Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Clemson has great coaches as well.
    Clemson has to at least win the DIVISION before you can go out on that limb.

And he better do it this year because nobody in the ACC is returning the talent Clemson has. The fruit has never been more ripe for the picking.

vCash
    You're right Saint Brian, but I think the whole hot seat on Tommy Bowden is blown way out of proportion. The thing is, he is a great coach. He has had the program bowl eligible every year that he has been here. The only year we didn't go to a bowl was when we had the fight with SoCar and both teams agreed not to go bowling as a punishment.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    You're right Saint Brian, but I think the whole hot seat on Tommy Bowden is blown way out of proportion. The thing is, he is a great coach. He has had the program bowl eligible every year that he has been here. The only year we didn't go to a bowl was when we had the fight with SoCar and both teams agreed not to go bowling as a punishment.
    I will call CTB a 'great' recruiter and a 'great' advocate for the improvement of Clemson's facilities. But I will not call him a GREAT coach until he wins the ACC title. Since CTB came aboard, the talent level, the academic improvement in the players, and the Clemson football facilities have increased 1000%. On top of that, he has taken control of the two most important rivalries in the Clemson Universe: USuC and Free Shoes University. So for those reasons alone, I hope he never leaves. But until he wins an ACC title, there is no legitimate way any of us can call him a 'great' coach. This year is the best chance we have had in the last decade. Not only do we have the best talent on our roster of any team in the last ten years, but the rest of the ACC power programs (VT, UM, FSU, and BC), on paper at least, have much bigger question marks than exist with Clemson.

vCash
    Wow, Saint Brian, you are a Clemson fan, then? I guess that makes two of us on PSD. If Clemson doesn't win the ACC (I fully expect they will), and they fire Tommy, they better hire Brad Scott. He is an amazing recruiter and coach.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Wow, Saint Brian, you are a Clemson fan, then? I guess that makes two of us on PSD. If Clemson doesn't win the ACC (I fully expect they will), and they fire Tommy, they better hire Brad Scott. He is an amazing recruiter and coach.
    Graduated from Clemson in '95...4 1/2 years of Brackett Hall/Daniel Hall/Hardin Hall, Ice House, Clemson Football, Clemson Baseball, and Clemson Basketball.

Even if they don't win the ACC this year, I can't see them firing Bowden. The way he has taken control of our rivalries with USuC and FSUc is not lost on the Athletic Department and the Boosters. Sort of like that job security a coach from Ohio State gets as long as he can beat Michigan on a regular basis.

vCash
    In my opinion, i thought Tommy Bowden was going to be fired a couple of years ago...but that didn't happen. If it hasnt happened yet, then i don't think its going to happen after this year. I will have to agree with Saint Brian when he says that Bowden will keep his job due to winning the rivalry games and doing so much for the Football program.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    Yeah, it would be a total mistake to fire him, for sure.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Devonte Holloman, the nation's number two safety according to Scout.com and one of the top performers at the weekend's UnderArmour/Scout.com Combine in Charlotte made a surprise announcement today and committed to Clemson.
    Link

Clemson now has commitments from the top two safeties in the country (Craig Loston being the #1 ranked safety) and has six recruits in the 2009 class with 5 or 4 star ratings. Clemson is working on an even better recruiting class than 2008's...with eight months to go.

vCash
    Wow, fantastic news for us, Saint Brian!
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    CLEMSON, S.C. -- Suspended Clemson linebacker Cortney Vincent will not return for the 2008 season.

Vincent was suspended for spring practice for an unspecified violation of team rules.

Coach Tommy Bowden said in a news release Monday that Vincent would have been academically eligible to compete in the fall, but did not meet goals set by the team for the spring.

Vincent started 12 games last season and had 68 tackles and two sacks.

He would have been a fifth-year senior in the fall and will have to transfer to a Division II or Division III school to play this season.

Clemson also announced that wide receiver Jeff Ogren will transfer to another school. Ogren played in four games last year and had one reception for eight yards.
    -ESPN

Not good news for the Tigers because Vincent is a pretty good linebacker. Didn't you guys lose a lot of people from your linebacking group since last year...

vCash
    Dont be frontin' hughes...you know you are laughing your *** off right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    -ESPN

Not good news for the Tigers because Vincent is a pretty good linebacker. Didn't you guys lose a lot of people from your linebacking group since last year...
    I don't think it is too big of a deal. He is pretty good but wasn't even practicing in Spring Practice. Clemson, unlike South Carolina, will actually kick out thugs. I'm proud of them.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    -ESPN

This is old news and not a concern. Vincent hasn't been on the depth chart since the end of last season. This is just Bowden making it official. To Vincent's credit, he is staying at Clemson to finish his degree and has no hard feelings about the decision.

Clemson is pretty deep at LB and the group that participated in spring practice did much better than anyone anticipated. Basically they'll have two juniors and a soph. starting with a few four star sophs in reserve. Plus the 2008 class has three highly ranked LB's.
    Last edited by Saint Brian; 05-21-2008 at 05:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Brian View Post
    This is old news and not a concern. Vincent hasn't been on the depth chart since the end of last season. This is just Bowden making it official. To Vincent's credit, he is staying at Clemson to finish his degree and has no hard feelings about the decision.

Clemson is pretty deep at LB and the group that participated in spring practice did much better than anyone anticipated. Basically they'll have two juniors and a soph. starting with a few four star sophs in reserve. Plus the 2008 class has three highly ranked LB's.
    Yeah i realize its old news...but i also posted it when it came out the first time. They might have a lot of talent at LB, but do they have any experience. I thought i remembered hearing that they lost all 3 of their starters but that could be another team i am thinking about

vCash
    Yeah i realize its old news...but i also posted it when it came out the first time. They might have a lot of talent at LB, but do they have any experience. I thought i remembered hearing that they lost all 3 of their starters but that could be another team i am thinking about
    They lost Billie to graduation, Vincent obviously is not coming back, and Clay left Clemson before the bowl game because of personal reasons. Clay may come back but he has not made a decision yet.

Clemson's current crop of starters (spring practice depth chart) do not have much in the way of game experience but they have more talent than last year's group. Clemson's big concern is the OL not the LB's.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast