Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Bourque Traded

vCash

Bourque Traded

The Chicago Blackhawks announced today the team has acquired a future second round draft pick from the Calgary Flames in exchange for restricted free agent forward Rene Bourque.

The left winger appeared in 62 games with Chicago last season, collecting 24 points off 10 goals and 14 assists. In his three seasons in a Blackhawks sweater, he saw action in 183 games and scored 33 goals with 42 assists.

Bourque also spent the 2004-05 season with the affiliate Norfolk Admirals of the American Hockey League as well as one appearance in the 2006-07 campaign. He was originally signed by the Blackhawks as a free agent on July 29, 2004.
    I don't see this as a big deal. He was very inconsistent but could play full time somewhere. I am glad it's not here and that we got as much for him as we did.

vCash
    I'm not a huge fan of the move. Rene was a scrappy player, who played with a lot of heart when he wasn't injured. Problem is, with the potential moves that are about to be made, there really wasn't room on the roster for him.

Good Luck Rene!!!

vCash
    Exactly, there isnt much room for him on the roster and since we received a 2nd round pick for him Im thrilled.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    I like this deal for us because there are definitely other players on our team that I would rather see playing ahead of him. Also, we got a second round pick for him, which in all honesty is a pretty good catch for us.

http://www.360Elite4free.com/index.php?ref=3943971

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

vCash
    I'm suprised we got a 2nd round pick for him. Love it.