Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bush and McCain Lie About GI Bill...Again

After coming out against the bill day after day, the Webb GI Bill passed with enough support that the President couldn't very well veto it. So instead he went out and took credit for it:

Quote Originally Posted by President Bush
    The bill is a result of close collaboration between my administration and members of both parties on Capitol Hill. ... I want to thank members who worked hard for the GI Bill expansion, especially Senators Webb and Warner, Graham, Burr, McCain. This bill shows that even in an election year, Democrats and Republicans can come together to stand behind our troops.

Note that he also acknowledges John McCain on the list of Senators. McCain didn't even vote for the bill! I mean, sure if you vote for it, then twisting it to make it look like you played a role is somewhat ok, but to come out against it and then take credit???

I guess this stuff shouldn't be surprising any more. Oh well it's all McSame in the end as McCain went out today and also talked about the bill. I'll see if I can get a quote of his.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash

vCash
    Here's a video clip of McCain taking credit: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_109685.html

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

vCash
    So instead he went out and took credit for it
    When life gives you lemons.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownSports View Post
    Colts ~ 14-2

vCash
    That's our President!! lol, yeah. And dumbass McCain doing the same thing. They must really think that lie will fly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    I don't think that works in this case

vCash
    squeeze the pulp in your competitors eye and take his trophy.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    this wasn't lemons, this was something good

I caught an interview of Webb last night making some great points about McCain. He said he was sick of McCain saying that the troops support the republicans political positions when in fact the troops are split about like the rest of the american public on political issues, they do support the country and fight for the country, not a political party's ideology. Get em Webb. This guy would be great as a VP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    this wasn't lemons, this was something good

I caught an interview of Webb last night making some great points about McCain. He said he was sick of McCain saying that the troops support the republicans political positions when in fact the troops are split about like the rest of the american public on political issues, they do support the country and fight for the country, not a political party's ideology. Get em Webb. This guy would be great as a VP
    I do believe that is what he is gearing up for. I would love a Obama/Webb ticket.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    Wait a politician lied and or deceived???

pretty much business as usual I guess
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    I do believe that is what he is gearing up for. I would love a Obama/Webb ticket.
    Yeah, he wouldnt be a bad choice at all

vCash
    NObama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownSports View Post
    Yeah, he wouldnt be a bad choice at all
    He's good for both votes from both sides as well as actually being a quality person to be in there.

A decorated war hero to counter McCain's history. A Former Republican who can get both sides of the aisle. Knows the runnings of the military like the best of em.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
    NObama
    NOCain

Doesn't quite work, sounds kinda like Cocaine.......

And the funny thing is, I didn't realize that until I said it out loud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast