Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Where are the Kings? Timecapsule

First off Id like to take my hat off to any participants in this forum.
    Im guessing there are like 3 hardcore guys keeping this going.
    I was an avid Kings fan back in the Nichols, Carson, Taylor days, and of course into the Gretzky era. What an amazing time & I had great access to tickets.
    I was still around during our last good lineup (when healthy the best line in the NHL IMO) with Deadmarsh & the gang.
    Have fallen back to Lakerland since then, and like the Kings am waiting for them to become something again.

Can someone provide a high level view of what the heck is going on with them. I know GM and Coaches have changed. I know we've shedded salary to get picks & prospects. But what the Heck is the plan & vision for this collection of 2nd & 3rd line players?

vCash
    welcome, i just read wut kopitar 81 wrote and i've heard the same thing. Their priority is to sign Kopitar and Johnson to long term deals.Hopefully they can build around them.

vCash
    they traded some of our better players like visnovsky and cammaleri to clear up room for our youngsters like kopitar, brown, o'sullivan, etc... we are full on re-building right now and we're doing it through defense. we have a very solid young d-man in johnson already who was the 3rd pick in the 05 draft. we just drafted two young d-men very early in the 08 draft and we've acquired some good young players. we have a young promising goalie in the minors, and if he can be good then we'll be dangerous in a few years. we're kinda like the penguins before all of their young talent developed. only we didnt get the first pick twice and the second twice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.