Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Hawks going after Bertuzzi?

3:00pm ET - Wild, Leafs, Habs, Oilers, Canucks, Islanders all in running for Huselius... Hawks are looking to make a trade to free up some cap space, and Khabibulin isn't the other guy they're looking at moving, according to a source. To make things more cap-complicated, they're apparently also interested in Todd Bertuzzi.
    www.thefourthperiod.com

I guess the Hawks might actually be trying to make a run at Bertuzzi. He would definitely be a nice addition if we could get him for cheap considering the money he got in his buyout. He's the best power forward available in my opinion.

http://www.360Elite4free.com/index.php?ref=3943971

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

vCash
    You can never have too much offensive depth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan9124 View Post
    You can never have too much offensive depth.
    Agreed. He also has real nasty mean streak which we could use on this team. It's never good when your teams tough guy is 5'11" and 185 lbs (Burish).

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

vCash
    Hawks are not in the running for Bertuzzi anymore

tfp
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Oh well, that was short lived.

vCash
    hmmm...I wonder if Tallon is going to try to get another ofrward at all

vCash
    I'm not really sure but my thought process is that if he is not dealing Khabibulin then he is possibly looking into moving Havlat to whom ever does not get Sundin or Huselius. Just a thought.

vCash
    The rumored deal with the Kings for Khbibulin is a good one to work with I think. I know it was going to be a salary dump, but if we throw in a couple young prospects, we may be able to get one of their good players back. A guy like Barker could go far as a trading chip. There is not much room for him for the next 3 years and his value went up after his strong finish last year.

vCash
    L.A needs to get to the cap floor so I think the deal is an obvious one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan9124 View Post
    L.A needs to get to the cap floor so I think the deal is an obvious one.
    Good observation. I didn't even notice that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA Hill's Afro View Post
    The rumored deal with the Kings for Khbibulin is a good one to work with I think. I know it was going to be a salary dump, but if we throw in a couple young prospects, we may be able to get one of their good players back. A guy like Barker could go far as a trading chip. There is not much room for him for the next 3 years and his value went up after his strong finish last year.
    Dude, I've been reading your posts on here for a long time, and usually you are right on with everything you say. I tend to agree with most of your thoughts, but man, you are WAY off on this one.

I'm not sure what barker did to you, but you have to learn to love him becuase he's not going anywhere. He's a real good young player, and he'll only get better. as of right now, he is much much better than hendry (and thats not a knock on hendry).

Barker will be one of our better players by the end of this year. I understand that he hasn't lived up to expectations yet, but it sometimes takes D's to grow into their own. This is the year that barker does that, and by february, you will be eating those words.

i'm not trying to bash what you said, i just think bark's gonna be that good and you have him totally underrated

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    Dude, I've been reading your posts on here for a long time, and usually you are right on with everything you say. I tend to agree with most of your thoughts, but man, you are WAY off on this one.

I'm not sure what barker did to you, but you have to learn to love him becuase he's not going anywhere. He's a real good young player, and he'll only get better. as of right now, he is much much better than hendry (and thats not a knock on hendry).

Barker will be one of our better players by the end of this year. I understand that he hasn't lived up to expectations yet, but it sometimes takes D's to grow into their own. This is the year that barker does that, and by february, you will be eating those words.

i'm not trying to bash what you said, i just think bark's gonna be that good and you have him totally underrated

Yes, it does take D players a little longer to live up to their expectation. Example, Hey...Brian Campbell. I feel the same way you do about Barker however, wasnt Tallon shopping him a year or two ago?

vCash
    yea, i think they were trying to shop barker, but it wasn't a knock on bark when they were doing it. they were just trying to upgrade the roster at the time, and in order to do that, you sometimes have to give up your good prospects.

I dont think they were shopping him the way the cubs are shopping murton. the cubs want to get rid of murt, the hawks didn't want to get rid of bark.

vCash
    Id like to see the Hawks maybe go for Brendan Morrison.... still young, and skilled. A change of environment would be good for the guy.

Pat Marleau would be great... make a deal for him and sign him long term. This guys in his 10th seaason i think, and he is still under 30.

vCash
    Going after Brendan Morrison would not be a smart move. The Blackhawks have enough guys who can play center (Toews, Lang, Bolland, Sharp, Burish, Adams) and he does not fit into the plans.
    On top of that, Pat Marleau would not be great. He has a no trade clause and is signed to a two year deal worth approx 5 million, maybe even more. The blackhawks have enough cap problems without signing an underachiever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast