Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Eggs In One Basket?

With the stunning lack of UFA action by Gainey, it looks like les Bon Amis are "all in" to sign Sundin at any cost. Maybe playing with a more talented crew will improve the ex-Leafs output to more than a point-per-game, but this lack of action is surprising, at least given the talk about the Canadiens being a player in the free agent market. Detroit has strengthened their already top-flight team, so they look to be the team to beat in 2008-09. Given the history of UFA's, is there really that one player that will make the difference? Pittsburgh is one goalie injury shy of disappearing, but they let Conklin go. Are the Habs primed to make a Cup run with the current roster? If not why let Streit and Hossa slide? Is Sundin worth it and will he sign?

(I think Tanguay was more than enough to make the move. Bet he'll be in the talk for the Hart come June!)
    Last edited by McMikel; 07-02-2008 at 06:19 PM.

vCash
    RU kidding me, do you know whet the Hart Trophy is for? Tanguay has never even scored 30 goals in a season. But i guess this is no surprise from a canadians fan, always thinking their the best and everybody on their team should be in the all-star game, and of course nobody on their team dives.

vCash

Just Watch...

Mark my words, a healthy Tanguay (70 games) will hit 100 points, 40 goals. He fits the Koivu line nicely. While the NESN crowd was all giddy over Boston, a pre-season team picked in 11-13 place range, nosing out Buffalo for the 8th spot, the team that was picked just barely ahead at 9-11, won the Eastern Conference. The Habs are younger, faster, and most importantly, better than Boston.

The Northeast has only two teams that have the same core foundation from last season, Montreal and our playoff doormat, your Bruins. These two should be 1-2 (a distant second). Although Emery is history, Ottawa (the team I hate) still has not completely addressed their toxic team chemistry. Ruutu is a solid pick up, but can the Sens successfully kill the short-handed situations he will create? It's easy to overlook his dumb penalties when you have a Crosby or Malkin on the ice. Toronto gave their fans a Finger. This signing seems to be a continuation of a mismanagement of UFA contracts. And Cujo as the backup goalie? Really? For a team that can not make a serious playoff run because they're cash-strapped, these two signings are stupefying. Buffalo might have resurrected Ryan Miller will signing Lalime; if Miller has 20-25 games off, he should be much tougher. Unfortunately for Sabre fans, their owners will not pay their better players appropriate salaries. Right now, I see my All-Stars and your wanna-be's as the only playoff locks from the Northeast next season.

FYI, I enjoy watching your team play. I'll pull for them if it doesn't adversely affect Montreal. Centre Ice is a wonderful thing!

Go Habs Go