Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 17 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927671175171017 ... LastLast

Thread: Old threads

I don't disagree but I think we would be better served spreading that speed out among our D.

http://www.360Elite4free.com/index.php?ref=3943971

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

Im happy either way, it's good to see players actually want to come here now.

We are having cap issues already, as nice as it would be, I think Sundin and Jagr are out of the picture.

How would everyone feel about bringing in Georges Laraque? It became annoying and somewhat scary last year when nobody could step up to protect Toews and Kaner. Thoughts?

I want to see Big Buff play with a little bit more of a mean streak. Barker actually showed quite a bit of a mean streak the end of last season. I'm not a big Laraque fan, but I would not be opposed to bringing him into camp.

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

First Day FA Grades

Blackhawks sign defenseman Brian Campbell to eight-year deal ($7.125 million annual average), goalie Cristobal Huet to four years at $5.6 million per season

It wasn't so long ago when Chicago GM Dale Tallon had to practically beg free agents to put on a Blackhawks jersey. When begging didn't work, he paid them way more than anyone else would. Now, Tallon has built a team that has become a destination for free agents, as witnessed by his acquisition Tuesday of the top free-agent defenseman on the market, Brian Campbell, and the top free-agent goaltender, Cristobal Huet. Now, you can quibble with whether Tallon overpaid for either player, but there is no disputing that a team that missed the playoffs by just three points last season has dramatically improved. The Blackhawks ranked 24th on the power play and 20th in goals against per game. Both those areas should be better with Huet and Campbell. Would Tallon like to move incumbent goalie Nikolai Khabibulin and his $6.75 million salary? Sure. But Tallon told ESPN.com he's comfortable moving forward with Huet and Khabibulin as a tandem, even if it means he's got more than $12 million tied up in goaltending next season. "The perceptions are all changed [about Chicago as a hockey town]," Tallon said.
    Free-agency grade: Campbell, A+; Huet, A-
    http://proxy.espn.go.com/nhl/columns...ott&id=3470156

Figured, I'd post this if nobody else has seen this, if it needs to be moved, move it to appropriate thread. Anyways, ESPN seems very high on the Hawks signings, looks like they scored big in FA.
    Cutlerized

If Khabi gets traded to Ottawa, why not trade him for Chris Neil + a draft pick. We need enforcers better then Ben Eager to help out the Kids and such, if not, try to sign Laraque or Bertuzzi (Risk & Reward)

Bertuzzi would actually be a nice pick up if we could get him. I would rather have him then Laraque. I don't mind the idea of trading for Neil and a pick, but we will just have to wait and see.

I don't mean to break up all the FA excitement, but I just found this Foley highlight montage. I got chills watching it. I can't wait for this season to start.

http://blackhawks.nhl.tv/team/launch...8951&catid=577

I love Foley's call of Roenick's goal at about the :55 second mark

Hawks going after Bertuzzi?

3:00pm ET - Wild, Leafs, Habs, Oilers, Canucks, Islanders all in running for Huselius... Hawks are looking to make a trade to free up some cap space, and Khabibulin isn't the other guy they're looking at moving, according to a source. To make things more cap-complicated, they're apparently also interested in Todd Bertuzzi.
    www.thefourthperiod.com

I guess the Hawks might actually be trying to make a run at Bertuzzi. He would definitely be a nice addition if we could get him for cheap considering the money he got in his buyout. He's the best power forward available in my opinion.

You can never have too much offensive depth.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan9124 View Post
    You can never have too much offensive depth.
    Agreed. He also has real nasty mean streak which we could use on this team. It's never good when your teams tough guy is 5'11" and 185 lbs (Burish).

Hawks are not in the running for Bertuzzi anymore

tfp
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

Oh well, that was short lived.

hmmm...I wonder if Tallon is going to try to get another ofrward at all
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

I'm not really sure but my thought process is that if he is not dealing Khabibulin then he is possibly looking into moving Havlat to whom ever does not get Sundin or Huselius. Just a thought.