Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 14 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624641145141014 ... LastLast

Thread: Old threads

I see 11 guests viewing the Hawks forum. Sign Up!!!!
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

Campbell and Hossa are actually the same age, 29. From what I hear, Campbell is commanding over 8 million per year now as well. Like I said, I wouldn't dislike siging Campbell but I think Hossa is a better signing for our team.

http://www.360Elite4free.com/index.php?ref=3943971

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplaya97 View Post
    Campbell and Hossa are actually the same age, 29. From what I hear, Campbell is commanding over 8 million per year now as well. Like I said, I wouldn't dislike siging Campbell but I think Hossa is a better signing for our team.
    Oh wow...I thought Campbell was only 25 or 26 at the most. Hmmm... I wonder why I thought he was younger...

Campbell offer matched by Hawks
    "Per Strickland: Atlanta's Offer of 8.5 per Campbell is being matched by Chicago"

hb

No big deal. Cambell didn't blossom as earlier as Hossa did. Campbell has only been well known around the league for a few years where as Hossa has been pretty well known since his early 20's.

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

Campbell signs with Hawks?

According to hockeybuzz.com Brian Campbell has signed with the Hawks.

8.5 for Campbell is alot. If we sign him to that and the salary cap stays the same, how do we afford Beach, Kane, Toews, and Keith in the future.

Khabibulin to Los Angeles Kings

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thr...49&forum_id=74

From hockeybuzz.com, this is just the comments of it.

I think it just says we matched Atlanta's offer of 8.5 million for Campbell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
    I think it just says we matched Atlanta's offer of 8.5 million for Campbell.
    no...hb says its almost done.

So far today has been great if this deal goes down and it will be even better once Khabby is dealt

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplaya97 View Post
    According to hockeybuzz.com Brian Campbell has signed with the Hawks.
    They didnt say he signed, they said its close to being done.

its done

TSN claims its done. Nice

"The most sought-after defenceman this summer has been snapped up, as free agent Brian Campbell has agreed to an eight-year contract with the Chicago Blackhawks worth $7.1 million a season.

Campbell, 29, was among the league leaders in blueline scoring in 2007-08 with 62 points (eight goals, 54 assists) in 83 games with the Buffalo Sabres and San Jose Sharks. The Sharks acquired Campbell in a trade deadline deal for Steve Bernier and a first-round pick in the 2008 draft.

A sixth-round pick by the Sabres in 1997, the Strathroy, Ontario native has 35 goals and 195 points in 411 career games.

More to follow."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2421...=topStory_main

I cant wait to see who they pair him up with. Common sense is Kieth but maybe Seabrook and Campbell would pair up nicely as well as Kieth and Sopel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
    8.5 for Campbell is alot. If we sign him to that and the salary cap stays the same, how do we afford Beach, Kane, Toews, and Keith in the future.
    The salary cap will go up each year and there shouldnt be a problem. By the time our young guys are ready for big extensions, Langs contract will be up, Havlats and others as well. Besides, just cause Campbell signed an 8 year deal doesnt mean hell be a hawk that long.