Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I'm not quite sure Romney helps that much with Evangelicals as he's Mormon and only the VP. But he's at least semi-conservative. Other than that I agree with the above post.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    I'm not quite sure Romney helps that much with Evangelicals as he's Mormon and only the VP. But he's at least semi-conservative. Other than that I agree with the above post.
    You might be right on the evangelical thing...But I think he helps because he can spout the social conservativism standpoint better than McCAin and actually will make McCain come off better with the religious right. But I feel the McCain camp feels they'll get the Evangelicals anyways, otherwise you'd be feeling more heat for Huckabee.

vCash
    It's not stupid at all.

McCain isn't a conservative. He's more conservative than Obama, sure, but what does that say?

Romney's an actual conservative and I'd be a lot more inclined to vote for McCain as such.
    I'd be more inclined to vote for McCain if he picked Romney because I dont like McCain.

vCash
    It's not stupid at all.

McCain isn't a conservative. He's more conservative than Obama, sure, but what does that say?

Romney's an actual conservative and I'd be a lot more inclined to vote for McCain as such.
    Even so, do you honestly believe that what you consider to be "real conservatives" will break Obama's way if McCain doesn't pick their fave running mate? I'd only agree to the extent that it might energize the base a bit more, but I think that's a secondary concern at this point when Obama's making plays to take states like Montana and Georgia. McCain has SO much more to gain by picking up ground in the middle than he does by reinforcing a voting bloc that's essentially already going to go with him anyways, reluctantly or not.

---

edit -

BTW, I don't know if you saw it or not, but I replied yesterday to your question about Arabic/Chinese. Can't remember which thread, but if you want to see what my 2 cents are worth you can dig it up.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
    I'd be more inclined to vote for McCain if he picked Romney because I dont like McCain.
    I would too.

Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Even so, do you honestly believe that what you consider to be "real conservatives" will break Obama's way if McCain doesn't pick their fave running mate? I'd only agree to the extent that it might energize the base a bit more, but I think that's a secondary concern at this point when Obama's making plays to take states like Montana and Georgia. McCain has SO much more to gain by picking up ground in the middle than he does by reinforcing a voting bloc that's essentially already going to go with him anyways, reluctantly or not.
    That's basically it. McCain should be worried about the people that built the GOP staying home

BTW, I don't know if you saw it or not, but I replied yesterday to your question about Arabic/Chinese. Can't remember which thread, but if you want to see what my 2 cents are worth you can dig it up.
    Yeah I saw, thanks. As someone who's learned a language similar to chinese (I assume you know some japanese), your opinion was valuable. Thanks
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Thanks
    No problemo.

I'm fairly well conversational in Japanese by now - but having lived here 12 years, my skillz should really be much, much better than they are. Maybe if I spent more time studying and less time... here...
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog1941 View Post
    You might be right on the evangelical thing...But I think he helps because he can spout the social conservativism standpoint better than McCAin and actually will make McCain come off better with the religious right. But I feel the McCain camp feels they'll get the Evangelicals anyways, otherwise you'd be feeling more heat for Huckabee.
    Romney's the king of flip flops on social conservatism. Romney's strong points lie in his economic platform. That's what McCain really needs from him.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Assuming that's true, assuming every single conservative belief was a lie, at worst we'd be electing a moderate liberal like we would be with McCain. But if Romney's transformation was genuine (or even better, if he was really lying to get elected in Massachusetts), we'd be electing a great conservative.

It's moot now of course that he's not running for prez.

RIP Jesse Helms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12