Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 10 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 8910111220601105101010 ... LastLast

Thread: Old threads

I think there is no question the Hawks can take on the contracts of both of them. It would be cutting it close to add both and drop no big contracts, but in the end result it would be worth it expecially since they are impact guys, and big deals will be off the table next year. For those who are worried about the future deals there is no need to since by that time the younger talent's deals come along there will be plenty cap space freed up.

I owuld love ot have both, but one would be awesome. though I thhink it's unlikely that we get either one
    Welcome home, Jim.

I would not shoot anything down. I think with this franchise heading in the right direction it would be a logical landing spot for premiere FA's. I think Hossa would be a bit easier to pick up because Campbell still has a shot of staying in San Jose also may want to play in the East. I think that the Hawks will go all out to get one or both of these FA's and I think there is a good chance Tallon can convince atleast one here. Personally I hope Hossa would sign here the thought of a team with the top two lines featuring Martin Havlat, Marian Hossa, Bobby Lang(?), Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, and Patrick Sharp is mind boggling. I really think if Khabby stay healthy he can play up to standards.

If they landed Hossa that would give them two insanely talented lines and would make them a team to be dealt with. The only X factor would be...Can Khabibulin return to his form the year he won the cup with Tampa?

Yea, I really dont see us NOT getting one of these guys. Chicago has become a great hockey town once again, with one of the best young teams in hockey. We are going to have FA's lining up at our doorstep in the offseason just begging to come play here. And if a guy is going to sign a deal that lasts 5+ years, why would he want to go to a team that is on the downslide? They wouldn't, they would want to come to a team like us, where we have the best young talent in the league, missed the playoffs by a few pts this past year, have one of the best fan bases in all of hockey, are willing to spend the money to win, and have the overall talent to get the job done.

We will land one of these guys, if not both. As far as the cap goes with the future when kane/toews need to be resigned... well by then, we wont have lang, havlat, or Bulin's contracts to deal with. So even if we gave both of these guys $7m contracts this year, it wouldnt matter. Plus, the cap will be much higher in 2 years anyway.

If the Hawks can score Hossa then I see Kyle Beach spending his 1st season in the Hawks organization at Everette, which isnt a bad thing. Ladd Bolland and Buff will fill the 3rd line which will be pretty damn solid.

If we can get only one of the 2 FA's Id rather get Hossa only because I think our defense will be good as they are especially with the possibility of Barker becoming that offensive minded defensman hes supposed to be. With Hossa, Lang and Havlat and then Sharp Toews and Kane, those are 2 line that can do some serious damge. Ladd Bolland and Buff is very solid for a 3rd line and then they still have their goons on their 4th.

Mods, can we get a poll added to this forum asking which free agent we'd rather have, Hossa or Campell???
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 06-26-2008 at 11:21 AM.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

Some more speculation. This is going to be interesting...

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=212390

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lava View Post
    Some more speculation. This is going to be interesting...

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=212390
    If we don't get Hossa, sign me up for Huselius and Avery
    Welcome home, Jim.

Hey if the Hawks struck out on both I would not be upset if the Hawks landed Pavol Demitra and Wade Redden, Marl Streit, or JM Liles. But for some reason I really see up getting Hossa.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Hey if the Hawks struck out on both I would not be upset if the Hawks landed Pavol Demitra and Wade Redden, Marl Streit, or JM Liles. But for some reason I really see up getting Hossa.
    I just don't see it, I bet if he signs with us, he's gonna want a 5 year perhaps 6 so he can stay with our young core, but it'd be too much. I'd much rather get Avery + someone
    Welcome home, Jim.

I think there is no question the Hawks can take on the contracts of both of them. It would be cutting it close to add both and drop no big contracts, but in the end result it would be worth it expecially since they are impact guys, and big deals will be off the table next year. For those who are worried about the future deals there is no need to since by that time the younger talent's deals come along there will be plenty cap space freed up.
    Actually there is no question the hawks CANNOT take on both contracts.

Currently they have 45 million committed for next season, leaving them with 11 million space below the cap. Campbell will get over 6 and hossa over 7, no way we have the room.

And you can't trade havlat to make room because he's the biggest reason why hossa wants to come here.

Not too mention we'd be screwed for future cap situations...

Quote Originally Posted by DanTHEman9990 View Post
    Actually there is no question the hawks CANNOT take on both contracts.

Currently they have 45 million committed for next season, leaving them with 11 million space below the cap. Campbell will get over 6 and hossa over 7, no way we have the room.

And you can't trade havlat to make room because he's the biggest reason why hossa wants to come here.

Not too mention we'd be screwed for future cap situations...
    Yes they can. They accually will have about 13 million in cap space there will be some deals off the record also. If the Hawks load the deal so they get the money they lost this season toward next year when Khabby, Lang, and a few more deals are off the table. They can take on both they just have to do the deals smartly. Not to mention many expect the cap level to get bigger so for your future concerns they should not be too much. Now the likelyhood of them getting both is fairly unlikely, but they can get both.

Yes they can. They accually will have about 13 million in cap space there will be some deals off the record also. If the Hawks load the deal so they get the money they lost this season toward next year when Khabby, Lang, and a few more deals are off the table. They can take on both they just have to do the deals smartly. Not to mention many expect the cap level to get bigger so for your future concerns they should not be too much. Now the likelyhood of them getting both is fairly unlikely, but they can get both.
    agreed
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

i dont see them getting both, i would i love for it to happen. but if i had to choose one it would be cambell. there are other free agent forwards that i would not mind having( demitra ryder).does anybody know when kane and toews are due new contracts, because they deserve big money, and we need t make sure that it is available to them when they are due there new contract

Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    they need an enforcer to help out Burish
    Isn't that why we gto Ben Eager? He should be healthy next year, so he fits the bill
    Welcome home, Jim.