut and stay with us. Than i think we would have 3 good solid top lines.

I'm in agreement with all the above concerns and I have a few more of my own.

Amenities - Wrigley's food is terrible, all the upper deck vendors are set up with no wind protection, and the bathrooms are terrible to use in the summer...let alone the dead of a Chicago winter.

Seating - Wrigley seats 40000 for baseball and probably 2500-5000 more temp seats on the field for the hockey game. Buffalo almost doubled the amount of people at their live game last year. This game is supposed to be the coming out party for our team and our big-time hyped outdoor game is going to under-draw Buffalo by 30000 people? That sucks.

Viewing - I've had a lot of different seats at Wrigley and there are plenty with somewhat obstructed views of the field. You wouldn't have that issue with Soldier Field or The Cell. Not to mention the lack of a real scoreboard or jumbotron.

But I agree with you all that the parking issue is the biggest negative to this game. How fun would it be to tailgate for a few hours before this game? Get a little liquid warmth...

Anyway, my wife and I are already talking about how we're going to handle the game if we're able to score tickets. We'll probably just meet friends in the city for NYE and get a hotel that night. Then we can take some public transportation up there for the game. I'm going to do everything I can to see this game live, but damn I wish this was at a better facility. I would literally trade this game being in Chicago for Notre Dame or the Big House in Michigan, just because it would be more fun and hold a ton more people.

dang, my days at med school are way too long. i'm missing all of this hooting and hollering! so now i'm going to jump in...

i dont see eager playing much with the team this year. it would be nice if he could live up to his 1st round abilities and be a productive player, but i'm just not sure that will happen. I dont see adams coming back either.

i would love to have williams come back and play on that 4th line, but i think he is worth more than we can pay him. i would like to get rid of bulin so we can be able to pay williams some money at least.

But truly, i would prefer to have a 4th line of two young guys that can play with burish and learn from him. there is no better player in hockey to model yourself after than adam burish. he is a leader and a true scrapper. i would love to have skille and aliu play with him just to learn first hand how the game is played. plus, skille and aliu are much more skilled than either eager or adams by far.

an the beach vs. bertuzzi topic... bertuzzi's style of play was more geared toward the old style of hockey. with the new rules and the speed of the game, bertuzzi doesnt stack up. i think beach will be a force in this league, and his scoring output will be dependent on his linemates. if he can play alongside kane/toews, then he will score a bunch. Although, now that i look at it, we have a very young and very skilled group of guys, and all 12 of them can put it in the net. so either playing with the top line, or some other guys like sharp, buff, bolland... or even younger guys in the future of skille, aliu, brouwer, i think he will be able to score with no matter who is out there with.

Red beats white 5-0. Details in the link

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/team/app/?...ticleid=368021
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 07-08-2008 at 06:56 PM.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

yea but you have to look a little deeper though too. LA still needs two defensemen to fill out a top 6. they also have a bunch of FA forwards they need to sign as well, and one is ladislav nagy.

which BTW... i would love for us to trade bulin to open up some cap space and then sign Nagy to a 2-3 year deal.

Rookie Camp was really fun last year. I went out there on the 4th of July and got to see all the little guys scrimmage, run drills, and then sign autographs afterward. There was even a decent fight during the scrimmage, which shocked me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cg9x1ueJ2Q

We had a really good time there, and you could tell Kaner was something special right away.

In today's press conference it kinda sounded like Campbell is going to be playing along side Keith which will be so sick.

I kinda like the idea of Barker and Seabrook together and then Sopel and Hendry.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

I realize that LA needs to fill out some spots before goalie...but those spots won't get them anywhere close to the cap minimum so they are still going to need a large contract or two.
    The absolute last thing we need is a guy like Nagy. That would be a complete waste, I hate how he plays and he will always underachieve.

What UFA Should the Blackhawks go after now?

What unrestricted (or Restricted if you wish) Free Agent should the Blackhawks go after now? Let's try and be realistic here that at the current moment the Blackhawks can't really afford to spend more than 3 or 4 million (At Absolute most) on a free agent. I really don't think they can afford to spend more than 2 million. Please remember that they can only be over the cap by 10% at most during the off season, so please no Mats Sundin, Teemu Selanne or Joe Sakic signings.

Here are my top three who I don't see commanding a huge amount but that could help. I believe all of these guys are still UFA's so help me out if I missed them signing.

1. David Vyborny - (Last team CBJ) He put up 26 pts last year in 66 games. He is a good swingman who can play on the third or second line depending on injuries. Could be a valuable, low cost member to a team.

2. Aaron Downey - (Last team Detroit) A lot of people aren't to hot on Eager and I like Downey. He plays with an edge and a snarl. He is only 33 years old and would be a good fit as a fourth liner. Also, he has Won a Stanley cup and could provide some veteran presence and leadership in the lockerroom.

3. Jan Hlvac - (Last team Preds) Another swing man who had 35 pts last year along with 12 goals. If I remember correctly he plays the PK a lot which would help after losing Bourque.

I looked at guys like Berard, but I do not think the Blackhawks need another high risk defensemen. I would like to find a young defenseman the blackhawks could sign for cheap. Let me know what everyone thinks and remember that it has to be someone that they can afford considering they are about 2 million over the cap right now.

Sakic would be nice to help Toews. But he would cost us too much, so Vyborny wouldnt be bad, but we need bigger people. My favorite is PM Bouchard, I think he would be awesome on this team. But he is RFA that accepted arbitration.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownFan92 View Post
    Sakic would be nice to help Toews. But he would cost us too much, so Vyborny wouldnt be bad, but we need bigger people. My favorite is PM Bouchard, I think he would be awesome on this team. But he is RFA that accepted arbitration.
    sakics been on the record saying its either colorado or retirement so its very unlikely he'd bother. plus w/ 2 mill in cap room he def wouldnt sign

Correct on Sakic only going to Colorado if he indeed plays next year. Not to mention Sakic would cost at the very least 5 - 6 million, and that is with Colorado's hometown discount so don't plan on it.

well ... i think Jan Hlvac would be a good pickup ... he has had a scoring touch in the past ... he may have lost it a little bit over time ... but he would still be a good addition for the 3rd lind

honestly, i think we are set. most teams in hockey are jealous of the amount of talent on this team and could only wish they were in the spot that we are. I think the team is pretty well rounded and dont need to add/subtract anything at this point... other than the bulin trade of course.