Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ASU wins Game 1 7-4.

vCash

Tigers are in a big hole. We had our chances last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Brian View Post

Tigers are in a big hole. We had our chances last night.
    Tigers baseball usually has a flair for the dramatic! I'm just glad I get to watch it on tv tonight.

vCash
    Game 2 is just underway on ESPN2.

vCash
    It was a good run by the Tigers baseball team. Congrats to ASU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Brian View Post
    It was a good run by the Tigers baseball team. Congrats to ASU.
    Yeah, ASU looked great. The encouraging thing for us is that we're still rebuilding. The next two years should be great for us, although it looks like we're going to lose Dwyer.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    July 16, 2009
    Brown commits to Clemson
    By Phil Kornblut

ATH Desmond Brown (6-0 195) of Centre, AL committed Thursday to Clemson during an unofficial visit with the Tigers. Brown was offered during the visit and committed on the spot. "I'm so happy, so happy," Brown said. "We showed up unexpected because when we visited last week, coach Cheese (Harbison) showed us around but the rest of the coaches weren't there. We wanted to meet the other coaches face to face and get the process over before the season. We talked to coach Steele a long time. Coach Steele said he's never signed anyone without seeing them first." Brown also met with head coach Dabo Swinney. "Coach Swinney was stressing getting that degree," he said. "He said they were hurting at safety. I couldn't be more excited. Clemson is the place I want to be. If the NFL called right now, I wouldn't want to go. Coming down here, I had a good feeling something was going to happen. I want a school where the coaching staff is going to be a family to me and guide me and is real tight and strong on academics. Coach Swinney is a world class guy. I wouldn't trade him for another head coach." Brown also had offers from USC, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Southern Miss, Tennessee and Middle Tennessee. He becomes Clemson's 8th commitment, and his commitment might lead to a couple of more big pickups for the Tigers. Brown is close friends with RB Demont Buice and ATH Victor Beasley. The three want to play together, and Brown expects them to follow his lead. In fact, he thought Buice would have committed to Clemson before him. "I beleive he'll be making that call as soon as he can," Brown said. "Victor Beasley, no doubt, will want to be there. This is a chance we can all do it and have a chance at a national championship together."
    A really good pick up for us.

vCash
    I'd like to see some more OL and DL recruits. I'm pissed we lost out on Mack to USuC.

vCash
    Clemson coach Dabo Swinney told TheState.com that his offense will mix in a little spread, ball control and option this season.
    Go ahead and deem us optimistic about what Swinney's offense will do in 2009 and beyond. There is some definite talent at Clemson. C.J. Spiller and Jacoby Ford will lead the offense, and whoever emerges at quarterback will provide some electric moments. And those looking down road should be intrigued by young backs Andre Ellington and Jamie Harper.
    Rotoworld.com

vCash
    Looks like we're about to get two four star DBs:

By Phil Kornblut

DB Darius Robinson (5-11 171) of Atlanta, who has been a strong lean to Clemson for several weeks, is expected to announce his commitment to the Tigers Thursday. Robinson picked the Tigers over Stanford, Miami, Central Florida and Maryland. At one time Robison favored Miami, but he switched to the Tigers after visiting the campus earlier in the summer. "I don't want to go to far so my parents can see me play every weekend," Robinson said earlier this summer. "Me and my dad really vibed with the people at Clemson." Last season Robinson had 43 tackles and 3 interceptions. "I'm a very confident player and I like to be emotional on the field," Robinson said. "Not too many guys can beat me. I can play physical." Robinson will become the 14th commitment for the Tigers. And #15 might not be too far behind. DB Garry Peters of Atlanta also has been a strong lean to Clemson for several weeks and may be close to going public with his commitment as well.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Looks like we're about to get two four star DBs:
    I saw this over on palmetto football talk, keep 'em coming!

vCash
    We probably aren't getting Victor Beasley unless Desmond Brown and Demont Buice can talk him in to it:

Beasley gives Clemson final look
    By Phil Kornblut

LB Victor Beasley (6-4 220) of Adairsville, GA made an unofficial visit to Clemson Friday with his parents. "It went great," Beasley said Friday night. "They toured us around the place and we got to meet the coaches again. I brought my parents and they fell in love with the place. They showed me the depth chart and if I came there where I would fit in." Beasley met with Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney but did not commit. "I told them give me about a week," Beasley said. "I'm down to Clemson and Alabama. Alabama is leading. When I visited there (Alabama), I just fell in love with the place. The coaches are great. The facilities are great. And the way they treat their players is great." Beasley did not have a timetable for next week for when he'll make his decision.
    Yeesh, I don't see how he can visit Clemson and still prefer Alabama.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    We probably aren't getting Victor Beasley unless Desmond Brown and Demont Buice can talk him in to it:

Yeesh, I don't see how he can visit Clemson and still prefer Alabama.
    I think that when he visits he will be amazed and won over like Boyd was.

vCash
    Former Clemson starter Barry Humphries has decided to leave the Tigers to regain a starting job somewhere else.
    Humphries, who would have played as a graduate student this fall, began 2008 as the team's starting guard. However, the 6-foot, 300-pound offensive lineman tore knee ligament in the loss to Alabama, reinjured it during midseason and eventually had surgery that ended his season.
    Clemson coach Dabo Swinney announced Humphries choice Friday. Humphries was listed as a fourth-team center and guard, the school said.
    Swinney also had suspended Humphries for two games for his drunken driving arrest in May. The school said Humphries was riding a motor scooter when he was arrested and charged.
    Humphries said in a statement Friday he wasn't going to see much work during camp since he wouldn't be eligible to play the opener.
    "I would like to be a starter in my final year of college and it would be very difficult for that to be the case at Clemson this year," Humphries said.
    Humphries started seven games for the Tigers in 2007, five at center and two at right guard. He was on the team with 86 1/2 knockdown blocks.
    Humphries earned his undergraduate degree this past May.
    -si

vCash
    Five impact freshmen for Clemson in 2009

By PAUL STRELOW
    The (Columbia) State

Published: Saturday, August 1, 2009 at 3:15 a.m.
    Last Modified: Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 3:21 a.m.

CLEMSON — When it came to redshirting freshmen, former Clemson coach Tommy Bowden found himself between Howard’s Rock and a hard place.

Bowden usually wound up using eight or nine freshmen on an annual basis — half for depth purposes alone, as the Tigers got caught in a cycle of constantly having to groom players for immediate second-string roles.

Bowden’s replacement, Dabo Swinney, intimated this week he plans to be more judicious in that regard.

Good thing, because after Clemson signed a mere 12 recruits for this season’s newcomer class, the Tigers might otherwise be left short-handed to field a scout squad.

Teammates have raved foremost about quarterback Tajh Boyd’s presence and arm strength, but the odds seem stacked against him seeing the field barring significant injuries to Kyle Parker and Willy Korn.

The five newcomers most likely to make an impact this season:
    DE Malliciah Goodman

Despite sophomore Andre Branch’s apparent emergence during the spring as a viable backup to Da’Quan Bowers at strong-side end, coordinator Kevin Steele continues to contend Goodman — a 6-foot-4, 260-pound early enrollee from Florence — has shown too much promise to redshirt.

Defensive end is undoubtedly Clemson’s deepest position, especially with last year’s starter — senior Kevin Alexander — likely coming off the bench unless he wins the starting strong-side linebacker job this month.

Yet Goodman possesses the highest ceiling of all the reserve options, and thus Steele seems compelled to groom him with spot duty in the early going.
    OL J.K. Jay

Jay, Clemson’s other early enrollee, exited the spring listed as a tri-starter at right tackle — more of an attempt to light a fire under sophomore Landon Walker and senior Cory Lambert than anything else.

But the 6-6, 290-pounder from Greenville is tabbed to play this year because the Tigers cannot afford to bank on having just three bona fide tackles (including left tackle Chris Hairston) getting them through a season.

Granted, there’s a disclaimer. Jay has been experiencing an undisclosed back ailment that could jeopardize his availability.

If Jay cannot go, the Tigers will have to choose between rolling the dice with moving a veteran to tackle or pulling the redshirt off freshman Brandon Thomas, Hairston’s heir apparent at left tackle.
    WR Bryce McNeal

Until Clemson’s first Minnesota signee since 1968 debuts his route-running wares in opening practices, receivers coach Jeff Scott won’t know whether it will be worth the work necessary to prepare McNeal for immediate action.

But the slight 6-2, 180-pounder is arguably the freshman wild card of August camp, both because of his reputed talents (he was ranked the No. 10 receiver prospect by Rivals.com) as well as the Tigers’ inconsistent spring performances at receiver beyond those of Jacoby Ford.

To begin with, McNeal will only train as an inside slot receiver, where promising youngsters Marquan Jones and Jaron Brown are also working. If McNeal catches balls that the others continue to drop, all bets are off.
    LB Corico Hawkins

Last week’s news that reserve Stanley Hunter has given up football for medical reasons further depleted a linebackers corps lacking overall quality and quantity in the first place.

Giving Alexander a crack at linebacker should help, but beyond the incumbent first-string unit of Brandon Maye, Kavell Conner and Scotty Cooper, the only other legit alternatives are veteran senior backup Jeremy Campbell and Jonathan Willard, an unproven-but-gifted redshirt freshman.

Of the three linebacker signees, Hawkins — a 6-foot, 230-pounder from Milledgeville, Ga. — is the only one who looks the part already. He possesses the thick bulk Steele prefers for an inside backer, and recruits like this who were pursued more for their productive track record than potential tend to be better prepared for an early assignment.
    S Jonathan Meeks

On signing day, Meeks (6-2, 205) was regarded as a lock for the two-deep depth chart because the Tigers didn’t have many other scholarship bodies to go there.

Now, through no fault of his own, the Rock Hill native’s role appears less certain.

The decision to cross-train underutilized corner Marcus Gilchrist at free safety — along with journeyman senior Sadat Chambers’ progression there in the spring — takes care of that position. DeAndre McDaniel has the strong safety job locked up, too, perhaps resting Meeks’ short-term fate on the condition of speedy redshirt freshman backup Spencer Adams’ surgically repaired knee.
    http://www.goupstate.com/article/200...lemson-in-2009

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast