Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyfikac06 View Post
    Can someone please tell me why Gaston isn't in Double A yet? The guy is hitting .307 with 25 hrs. and 70 RBI's!!! There is no need to keep him there? He desirves to move up. Does anyone know why they are keeping him there?
    You quoted three virtually meaningless stats.... batting average homers and RBI's?

Focus on his Walk Rate, K Rate, OBP, and Slugging.

vCash
    that was from last september. and his complaints were justified. his OBP was .369, with a slugging over .500. his OPS was over .900
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMarauder View Post
    This is the place to post news and updates on our minor league players.
    who cares? lol twins minor league kickks ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    that was from last september. and his complaints were justified. his OBP was .369, with a slugging over .500. his OPS was over .900
    Yeah I miss read it to say when was he going to AAA ... ive been feeling a bit chippy here the last two days.

vCash
    I figured I would start up this thread again exactly 1 year since someone posted in it and list MY top 15 prospects in our system now that we appear to be done trading for a little while. I rank mine based on minor league performance, proximity to the bigs, and potential in that order. Granted, since many of these prospects are new of course I will withhold judgement until they get some coaching in our system, but I figured I would take advantage of the excitement of a new influx of young guys.

1. Jarred Cosart, SP AA: Ace-quality stuff with mixed results. I will be very curious to see how he does in CC.
    2. Brett Oberholtzer SP: Guy sounds like a pretty solid 3-starter with good numbers. Would be our Wandy of the future with a better fastball
    3. Jonathon Singleton, 1B AA: Really raw, but he has good power numbers for someone so young, I will be curious to see how he compares to my next prospect...
    4. Cody Heinz, 1B AA: Lot in common with Altuve the way he climbed the organization ladder. OPS of 1037.
    5. Paul Clemens: Not too sure what to think of this guy, he started well and has faded this year. But I think he projects to be a 4/5 kind of guy
    6. Dallas Keuchel, SP AA: A little like Lyles in terms of stuff and minor league results. He's been in CC too long but his ERA is right at 3.
    7. Telvin Nash, 1B A-: Really good power for a young guy, I hope he can make the switch to an outfield position.
    8. Tanner Bushue, SP A-: Having a good year in Lexington unlike a lot of other highly drafted peers
    9. Chris Wallace, C AA: Maybe the cater of the future 2.0? Offensively he is above average, but I'm not sure about his defense behind the plate.
    10. Jonathon Villar, SS AA: Great defensively with a lot of hype and potential but he is really struggling in the lead off spot for CC
    11. Jimmy Paredes, 2B/3B AA: Better at the plate than Villar, plays a solid 3B, and is our best chance is uproot Chris Johnson's terrible plate discipline and comical defense.
    12. JB Shuck, OF AAA: A guy I think should be called up soon with the departure of Bourn. He plays LF primarily but has played CF before. Could be a good fourth outfielder.
    13. Henry Sosa, SP AA: Has consistently put up good numbers in AA for us and the Giants, but really struggled in AAA. We'll see if he can find success in OKC.
    14. Juan Abreau, RP: Hardest thrower after Cosart? Has control issues, but those can be fixable.
    15. Adam Baily RF A-: Don't know a lot about him, but an OBP of .330 and most HRs in our entire orgaanization (16)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbNJn5 View Post
    I figured I would start up this thread again exactly 1 year since someone posted in it and list MY top 15 prospects in our system now that we appear to be done trading for a little while. I rank mine based on minor league performance, proximity to the bigs, and potential in that order. Granted, since many of these prospects are new of course I will withhold judgement until they get some coaching in our system, but I figured I would take advantage of the excitement of a new influx of young guys.

1. Jarred Cosart, SP AA: Ace-quality stuff with mixed results. I will be very curious to see how he does in CC.
    2. Brett Oberholtzer SP: Guy sounds like a pretty solid 3-starter with good numbers. Would be our Wandy of the future with a better fastball
    3. Jonathon Singleton, 1B AA: Really raw, but he has good power numbers for someone so young, I will be curious to see how he compares to my next prospect...
    4. Cody Heinz, 1B AA: Lot in common with Altuve the way he climbed the organization ladder. OPS of 1037.
    5. Paul Clemens: Not too sure what to think of this guy, he started well and has faded this year. But I think he projects to be a 4/5 kind of guy
    6. Dallas Keuchel, SP AA: A little like Lyles in terms of stuff and minor league results. He's been in CC too long but his ERA is right at 3.
    7. Telvin Nash, 1B A-: Really good power for a young guy, I hope he can make the switch to an outfield position.
    8. Tanner Bushue, SP A-: Having a good year in Lexington unlike a lot of other highly drafted peers
    9. Chris Wallace, C AA: Maybe the cater of the future 2.0? Offensively he is above average, but I'm not sure about his defense behind the plate.
    10. Jonathon Villar, SS AA: Great defensively with a lot of hype and potential but he is really struggling in the lead off spot for CC
    11. Jimmy Paredes, 2B/3B AA: Better at the plate than Villar, plays a solid 3B, and is our best chance is uproot Chris Johnson's terrible plate discipline and comical defense.
    12. JB Shuck, OF AAA: A guy I think should be called up soon with the departure of Bourn. He plays LF primarily but has played CF before. Could be a good fourth outfielder.
    13. Henry Sosa, SP AA: Has consistently put up good numbers in AA for us and the Giants, but really struggled in AAA. We'll see if he can find success in OKC.
    14. Juan Abreau, RP: Hardest thrower after Cosart? Has control issues, but those can be fixable.
    15. Adam Baily RF A-: Don't know a lot about him, but an OBP of .330 and most HRs in our entire orgaanization (16)
    Like the Wallace acknowledgment. I think he might be a diamond in the rough. People thought he was a bit of reach when drafted. One addition I might make would be Chase Davidson. We drafted him third a couple of years ago and he didn't sign. Drafted him extremely low last draft and he is absolutely raking.

vCash
    Saw this little gem of information...
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/0...medium=twitter

The Astros hired an independent scout to watch their minor league affiliates and the scout found fewer than five players who should play in the Major Leagues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    I like what our Minor system is looking like vs in years past. I have been following our minors more than the Astros this season. I have been able to see a few Hooks games this season. I have been impressed with Seaton's on the mound. I know he had some hype when we first signed him before he fell off. I think with a season at AAA next season he'll be ready to contribute to our rotation in another 2-3 years.

vCash
    Iím impressed by the way youíve voiced your opinions and formatted your content. It takes a great writer to put this kind of informational post into clear terms. Thank you.

vCash
    he Houston Astros prospect brings his on-base-oriented approach to the Stay connected for news and updates Follow @MinorLeagueBall

vCash
    Any news on Springer? I hope they wait the 10 games then call him up. You guys need a reason to watch the games and I'm not sure Carter is that reason. I understand waiting to call him up so he's under control though 2020 but damn, the organization needs to realize some of these prospects are going to be MLB ready and you can't wait for the timing to work out just perfectly. Eventually you have to let them play.

Any news on Springer in 2014? What do you guys think will happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.
    K Love is basically TT with a shot and better passing.

vCash
    3 days and no replies?
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    Any news on Springer? I hope they wait the 10 games then call him up. You guys need a reason to watch the games and I'm not sure Carter is that reason. I understand waiting to call him up so he's under control though 2020 but damn, the organization needs to realize some of these prospects are going to be MLB ready and you can't wait for the timing to work out just perfectly. Eventually you have to let them play.

Any news on Springer in 2014? What do you guys think will happen?
    I dont think he will ever come up. Maybe in like 2019. Hes the best player in our entire organization so Im hoping he is starting opening day, though I seriously doubt it. He isnt having a very good spring although he leads the team in walks and had a walk off hit. His defense has been impressive though.

vCash
    If the team waits 10 games they'll be able to control him an extra year. If they call him up on game 11 I think the players association might cause them a headache. I hope he starts the season hot and will be called up in May. He might be one of the few guys who can have a 25/25 season. Though, I see him more as a 20/40 type guy. A B.J. Upton of a few years ago type...

vCash

Minor League News

He's the household name that will bring back fans under our new core of Astros. We need to handle this accordingly or he bails the first chance he has.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast