Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownSports View Post
    Why would obama want paul? thats irrational
    As are all Ron Paul supporters. Heck I bet they wish that both candidates would take Paul as Veep.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    As are all Ron Paul supporters. Heck I bet they wish that both candidates would take Paul as Veep.
    dont generalize!

only 99.99% of Paul supporters are irrational!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownSports View Post
    dont generalize!

only 99.99% of Paul supporters are irrational!

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

vCash

Obama Veep Watch Update

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Webb
    Last week I communicated to Senator Obama and his presidential campaign my firm intention to remain in the United States Senate, where I believe I am best equipped to serve the people of Virginia and this country. Under no circumstances will I be a candidate for Vice President.

A year and a half ago, the people of Virginia honored me with election to the U.S. Senate. I entered elective politics because of my commitment to strengthen America's national security posture, to promote economic fairness, and to increase government accountability. I have worked hard to deliver upon that commitment, and I am convinced that my efforts and talents toward those ends are best served in the Senate.

In this regard, the bipartisan legislative template we were able to put into effect through 18 months of work in order to enact the new, landmark GI Bill will serve as a prototype for my future endeavors in government. This process, wherein we brought 58 Senators from both parties to the table as co-sponsors, along with more than 300 members of the House, gives me renewed confidence that the Congress can indeed work effectively across party lines and address the concerns of our citizens.

At this time I am also renewing my commitment to work hard to make sure that Senator Obama wins both Virginia and the presidency this November. He is a man who speaks eloquently about our national goals and calls for the practical solutions that must be put into place to obtain them. I will proudly campaign for him.
    This doesn't surprise me at all. I never thought Webb wanted to leave VA. Nor did I think Obama needed a VA guy to win the state. On the other hand, taking Evan Bayh might give him Indiana and would serve a similar problem with the need for experience on his ticket. I'm not that big a fan of Bayh, but he's still the most likely Veep in my mind.

vCash
    Well he would be a wonderful running mate.. however I can certainly respect his decision and reasons.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    What is there to watch? It's going to be Hillary. We all know this. If you argure otherwise remember this post when it happens.
    Last edited by Raider_Vet; 07-09-2008 at 07:55 PM.

vCash
    Webb was my first pick. Not a fan of Bayh and he couldn't deliver Indiana for Hillary. Hillary? she wants it and would take it if offered but she comes with an 800# gorilla around her neck. Rendel, like Webb has said he's not interested.

Who's left? Sam Nunn would provide geographical and political balance. Feingold would fire up the liberal base of the party. Gov. Sebelius offers geographical balance and is a woman, if I spelled her name correctly.

I have no idea who Obama will select as VP. He really hasn't given much of a clue to his thinking but has been complimentary to every name in the VP hat.

vCash
    Biden is my #1 choice. (I supported him until he decided to call it quits.)
    Colts ~ 14-2

vCash
    Not to mention, Jim Webb is kind of a doofus.

Biden is my #1 choice
    Good thing you're not Obama...because Biden would say something stupid, and cost Obama a lot of votes.

As far as I'm concerned, it's Hillary. There's no way it isn't Hillary. Obama has trouble with the blue collar white vote, and Hillary can help with that.

vCash
    yeah Biden would be a terribl choice. So would Feingold. I understand the confusion, but Obama's running as a democrat not communist.

It's a shame (for Obama) that Rendell ruled it out. He'd bring invaluable experience and knowledge Obama lacks due to overall inexperience
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post

Good thing you're not Obama...because Biden would say something stupid, and cost Obama a lot of votes.

As far as I'm concerned, it's Hillary. There's no way it isn't Hillary. Obama has trouble with the blue collar white vote, and Hillary can help with that.
    how is Jim Webb a doofus?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post

No he really doesn't. He has a problem with racist Appalachian whites. Blue collar whites dominate states like Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Washington, and Oregon -- which are all "purple" states that he's dominating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    No he really doesn't. He has a problem with racist Appalachian whites. Blue collar whites dominate states like Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Washington, and Oregon -- which are all "purple" states that he's dominating.
    excellent summary. this will fall on deaf ears though.

vCash
    As far as I'm concerned, it's Hillary. There's no way it isn't Hillary. Obama has trouble with the blue collar white vote, and Hillary can help with that.[/QUOTE]

I'm ruling out Hilary. The principles of the Obama campaign are unity, that means with the right and the GOP, so she would definetly give fuel to the fire of the right and I don't feel there is any way his campaign will go that route. I see Obama picking the govenor of a traditionally Red state as his running mate. I belive the Gov of MT, Schwietizer, is his name, will emerge as the VP choice for Obama, but even that brings up experience issues. I wish it would be Biden, but i feel the campaign feels much the same as the others who already posted here would. If somehow the Obama Campaign could get Bloomberg, it would be a slam dunk (i just don't see that happening)

vCash
    The principles of the Obama campaign are unity, that means with the right and the GOP
    Obama's principles aren't unity. That's a talking point of his. But he's a pretty far left guy, with pretty one sided views. He's not exactly a centrist.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast