Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash
    Post off topic thoughts on the team, ideas for trades and signing ideas as well.
    Last edited by Sbank; 05-21-2008 at 03:50 PM.

vCash

Smile my thoughts

being a die hard sharks fan and going to every playoff game and yes was very depressed after game 6 here are my ideas:
    1) go after daymond langkow (he is a free agent) 30 goal scorer and only 31
    2) get owen nolan back.. i mean come on.. the old man can still play and obviously has the heart and abilty to help us win a cup
    3) resign campbell.. i know he struggld in the post season but he adds so much offensive help and is so quick
    4) get back roenick.. i love the guy and he has so much passion.. he is that leader on the bench to tell the guys to wake up during a game and practice
    5) no more mclaren.. let carle play.. hes younger and will be better
    6) get back boucher.. he is a great backup and wont make us use nabby every game
    7) sean avery anybody?.. he is a pain in the neck but he can play
    What are your thoughts?.. i like to hear if my ideas are good

vCash
    Langkow is either signed or will sign a long term deal with Calgary, and it looks like Conroy is on the outs.

I agree that Campbell should be resigned if possible. I also agree that McLaren should be replaced, although I have concerns about Carle's skating ability (he seems to have trouble skating backwards and in transition at times-something that has been an on-going problem with him).

I like resigning Boucher, eventhough Nabokov will continue to play 95% of the games. I also like resigning JR as he seems to be the heartbeat of the team as well as a great example for the younger players.

As far as off-season acquisitions goes, I'd like to see the Sharks go after Wade Redden (recently available from the Senators) because they can use more help on the blue line and this guy is a machine (8 goals, 37 assists last year) and very consistent over his career. Hossa will be available because Pitt can't afford to resign him (although I don't know if we can either). Another player who might be in our price range is Jason Blake (Leafs), who is a little on the "old" side (34 I think) but can add some needed second tier scoring at wing. Avery is gonna cost as much as Hossa (that's why the Rangers were having such a hard time resigning during the season) and he brings behavioral baggage with him. Also, who knows how much his spleen damage is gonna effect him in the coming years.

vCash
    Some important dates in the offseason-
    June 20-21 - 2008 NHL Entry Draft (Scotiabank Place, Ottawa)
    June 25 - Deadline to extend qualifying offers to potential Group II RFAs
    July 1 - Free Agent period begins

Sharks Draft Picks
    Round 1
    No pick (Traded to Buffalo in the Brian Campbell deal. This pick is 26th overall.)

Round 2
    No pick (Traded to Washington in a package of picks for Washington's 1st round selection in last year's draft. Washington previously acquired that 1st round pick from Buffalo in the trade for Dainius Zubrus. San Jose used the pick to select Nick Petrecki)

Round 3
    No pick (Traded to St. Louis in a package of picks for the Blues' 1st round pick in last year's draft. San Jose used the pick to select Logan Couture.)

Round 4
    Sharks regular pick

Round 5
    Sharks regular pick

Montreal's pick (acquired in the Craig Rivet trade)

Round 6
    Sharks regular pick

(Previously the Sharks held Colorado's pick after acquiring it in exchange for Scott Parker. However, the pick was traded back to the Avalanche as part of a package of draft picks used to obtain a 3rd round pick in last year's draft. The pick acquired by San Jose was used to select Tyson Sexsmith)

Round 7
    Sharks' regular pick

Buffalo's pick (acquired in the Brian Campbell trade)

New York Islanders' pick (acquired in the Rob Davison trade)

Restricted Free Agents:
    Joe Pavelski
    Marcel Goc
    Ryan Clowe
    Christain Erhoff

Unrestricted Free Agents:
    Jeremy Roenick
    Curtis Brown
    Jody Shelley
    Patrick Rissmiller
    Brian Campbell
    Alexei Semenov

vCash
    The Sharks better plan on spending some money and making some trades. We are way below the cap and are prime to win now, not in the future. We need to spend money on the TOP free agents to make the team better.

vCash
    I agree. Either we should go after some top people and improve this team to win now or we should trade Marleau and others and go into the rebuild mode. It would be useless if all we did is just re-sign Campbell because we wouldn't really be improving enough even though we were one of the best teams in the NHL last year.

vCash
    We have a stanley cup calibur team now, so I don't think we need to sign that many huge stars. Were already pretty loaded. I think the coach is what had to change, and especially the attitude of the coach. Someone who can get more out of his players in the playoffs, tougher on the players, but not in Ron Wilson's style. Obviously we better hope all those high draft picks we got last year will become the core of the future sharks, b.c we have hardly any picks this year! I still think we need just another Craig Rivet type defenseman. But sure, if we could get a good veteran player with money, not a trade that gives up to much from this team, then I'm all for it.

vCash
    We are stacked, but we need another player or 2 to put us over the top

vCash
    This forum is depressing.

vCash
    ^^ not alot goes on in here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    This forum is depressing.
    So is me posting 99% of the new for NHL in the team forms when some tm's never do what they are supposes to be doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by horry1ur View Post
    ^^ not alot goes on in here
    I trying to get it active but some things just take time to see the form grow. I'm one NHL tm that tries to get the NHL forms more active and get make it better.

vCash
    arent the sharks brewing something with the bruins...(my team)

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Not many people check the NHL forums... Im a big time sharks fan myself but when I do go to the forum im usually in other areas.. Nobody really comments daily....

Homie564 - havent heard anything.. Where'd you hear this from?

vCash
    the bruins forum lol... it involves kyle mclaren to the bs for peter schaeffer... more than one person has heard it.... thats just te base its unknown if anyone else is involved... maybe marleau since the bs were interested in him at the deadline

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    the bruins forum lol... it involves kyle mclaren to the bs for peter schaeffer... more than one person has heard it.... thats just te base its unknown if anyone else is involved... maybe marleau since the bs were interested in him at the deadline
    Marleau is not going anywhere, no matter who's interested. Coach McLellan has already stated Patty will be the Sharks captain this season.

Boston resigned Wideman to 4 years the other day, which probably affects the trade rumours of Mac going to Boston.