Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Gravel's crazy like a fox. I hear the Constitution Party is still looking for a candidate since Alan Keyes was rebuked by them. Gravel '08 is still possible!
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Remember that crazy rock video? Where he picked it up and threw it into the lake? What a creeper.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by statsman88 View Post
    I have 2 questions for moonman or whoever wants to answer them. These are 2 questions that I hear alot from the Christian community

1) If there is no God, is there moral absolutes? Is there a definite right and wrong or can everything be justified?

2) If there is no God, is there a point to life?

anyway, I'd be interested to hear some people's take on those 2 things
    Yes there are moral absolutes and for the most part such require far more definition than what is offered in religious texts of every flavor.

Religion is the best scam in the history of scams. Every religion seeks payment today and promises payback after you're dead. whoa, what a bargain, eh.

The point to life is that we all have one. We are programmed with survival instincts. According to Mazlow we have a hierarchy of needs, (food, shelter, sex, companionship or love) in that order. Actually, a few years ago, the APA proposed and the AMA accepted a 5th primary need, to distort one's sense of reality. So yes there is a point to life absent God*. That may not seem so fulfilling to the vast majority but it is no fairy tale and offers no promise that can't be delivered.

*Note to gcoll. God is capitalized. I am giving the believers respect.
    Last edited by moonman; 07-10-2008 at 12:25 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456