Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hawks sign Huet

vCash
    I honestly don't even think that we need to sign Campbell. Although I wouldn't dislike the siging I would much rather have Hossa than Campbell. Just my opinion.

http://www.360Elite4free.com/index.php?ref=3943971

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

vCash
    whats great about this is that we have a younger and better goalie for cheaper....
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplaya97 View Post
    I honestly don't even think that we need to sign Campbell. Although I wouldn't dislike the siging I would much rather have Hossa than Campbell. Just my opinion.
    I thought I wanted Hossa but if we signed Campbell to a long term deal, then he would be part of that core that is just nasty. hossa is getting older while Campbell is still young.

On the other hand, the Hawks top 2 lines would be sick.

I think Hossa is going to ask for a lot more than Campbell even though there have been some rumors Campbell wants more money than AROD...j/k

vCash
    Campbell and Hossa are actually the same age, 29. From what I hear, Campbell is commanding over 8 million per year now as well. Like I said, I wouldn't dislike siging Campbell but I think Hossa is a better signing for our team.

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

vCash
    Campbell and Hossa are actually the same age, 29. From what I hear, Campbell is commanding over 8 million per year now as well. Like I said, I wouldn't dislike siging Campbell but I think Hossa is a better signing for our team.
    Oh wow...I thought Campbell was only 25 or 26 at the most. Hmmm... I wonder why I thought he was younger...

vCash
    No big deal. Cambell didn't blossom as earlier as Hossa did. Campbell has only been well known around the league for a few years where as Hossa has been pretty well known since his early 20's.

vCash
    So far after reading we signed Campbell and Huet and the rumored trade of Bulin almost complete makes me happy. Thats a pretty damn good first day of free agency.

vCash
    On Chicago Tribune Live Dave Tallan said that they would play BOTH Huet and Bulin as sorta a duo to keep them both fresh.
    "What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Second City View Post
    On Chicago Tribune Live Dave Tallan said that they would play BOTH Huet and Bulin as sorta a duo to keep them both fresh.
    yea of course hes going to say that, he's not going to say that they want to trade him...

but in all reality, he will be gone by the start of camp. Hopefully we can get a young guy who can put the puck in the net.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    yea of course hes going to say that, he's not going to say that they want to trade him...

but in all reality, he will be gone by the start of camp. Hopefully we can get a young guy who can put the puck in the net.
    I would imagine it will probably be nothing more then a salary dump, the other team gets a starting goalie who is only signed for 1 year, and we will shed salary and possibly get a draft pick or a young fourth line possibility.

vCash
    I wonder what we could get from the Kings. I know I'd do Bulin for Fischer in a heartbeat, who really is Rene Bourque but twice as good
    Thanks JO-MO

vCash
    At this point I wouldn't be suprised if it is a salary dump as mentioned above. I just can't see us keeping two goalies at the salaries that we are paying them. I would try to get a second or first round pick and then go from there.

vCash
    Dont listen to Tallon...he probably is on the phone right now trying to find a new hime for Bulin...
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 07-02-2008 at 02:10 AM.

vCash
    At this point I wouldn't be suprised if it is a salary dump as mentioned above. I just can't see us keeping two goalies at the salaries that we are paying them. I would try to get a second or first round pick and then go from there.
    if it is a salary dump and Tallon doesnt go out and get a forward somehow then I expect to see Either Beach or Aliu playing in a Hawks uniform

vCash
    correct me if im wrong, Khabibulin is in his last yr of his contract? if we cant get decent return for him now...I wouldn't mind having a Huet / Bulin duo!! Yeah we are committing alot of money to our goaltending, but, we can use Bulin as trade bait come 2009 trade deadline when we are making a run at getting a mid-level seed in the conference / our run at the cup.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get Hossa but by signing Huet and Campbell, we can writeoff Hossa...unless Tallon can convince someone to take the "Bulin" wall away from us!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast