Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lava View Post
    Some more speculation. This is going to be interesting...

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=212390
    If we don't get Hossa, sign me up for Huselius and Avery
    Thanks JO-MO

vCash
    Hey if the Hawks struck out on both I would not be upset if the Hawks landed Pavol Demitra and Wade Redden, Marl Streit, or JM Liles. But for some reason I really see up getting Hossa.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Hey if the Hawks struck out on both I would not be upset if the Hawks landed Pavol Demitra and Wade Redden, Marl Streit, or JM Liles. But for some reason I really see up getting Hossa.
    I just don't see it, I bet if he signs with us, he's gonna want a 5 year perhaps 6 so he can stay with our young core, but it'd be too much. I'd much rather get Avery + someone
    Thanks JO-MO

vCash
    I think there is no question the Hawks can take on the contracts of both of them. It would be cutting it close to add both and drop no big contracts, but in the end result it would be worth it expecially since they are impact guys, and big deals will be off the table next year. For those who are worried about the future deals there is no need to since by that time the younger talent's deals come along there will be plenty cap space freed up.
    Actually there is no question the hawks CANNOT take on both contracts.

Currently they have 45 million committed for next season, leaving them with 11 million space below the cap. Campbell will get over 6 and hossa over 7, no way we have the room.

And you can't trade havlat to make room because he's the biggest reason why hossa wants to come here.

Not too mention we'd be screwed for future cap situations...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTHEman9990 View Post
    Actually there is no question the hawks CANNOT take on both contracts.

Currently they have 45 million committed for next season, leaving them with 11 million space below the cap. Campbell will get over 6 and hossa over 7, no way we have the room.

And you can't trade havlat to make room because he's the biggest reason why hossa wants to come here.

Not too mention we'd be screwed for future cap situations...
    Yes they can. They accually will have about 13 million in cap space there will be some deals off the record also. If the Hawks load the deal so they get the money they lost this season toward next year when Khabby, Lang, and a few more deals are off the table. They can take on both they just have to do the deals smartly. Not to mention many expect the cap level to get bigger so for your future concerns they should not be too much. Now the likelyhood of them getting both is fairly unlikely, but they can get both.

vCash
    Yes they can. They accually will have about 13 million in cap space there will be some deals off the record also. If the Hawks load the deal so they get the money they lost this season toward next year when Khabby, Lang, and a few more deals are off the table. They can take on both they just have to do the deals smartly. Not to mention many expect the cap level to get bigger so for your future concerns they should not be too much. Now the likelyhood of them getting both is fairly unlikely, but they can get both.
    agreed
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    i dont see them getting both, i would i love for it to happen. but if i had to choose one it would be cambell. there are other free agent forwards that i would not mind having( demitra ryder).does anybody know when kane and toews are due new contracts, because they deserve big money, and we need t make sure that it is available to them when they are due there new contract

vCash
    First of all the number that goes against the cap (or the cap hit) is the average of the player's salary over the one contract signed to prevent teams from loading deals, so that won't work.

Secondly 13 million isn't enough for hossa and campbell, hossa rejected a 7 mill a year deal from the pens already and campbell rejected a 6 mil a year deal from buffalo already indicating they want more.

Third Here's the players' Cap hit for 08/09

Bulin 6.75
    Havlat 6
    Lang 4
    Sharp 3.9
    Kane 3.75
    Seabrook 3.5
    Buff 3
    Toews 2.8
    Barker 2.736
    Sopel 2.333
    Ladd 1.55
    Keith 1.475
    Wiz .9
    Bolland .846
    Burish .713
    Eager .6
    Adams .6
    (curtis brown buyout) .456

For a grand total of 45.883
    which is around 11 below the cap of 56 million
    for only 17 players, we need 20+ more likely to be 22 on an nhl roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duck610 View Post
    i dont see them getting both, i would i love for it to happen. but if i had to choose one it would be cambell. there are other free agent forwards that i would not mind having( demitra ryder).does anybody know when kane and toews are due new contracts, because they deserve big money, and we need t make sure that it is available to them when they are due there new contract
    Two years from now, keith's also expires then.... and he'll go way up from 1.5

vCash
    I'd rather see us add a quality veteran defenseman...and possibly an enforcer to protect the kids in the event we take the next step as a franchise, somebody is going to start getting more physical with them and we need a hammer to keep them moving free on the ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog76 View Post
    I'd rather see us add a quality veteran defenseman...and possibly an enforcer to protect the kids in the event we take the next step as a franchise, somebody is going to start getting more physical with them and we need a hammer to keep them moving free on the ice.
    Beach..? you take him along with burrish, aint nobody gonna mess with anyone on this team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan71 View Post
    I just don't see it, I bet if he signs with us, he's gonna want a 5 year perhaps 6 so he can stay with our young core, but it'd be too much. I'd much rather get Avery + someone
    Avery? are you kidding me? he is the last guy i would want on this team. Thats like saying you want pierzynski on your team... because clearly, no one wants that

vCash
    I dont know much about Avery but just looking at his stats he seems extremely over-hyped. The way it sounds, hes going to be over-paid big time and hopefully it be the hawks doing it.

vCash
    heres some more speculation from todays tribune

Blackhawks GM Dale Tallon expects to be very busy today as he's going to target the top available free agents, reports the Chicago Tribune.
    Sources tell TFP that the Hawks will try to sign defenseman Brian Campbell and star forward Marian Hossa.

"We're going to go after the best players," Tallon told the Tribune. "If we get the right players, we're a lot closer to being a complete team. We're going to give it our best shot."

The Hawks have roughly $13 million in available cap space.

If Chicago fails to land Campbell, who could make in between $6 million and $8 million per season, the Tribune suggests they could go after the likes of Michal Rozsival, Mark Streit, Wade Redden and Ron Hainsley.
    "We're looking to improve our team long term if it makes sense," Tallon said. "We also have to look forward to the next couple of years and be sensitive to the cap and where we're headed in the future with our young stars."
    Chicago Tribune

vCash
    The Blackhawks' top target when free agency begins is Brian Campbell, says the Arlington Daily Herald. The paper reports Campbell is intrigued by the idea of playing in Chicago.
    Arlington Herald

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast