Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Penguins Off Season

Post trade ideas, signing guys and free agent news.

vCash

Destructive Off-season.

Being a Pens fan sense being forced into this world, I have come to realize that this off-season has hit the ground hard. Reports that we offered a sexy deal to Hossa, now today you read there has been no such deal... Sucks. Reading that we "supposely" are dangling Malkin to the Kings, sucks more sense when Crosby gets injured, that is when Malkin steps his game up to the extreme. I guess going to the Kings wouldn't be as bad as if we traded him to the Wings, Rangers, Islanders, Capitals(such as the Jagr deal), and so on. Malone hates us now because we tried working a deal with him before the draft. And I read that Orpik is going into contract talks soon, he was a lovely destroyer in the playoffs and i'd love to have him back such as everyone else. It seems like this team should repeat sept win this time as a team tgether, the ones who suffered the bad season and thought they weren't going to play in a Penguins uni anymore because there wouldn't be a team in Pittsburgh. All shall be good if we keep at least Hossa, MALKIN(So he can Malkinize everyone next season), and Orpik and my mind will chang to Gigantor sweet off-season. Hopefully we get stuff together soon, don't want to make Crosby put up 200 points next season, everyone then would believe he's a stud, but will still probabvly hate because he's not on their team. o' CROSBY RULES!

vCash
    If we do trade Malkin it wont be a Jagr type deal, that deal was out of desperation. I dont think Malone hates us if anything hes leaving the door open to return because if there was a trade hes gone for sure theres still a chance. I think we'll get Hossa signed orpik isnt to likely to return. If we do have trade Malkin to the kings and we get Camilari (top 6 forward) another player plus the 2nd pick in the draft BOGOSIAN or daughty were getting a blue chip d man which we dont have so trading Malkin could work for us but i would still like to keep him

vCash

Off season

What happened to the the trade offer of Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown and the draft pick for Malkin? This newest trade rumor seems significantly worse, I would not do this trade. I would consider the Kopitar, Brown, pick for Malkin though; particularly if it means we can keep Hosssa too. This trade would add much depth which is something we really need now that a large number of our players are gone. If we keep Malkin and lose Hossa, we will only have 1legitimate winger which a real concern. Our team was great last year, but we still had Dupuis playing with Crosby last year which is insane. So now if you subtract Malone and Hossa from those first two lines, Dupuis would be one of the better wingers which is scary because he is a scrub

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jch102383 View Post
    What happened to the the trade offer of Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown and the draft pick for Malkin? This newest trade rumor seems significantly worse, I would not do this trade. I would consider the Kopitar, Brown, pick for Malkin though; particularly if it means we can keep Hosssa too. This trade would add much depth which is something we really need now that a large number of our players are gone. If we keep Malkin and lose Hossa, we will only have 1legitimate winger which a real concern. Our team was great last year, but we still had Dupuis playing with Crosby last year which is insane. So now if you subtract Malone and Hossa from those first two lines, Dupuis would be one of the better wingers which is scary because he is a scrub
    Kopitar and Brown are going to be 4-5 million dollars players in the future. Cammelari is a legit scorer but the key is the 2nd pick if we get one of these defensemen they are the missing part of our team scoring isnt a problem defense is. As good as i think Whitney will be Doughty and BOGOSIAN are projected to be ELITE players we could use them for sure then we spread our money out as well

vCash
    Now that the Malkin rumors are done and it looks pretty likely that Hossa will go elsewhere lets have a proper discussion about what the Penguins should do.

1. Get Fleury locked up like Crosby and Malkin.

2. Get a key free agent winger. Either Kristian Huselius, Andrew Brunette, Brian Rolston, Markus Naslund, Micheal Ryder or Miroslav Satan.

3. Trade Jordan Staal to get a stay at home, tough as nails, D-man and some depth that was lost in the Hossa deal.

I know point 3 is controversial but face it - sooner rather than later Jordan is going to want to go somewhere he can be a number 1 or 2 center - he will never be that on a team with Crosby and Malkin ahead of him.

vCash
    Since Malkin took a short contract i see Fleury contract getting done very soon.
    2 I agree we need another winger but I hope Hossa comes back if he wants to stay on a real playoff team and ask for a lower price to come back but i doubt this happenes.
    3 I don't agree. Malking might be moved to Crosby line. He was in the playoffs with the Red Wings and did well. Jordan S is to valueable to loss even if he on the third line. He still gets some major minutes when it a close game. He looks like he loves it here where he doesn't get attention and put pressure on him. I think he staying and when he becomes a free agent we pay him a reasonable contract to have him stay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbank View Post
    ...3 I don't agree. Malking might be moved to Crosby line. He was in the playoffs with the Red Wings and did well. Jordan S is to valueable to loss even if he on the third line...
    I'm not saying Staal isn't valuable - what i'm saying is that Jordan Staal might be one of those rare cases where the best decision for his career might be to go elsewhere - and if he is going to do that then maybe the team should trade him now. Staal has the ability to be a scoring line center and the Pens are developing him as a checking line center - and that could cost Staal a lot of money in the long run. Considering that you also have to look at the Pens biggest need - defence! Jordan will get the team a difference maker on defence plus a little more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbank View Post
    Since Malkin took a short contract i see Fleury contract getting done very soon.
    2 I agree we need another winger but I hope Hossa comes back if he wants to stay on a real playoff team and ask for a lower price to come back but i doubt this happenes.
    3 I don't agree. Malking might be moved to Crosby line. He was in the playoffs with the Red Wings and did well. Jordan S is to valueable to loss even if he on the third line. He still gets some major minutes when it a close game. He looks like he loves it here where he doesn't get attention and put pressure on him. I think he staying and when he becomes a free agent we pay him a reasonable contract to have him stay.
    Malkin will not be moved to crosby's line if anyone is going to the wing its staal. Malkin had about 5 even strength shifts on crosby's line the entire playoffs and i dont believe they scored once. they need to keep them seperate
    Last edited by bartlett2266; 06-25-2008 at 04:57 PM.

vCash
    Then pens definately need a scoring #1 winger and a top defenseman.
    However my number three priority differs from you guys...
    I'd like to see them sign a physical foreward... Crosby's line flourished in the playoffs most when he was paired with hossa and gary roberts.

I think that detriot series might have been a little different if BOTH laraque and roberts played every game. This team has skill, (minus 1 top winger) but it needs SEVERAL all around offensive checkers.

vCash
    Physical man how about Bertuzzi? I would not mind seeing Jagr as a penguin again and it would save penguins money and the stress of fighting for Hossa. Ryder also could be an option. I definitely would not mind seeing Penguins getting a hard hitting stay at home defense man. We will prob make a run at Ryder and Satan which will be the biggest steals this off season. My friend actually told me a rumor that Pens are thinking about talking with Jagr and another familiar face in Pittsburgh Kasparitius both of whom would prob love to finish there careers in Pittsburgh.