Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    I'm just a guy who has "exorcisms" right there with tooth fairies, Santa Clauses, demons, hobbitses, Easter bunnies, unicorns, angels, centaurs, dragons and Chewbacca on my list of stuff I don't believe in because it's make believe.

Can I say for sure that Yoda doesn't actually exist?

Well, noooooooooo, because I'm not an omnipotent knower of all things (another item on my list, btw).

But I'm pretty confident that someone made him up.
    I agree in all of that but I personaly would like to go to a "exorcism" or a haunted house, hell I will go by myself in one just to see if there is anything beyond death.. I mean people are so scared of ghosts but if you really saw one wouldn't it make you feel a little bit better about being dead instead of nothing lol..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    I agree in all of that but I personaly would like to go to a "exorcism" or a haunted house, hell I will go by myself in one just to see if there is anything beyond death.. I mean people are so scared of ghosts but if you really saw one wouldn't it make you feel a little bit better about being dead instead of nothing lol..
    Absolutely.

I'd love to see someone actually use telekinesis. I'd be thrilled if I actually saw a ghost. And if I saw a genuine biblical-style miracle (I'm talking about God's voice coming out of a burning bush, the Red Sea parting, something that would absolutely unequivicoally defy the laws of physics and that could be objectively measured and experienced - without the aid of hallucinogens, of course), it would necessarily cause me to re-examine everything I believe in. Nothing would be more exciting for me than to experience something truly supernatural.

But it never has happened. And, based on everything objective and empirical I've ever come across, I have absolutely no reason to believe it ever will. So until that happens, I'll remaing staunchly, proudly and happily agnostic/atheist.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    McCain runningmate should be Meg Whitman, fromer Ebay CEO she is already on his campain who is helping him with his policies. She has loads of money for the campaign she is well educated and has successfully run modern day businesses so she would help him on economics. She could bring a lot of Hillary-backers to swing their vote in a state like Pennselvania. Big problem with her is she has never run for anything, so having her as the 2nd in command with such little experience in politics could be a guge gamble. She isnt a top canidate and hasnt been talked about much but she could bring a whole plethora of economic experience to the table for McCain. Not likely to happen but if McCain where to win the White House she will be a big factor in his his policies especially on economics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sirfreshness View Post
    McCain runningmate should be Meg Whitman, fromer Ebay CEO she is already on his campain who is helping him with his policies. She has loads of money for the campaign she is well educated and has successfully run modern day businesses so she would help him on economics. She could bring a lot of Hillary-backers to swing their vote in a state like Pennselvania. Big problem with her is she has never run for anything, so having her as the 2nd in command with such little experience in politics could be a guge gamble. She isnt a top canidate and hasnt been talked about much but she could bring a whole plethora of economic experience to the table for McCain. Not likely to happen but if McCain where to win the White House she will be a big factor in his his policies especially on economics.
    She would be a terrible choice considering the last thing she probably ran for was 12th grade president, and Romney is much better versed in economics. Meg's a great businesswoman, and a really smart person, but this isn't her area at all. Not to mention no one here would suddenly be excited to vote for McCain because his running mate was a successful businessperson.

vCash
    Obama:
    John Edwards (though he said no)
    Bill Richardson
    Al Gore (though I think he's better off not in the White House)

McCain:
    Mitt Romney (only because everyone else sucks)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    Obama:
    John Edwards (though he said no)
    Bill Richardson
    Al Gore (though I think he's better off not in the White House)

McCain:
    Mitt Romney (only because everyone else sucks)
    Jindal does not 'suck'...

vCash
    Here's something a little out of the box...

The VP for a candidate is someone who is traditionally used to be the "attack dog" for the ticket. I've been watching lately and seeing the Dem who has been exercising that role quite a lot as... (gulp) John Kerry!

What he brings: Experience, military service, name recognition.

What he doesn't bring: Any specific states, like Ohio, North Carolina, etc., but his name recognition may turn the tide nationally. A working class feel, he would actually push the elitist hogwash a little.

All in all, I doubt that he would get the VP, nor do I think he really should. I do believe that he is getting out there trying to throw his hat in the ring, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosox Believer View Post
    Here's something a little out of the box...

The VP for a candidate is someone who is traditionally used to be the "attack dog" for the ticket. I've been watching lately and seeing the Dem who has been exercising that role quite a lot as... (gulp) John Kerry!

What he brings: Experience, military service, name recognition.

What he doesn't bring: Any specific states, like Ohio, North Carolina, etc., but his name recognition may turn the tide nationally. A working class feel, he would actually push the elitist hogwash a little.

All in all, I doubt that he would get the VP, nor do I think he really should. I do believe that he is getting out there trying to throw his hat in the ring, though.
    Until I got to the punchline, I thought you were going to say Joe Biden, who has also been making the rounds in the "attack dog" capacity.

I'm kind of leaning towards Rendell at this point. He lacks the military angle, but as a governor he delivers Washington outsider cred, as one of Hillary's leading and most high profile supporters he's a unifying force, he probably helps deliver Pennsylvania to Obama, while it's ludicrous that the McCain camp is even attempting to portray Obama as not being pro-Israel, Rendell being Jewish helps prevent them from creating a phony wedge issude out of that, and choosing him doesn't take Webb, Clinton or Biden out of the Senate. I don't like his support of the death penalty, though.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    With the Jindal thread going I thought it would be best to revive this thread.
    Colts ~ 14-2

vCash
    Absolutely.

I'd love to see someone actually use telekinesis. I'd be thrilled if I actually saw a ghost. And if I saw a genuine biblical-style miracle (I'm talking about God's voice coming out of a burning bush, the Red Sea parting, something that would absolutely unequivicoally defy the laws of physics and that could be objectively measured and experienced - without the aid of hallucinogens, of course), it would necessarily cause me to re-examine everything I believe in. Nothing would be more exciting for me than to experience something truly supernatural.

But it never has happened. And, based on everything objective and empirical I've ever come across, I have absolutely no reason to believe it ever will. So until that happens, I'll remaing staunchly, proudly and happily agnostic/atheist.
    So you don't believe life is a miracle.
    YES

vCash

vCash
    obama should grab ron paul, if not settle for hilary.
    as for mccain who cares
    UNCOMMON
    ACTS 11:9

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    So you don't believe life is a miracle.
    wow.....

just the kind of pointless comment i'd expect from you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnsocalfan View Post
    obama should grab ron paul, if not settle for hilary.
    as for mccain who cares
    Why would obama want paul? thats irrational

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnsocalfan View Post
    obama should grab ron paul
    Yeah, if he wishes to lose...

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast