Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Official: Pat Foley's Back!

I dont have the exact link but I heard it on ABC 7, that he is coming back officially on Monday. I know theres a Foley thread but just wanted to make this thread for it to be official official.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash

vCash
    well sounds like its going to be great...

now we just need to get a guy in the draft who can contribute and then sign a few good FAs and we'll be all set

vCash
    i dont think anyone in the draft will be able to contribute right away, unless if we got the top 2 picks. I know one guy they should many expect him to contribute right away in the NHL, not sure about the other guys though. I hope they sign some good FA's though to get them into the playoffs next year.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    Great to hear should be nice to see a talented announcer here to broadcast games for a young talented team.

vCash
    I cannot wait to hear the first game next year.

vCash
    Pat Foley Chicago Blackhawks Press Release Jun 16, 2008, 2:23 PM EDT Chicago Blackhawks President John McDonough announced today that Pat Foley will return as the team’s television play-by-play broadcaster.
    “We are thrilled to have Pat Foley back in our organization,” said McDonough. “His voice is synonymous with Blackhawks hockey and it resonates loudly to our entire fan base.”

Foley will partner with Eddie Olczyk to broadcast all Blackhawks games, home and away, in HD next season on Comcast SportsNet and WGN Channel 9.

Foley returns to the Blackhawks after having spent the last two seasons as the television play-by-play announcer for the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League.

Foley established himself in hockey broadcasting with a contagious enthusiasm that he maintained for 25 years calling Blackhawks games on radio and TV.

Foley was born and raised in the northern suburbs. He attended Loyola Academy in Wilmette before receiving a degree in Telecommunications from Michigan State University. Pat began his broadcasting career while at Michigan State University calling baseball and hockey. He later worked for the Grand Rapids Owls of the International Hockey League. It was the late Blackhawks Executive Vice President Michael Wirtz who first heard Foley's broadcasts of the Owls and recommended him for the job with the Blackhawks in the early ‘80s.

Foley took that opportunity and made a name for himself in Chicago and in the NHL. In 1991, Foley was the recipient of an Emmy for "Outstanding Achievement - Sports Program Live Series." A decade later, he was inducted into the 2001 class of the Chicago Sports Hall of Fame joining other local legends Jack Brickhouse and Harry Caray.
    http://blackhawks.nhl.com

It's Now Official

vCash
    I don't mean to break up all the FA excitement, but I just found this Foley highlight montage. I got chills watching it. I can't wait for this season to start.

http://blackhawks.nhl.tv/team/launch...8951&catid=577

I love Foley's call of Roenick's goal at about the :55 second mark