Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Its good to see the Blackhawks are being serious about winning and showing the fans at least an attempt at that commitment.

vCash
    No news, but it looks like we are still in the hunt. From TFP's live blog:

2:16pm ET - Blue Jackets looking at Brendan Morrison... Atlanta talked to Wade Redden... Chicago still pushing for Hossa and/or Campbell.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/freeagents/journal.html

vCash
    Another update:

3:40pm ET - Sorry for the big gap, things are a little hectic around here. Chicago, Ottawa and Atlanta are among the teams pushing hard to get Brian Campbell... Hossa camp being very hush-hush right now.

vCash
    Campbell offer matched by Hawks
    "Per Strickland: Atlanta's Offer of 8.5 per Campbell is being matched by Chicago"

hb
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    8.5 for Campbell is alot. If we sign him to that and the salary cap stays the same, how do we afford Beach, Kane, Toews, and Keith in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
    8.5 for Campbell is alot. If we sign him to that and the salary cap stays the same, how do we afford Beach, Kane, Toews, and Keith in the future.
    The salary cap will go up each year and there shouldnt be a problem. By the time our young guys are ready for big extensions, Langs contract will be up, Havlats and others as well. Besides, just cause Campbell signed an 8 year deal doesnt mean hell be a hawk that long.

vCash
    So does this mean they are no longer going after Hossa, Tallon said on CTL that they would try to be creative and active so I wonder if they are going to try to make a trade to free up some money to still go after Hossa or someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Finest View Post
    So does this mean they are no longer going after Hossa, Tallon said on CTL that they would try to be creative and active so I wonder if they are going to try to make a trade to free up some money to still go after Hossa or someone else.
    I personally dont see any other moves besides trading Bulin and its just going to be a salary dump so they wont get any immediate help in return. This will allow some of our young players to get a chance to play like Aliu, Sweatt, Beach or Skille. Maybe theyll resign Kevin Adams if he is willing to come back for cheap.

vCash
    Im happy either way, it's good to see players actually want to come here now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123