Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hawks sign Huet

vCash

Hawks sign Huet

No news yet on the Campbell/Hossa front, but for the time being:

The Chicago Blackhawks have signed goaltender Cristobal Huet to a contract.

Huet, 32, finished with a 32-14-6 record and 2.32 goals-against average this season with a .920 save percentage between Washington and Montreal.

The Canadiens dealt Huet to the Capitals in February, electing to go with Carey Price as their starting goaltender. Huet was in the final year of a two-year contract and became an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

Huet has played 183 career games in the NHL. He posted a 83-61-24 record, a 2.43 goals against average and a .918 save percentage.
    He posted an 11-2 record in 13 career games with the Capitals, with a 1.63 goals against average and a .936 save percentage.

Details to follow.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2421...=headlines_nhl

vCash
    That is a pretty good signing for us as he is a solid goaltender. My only question is does that mean we have a deal in place to move Khabibulin?

http://www.360Elite4free.com/index.php?ref=3943971

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

vCash
    you would have to think that, since we have like what $13mill or something now in goalkeepers?????? So I was reading on the blackhawks board that they may trade Bulin to Ottawa and then go for both Hossa and Campbell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    you would have to think that, since we have like what $13mill or something now in goalkeepers?????? So I was reading on the blackhawks board that they may trade Bulin to Ottawa and then go for both Hossa and Campbell.
    If that happened then it would be insane!!!!
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    I'm curious to see what happens. I wonder what Ottawa would be willing to part with to get Khabibulin? I would think that we might just be moving him as kind of a salary dump, but who knows.

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

vCash
    there is no way Khabby is with the team this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplaya97 View Post
    That is a pretty good signing for us as he is a solid goaltender. My only question is does that mean we have a deal in place to move Khabibulin?
    I was thinking the same thing. According to TFP, Hossa and Campbell are both nearing their decisions:

4:10pm ET - As you can tell by the activity on the site, it's been a crazy hour. Latest has Avs signing Tucker, Canucks signing Backes to offer sheet, etc... still waiting on word from Campbell and Hossa, as both could be nearing a decision.

Maybe Khabi could be getting moved to make room?

vCash
    I agree but now I'm just really curious to see what we get in return for him. It is very possible that it would just be a salary dump move but I think we could at least pull a 2nd round pick if thats what we got for Bourque from Calgary.

vCash
    I just talked to my brother and he said that they were saying on the radio that the deal would be Khabibulin for Fischer which would be a pretty good deal for us. He is a very good two way hockey player.

TFP is saying Khabibulin will be traded to the Kings.
    Last edited by hockeyplaya97; 07-01-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Update

vCash
    Contract details. Hmmmm....

"TFP has learned that the Chicago Blackhawks have signed unrestricted free agent goalie Cristobal Huet to a four-year contract worth over $5 million per season. "

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/chi080701a.html

vCash
    From TFP (again):

4:22pm ET - Word is Hawks close to trading Nikolai Khabibulin to Kings, meanwhile Kings just got Denis Gauthier from Philly.

vCash
    Hossa is near signing with another team as well

vCash
    I would like to have Hossa but it wouldnt be the end of the world if we don't sign him. We can make a smaller splash possibly if we don't sign him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplaya97 View Post
    I would like to have Hossa but it wouldnt be the end of the world if we don't sign him. We can make a smaller splash possibly if we don't sign him.
    Exactly. Id love to have him too but if we can sign Campell and trade Khabby now then Id be real content. Too bad we couldnt snatch a guy like Corey Perry away from the Ducks.

vCash
    Lalime to the Sabres is official (not that it matters)

Looks like a season with Huet and Crawford....I love it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast