Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Wings Sign Hossa To A One Year Deal!

The rich just got a whole lot richer.

Sources tell TSN that free agent Marian Hossa has signed a one-year, $7.4 million deal with the defending Stanley Cup champions the Detroit Red Wings.

The 6-foot-1 winger scored 29 goals and 66 points in 72 games split between the Atlanta Thrahsers and the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Hossa, 29, was acquired from the Thrashers at the trade deadline and helped Pittsburgh in its march to the Stanley Cups Finals. With 12 goals and 14 assists in 20 games, the 2008 playoffs went a long way to helping Hossa shed his reputation as a player that shone in the regular season, but struggled when it really mattered.

Originally a first-round draft pick by the Ottawa Senators in 1997, Hossa has been named to five NHL all-star teams and has recorded 299 goals and 648 points in 701 career games. Hossa was shipped to Atlanta as part of the Dany Heatley trade in 2005.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2422...=topStory_main

Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+

vCash
    Un-freak'n real. Hossa isn't in it for the money. He's in it for Lord Stanley. With Stuart signed I wasn't expecting any big moves but this would be considered rather big, eh.

vCash
    Obviously the Devils are my favorite team, but I do enjoy watching the Wings play. They play the game the way I think it should be played & have been successful even after the cap. Players go there because they'd rather win than make the big money & Hossa is putting his payday on the line because he wants to win.

Real hockey players go for the Cup before money...
    ^This is a REAL Nets fan^

"The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club won't be worth a dime."

- Babe Ruth

vCash
    and we just won the stanley cup