Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

QO's Offered Prior To July 1

QO's Offered Prior To July 1
    The NHL free agent period will begin on July 1 and the Sharks have issued qualifying offers to several players to ensure keeping their rights. At the NHL level, Christian Ehrhoff, Ryane Clowe and Marcel Goc were all tendered offers, along with Riley Armstrong, Lukas Kaspar, Mike Morris and Brad Staubitz at the AHL level.

By sending out the qualifying offer, the Sharks will have the right to match any contract that comes in for the players once the free agency period begins.

Not tendered a qualifying offer at the minor league level were Dan Spang and Jonathan Tremblay.

In addition to the restricted free agents, the Sharks still have unrestricted free agents in Brian Campbell, Curtis Brown, Patrick Rissmiller and Tomas Plihal.

vCash
    It seems less and less likely that we'll sign Campbell. Hopefully we pull something out of the hat.

vCash
    They better let Rismiller walk. He is god awful and showed it time and time again in the playoffs. Brown looks old too, let him walk. I hope they bring back campbell and philal.

vCash
    I was happy to see Rissmiller signed with the Rangers (never cared for the guy).

I'm going to miss Brown (I thought he was playing better after he returned from the IR). Plihal played an amazing game 7 against Dallas and I was hoping he would come back for a couple years (I prefer him over Shelley and Goc)

vCash
    Do we get any picks for the players that have gotten signed?

vCash
    This makes me mad. Plihal played a great game 6 vs Dallas. I prefer him over Goc.