Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

More bad news for FSU - Starting LT and LG out for year(Update)

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- School officials say one of Florida State's starting offensive tackles is ineligible for the 2008 season.

Daron Rose started 11 games at the critical left tackle position last fall for FSU. The 285-pound offensive lineman from Tampa will attend a junior college in a bid to regain eligibility.

Redshirt freshman Antwane Greenlee will move into Rose's spot for the beginning of fall practice in August.

Rose's departure is the second this week for the Seminoles, who are coming off successive 7-6 seasons as they prepare for their first season with Bobby Bowden's coaching successor, Jimbo Fisher, now formally in place.

Florida State will also be without another half dozen of its top players for the first three games because of a classroom cheating scandal in a music history class attended by a large number of athletes.
    -ESPN

What a joke this program is starting to turn into. All the news i ever hear about them is bad news and this isnt helping there team at all this season. Rose is a very talented kid who plays a very important position. These kids need to realize that passing there classes will allow them to play football
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    haha i hate florida state just as much as the next canes fan, but i did love watching the games when they were both #1 and #2 in the country so i hope they get good again just not that good

vCash

Lovin it!

vCash
    Just another day at Free Shoes University...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    What a joke this program is starting to turn into.
    turning into? they've been this way forever! quick SAT analogy for everyone: fsu is to classy as pam anderson is to virgin.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post

Lovin it!

there's really no greater sound than hearing 90,000 gator fans in the swamp screaming "UF rejects" over and over again after yet another gator blowout of the semenholes.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    I hate to say this but:

This off-season couldn't be better for the Canes.
    DUKE.

vCash
    Florida State starting left guard Evan Bellamy will miss the entire season because of a blood clot in his leg, a source within the program told ESPN.com. Bellamy, a redshirt sophomore, is expected to miss six months.

Bellamy played in all 10 games last season, including the first start of his career in the Music City Bowl, and he wasn't called for one penalty. His backup on the spring depth chart is Jacob Stanley, who doesn't have any game experience.

Bellamy will definitely be missed, as two backup offensive linemen will also be missing for the first three games because of the suspensions handed down after FSU's widely publicized academic scandal last season. The Seminoles' young offensive line is without a senior for the first time since 2003.
    -ESPN

Man, that O-Line is in rough shape going into the season for Florida State. They have a ton of inexperience and now they are missing the entire left side of their line. I honestly can't see this season being any better then the last one...They are a mess, IMO
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    Obviously, you dont want players to go down with injuries or illnesses, but I just find this to be great news.

vCash
    FSU is getting ****ed over more and more every day.