So I am basically writing this article because I want some points. When I first started writing this, I did not really have a direction I was going with it, I just need some points and figured that I would be blatant about my intentions. But the topic of this article is about Edgar Renteria.

Nobody wanted the Colombian at age 36. But at his advanced age, he is poised to hit a couple milestones for his career that could draw a few more fans in the door. The first milestone that he is approaching is 2500 career hits. This is a pretty decent milestone for the veteran. 2500 hits is a pretty good mark for SS's that are in the hall of fame.

His next feat that is within reach is 400 SB's. He needs a mere 6 to reach this milestone. I think it is fitting that Renteria could end his career in St. Louis, where he enjoyed the most productive years in his career. He is getting a shot to start here even at 36 and he brings a nice veteran presence to the lineup.

After sitting down and looking at his numbers, he is right in line with the other SS's that are in the hall of fame. He has some Gold Gloves and he may just sneek in the HOF. Take a look at the SS's in the HOF and decide for yourself. http://baseball-almanac.com/hof/hofstss.shtml