Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,607

    Redskins/Dolphins In talk with a Jason Taylor trade

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/train...tory?id=3497248



    Quote:
    Following the morning practice, the Redskins started working on trade discussions to replace him. According to another source, talks are underway with the Miami Dolphins for Taylor, who started the offseason by asking to go to a contending team.

    WOW I feel real bad for Daniels how ever my Team has nothing on that DL besides Carter. The skins have no choice first round or not Jason Taylor wanted contenders................well come to WSH.

    IDC first round or not Ive been waiting for a big time guy. If this happens than lol could be interesting.
    Reed Doughty .......where second chances will ALWAYS HAPPEN. Stay tuned.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    10,817
    jason taylor and a 7th round pick for a 4th rounder.. and make it a possible 3rd based on performace,
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kearney NE
    Posts
    22,647
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    jason taylor and a 7th round pick for a 4th rounder.. and make it a possible 3rd based on performace,
    i doubt if we haven't pulled the trigger before now on a 3rd or 4th we won't now.

    It have to be at least a 2nd IMO

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    10,817
    if the fins agree to pay a good portion of his contract(atleast 2/3), i could see it being a 2nd
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,607
    I think Parcell would accept a 3rd round 09 pick and 3rd round 010 pick as well, as much as i want Taylor i would give up a 1st how ever im not the GM. So if i was than i think a first is to much . A 3rd and for next year 3rd for JT is a real good deal since JT is playing for two more years.
    Reed Doughty .......where second chances will ALWAYS HAPPEN. Stay tuned.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    661

    ??moron??

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    jason taylor and a 7th round pick for a 4th rounder.. and make it a possible 3rd based on performace,
    lol im 100% sure miami would rather keep the 2006 defensive player of the year than get a 4th round pick...thats just ludicrous...lol redskins fans sometimes, expect to give up your 1st round pick or else we wont pull the trigger....4th rounder lol!!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,271
    Quote Originally Posted by jason17 View Post
    I think Parcell would accept a 3rd round 09 pick and 3rd round 010 pick as well, as much as i want Taylor i would give up a 1st how ever im not the GM. So if i was than i think a first is to much . A 3rd and for next year 3rd for JT is a real good deal since JT is playing for two more years.
    Thought he was only playing for one more year?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    28,431
    Not as high on Erasmus James as you previously were?
    Follow me on Twitter or like my journalist page on Facebook

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    661

    Contract

    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman36 View Post
    Thought he was only playing for one more year?
    He's under contract through the 09 season, he may have an option to opt out after this season but im not sure

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    96
    The dolphins shouldnt accept this deal for nothing less than a number 2 pick, with the injury to Daniels and the Redfskins one player like JT away from seriously contending the Redskins definitely have more to lose by not making a deal than do the dolphins.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    10,817
    Quote Originally Posted by jayl1377 View Post
    lol im 100% sure miami would rather keep the 2006 defensive player of the year than get a 4th round pick...thats just ludicrous...lol redskins fans sometimes, expect to give up your 1st round pick or else we wont pull the trigger....4th rounder lol!!!!
    what did oakland get for randy moss? a 3rd rounder. Jason Taylor considered retiring just so he wouldnt have to play for the dolpins this year. also he is in his mid 30's. Jason Taylor also is due 20 million dollars over the course of 2 seasons. Talent-wise, sure, hes worth a 1st round pick, but obviously you do not know other factors that value how much a guy is worth...... there is no way i'd give up more than a 3rd rounder.. if the skins didnt mind giving up a 1st round pick for a DE, they would have done it during the draft to get Chris Long, or Gholston etc... not to get a older guy that has said he really doesnt care about football anymore
    "??moron??" was totally uncalled for
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 07-20-2008 at 04:32 PM.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    26,053
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    what did oakland get for randy moss? a 3rd rounder. Jason Taylor considered retiring just so he wouldnt have to play for the dolpins this year. also he is in his mid 30's. Jason Taylor also is due 20 million dollars over the course of 2 seasons. Talent-wise, sure, hes worth a 1st round pick, but obviously you do not know other factors that value how much a guy is worth...... there is no way i'd give up more than a 3rd rounder
    "??moron??" was totally uncalled for
    The Raiders were dying to get rid of Randy Moss. The Dolphins are not and will be perfectly content with keeping him. Aren't similar situations at all. I think it will take a lot more than a 4th rounder to get Taylor.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    what did oakland get for randy moss? a 3rd rounder. Jason Taylor considered retiring just so he wouldnt have to play for the dolpins this year. also he is in his mid 30's. Jason Taylor also is due 20 million dollars over the course of 2 seasons. Talent-wise, sure, hes worth a 1st round pick, but obviously you do not know other factors that value how much a guy is worth...... there is no way i'd give up more than a 3rd rounder
    "??moron??" was totally uncalled for
    someone get this guy a tissue!! Your team is extremely desperate for Jason Taylor, end of story...we will CONTINUE to ask for a first round pick and you really have no choice but to give it to us sorry miss...hes worth the 20 mil a year because he is still one of the top 5 defensive players in the nfl, take a look at what those guys are making...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    The Raiders were dying to get rid of Randy Moss. The Dolphins are not and will be perfectly content with keeping him. Aren't similar situations at all. I think it will take a lot more than a 4th rounder to get Taylor.
    that is also true, sorry skins but your probably not going to get taylor if u dont want to pay for him...miami is going to love to keep him to help teach they're new young D

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    10,817
    Quote Originally Posted by jayl1377 View Post
    someone get this guy a tissue!! Your team is extremely desperate for Jason Taylor, end of story...we will CONTINUE to ask for a first round pick and you really have no choice but to give it to us sorry miss...hes worth the 20 mil a year because he is still one of the top 5 defensive players in the nfl, take a look at what those guys are making...
    desperate for jason taylor? not at all... they got James this past offseason, and used all sorts of different combinations of players on the D-Line last year and still had a top 10 defense in the NFL.. he would be a nice addition, but hes def. not worth a 1st round pick or 10 mil a year
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •