Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^It will all work itself out in time. Part of the reason Boyd chose us was to play early on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    ^It will all work itself out in time. Part of the reason Boyd chose us was to play early on.
    Barring unforseen circumstances, he'll be starting by his RS Sophomore year for sure. I'm darn near sure he won't play next year, it would be a total waste, wouldn't you agree?

vCash
    ^If we used him late it would be a waste, but depending on how fast he recovers (some knee surgeries these days are unbelievably fast to recover from compared to in the past).

vCash
    3 years is a waste? He tore at least his ACL, maybe more. He won't play this year because he won't be ready for the start of the season. What's the point of wasting a year of eligibility on an ultra talented guy who won't have the system down mentally or physically by the start of the season?

vCash
    ^He is studying the playbook right now, he has graduated already and moved and was at Spring Practice, I read somewhere that he may be ready by fall practice but if he's not Dabo will do what's right, he gets paid the big bucks to make those decisions.

vCash
    Boyd is going to be redshirted. Korn, Parker, and even Wade are so far ahead of Boyd in terms of knowing the system. And Korn and Parker have both been pretty impressive thus far this spring. Boyd has no shot of contibuting in 2009. Not redshirting him would be a waste of a year of his eligibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Brian View Post
    Boyd is going to be redshirted. Korn, Parker, and even Wade are so far ahead of Boyd in terms of knowing the system. And Korn and Parker have both been pretty impressive thus far this spring. Boyd has no shot of contibuting in 2009. Not redshirting him would be a waste of a year of his eligibility.
    I knew someone sensible would agree with me!

vCash
    Whenever Boyd is ready he will no doubt be the starter, esp. if Parker only plays this year and then goes pro in baseball, Korn's only chance may be this season if they split time with him and Parker, there is so much athleticism between the two it's hard to imagne it not being used.

vCash
    Whenever Boyd is ready he will no doubt be the starter, esp. if Parker only plays this year and then goes pro in baseball, Korn's only chance may be this season if they split time with him and Parker, there is so much athleticism between the two it's hard to imagne it not being used.
    Parker cannot go pro in baseball until after his junior year. He'll be at Clemson for at least two more years.

vCash
    Parker cannot go pro in baseball until after his junior year. He'll be at Clemson for at least two more years.
    I'm not real sure of the situation, but I'm curious as to why he can't go pro in baseball until after his junior year?
    "Hitting is better than sex." Reggie Jackson

“The only reason I don't like playing in the World Series is I can't watch myself play." Reggie Jackson

vCash
    Nevermind, I read the rules about baseball draft. Kinda interesting that you can go out of high school, but must be a junior/21 years old in college.
    "Hitting is better than sex." Reggie Jackson

“The only reason I don't like playing in the World Series is I can't watch myself play." Reggie Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. October View Post
    Nevermind, I read the rules about baseball draft. Kinda interesting that you can go out of high school, but must be a junior/21 years old in college.
    Basically, it keeps kids in school. The NBA/NCAAB should really implement this rule. If a player doesn't want to go to school, don't make him go. Its stupid to make a kid show up for one year. If they do commit to a school, make them actually COMMIT to at least three years. Solves the 1 and done problem, but it makes too much sense for the NCAA to do it.

vCash
    That is an incorrect statement. This is Parker's soph. season right now in baseball, next baseball season (before football season mind you) will be his Jr. season and since baseball season is over before football starts this very well could be Kyle's only year playing football at Clemson.

vCash
    That is an incorrect statement. This is Parker's soph. season right now in baseball, next baseball season (before football season mind you) will be his Jr. season and since baseball season is over before football starts this very well could be Kyle's only year playing football at Clemson.
    Certain groups of players are ineligible for selection, generally because they are still in school. The basic categories of players eligible to be drafted are:

High school players, if they have graduated from high school and have not yet attended college or junior college; College players, from four-year colleges who have either completed their junior or senior years or are at least 21 years old; and Junior college players, regardless of how many years of school they have completed.

Parker started school in the spring of 2008. The earliest he'd complete his junior year is fall of 2010. The first MLB draft available to Parker would be the June 2011 draft.

vCash
    Certain groups of players are ineligible for selection, generally because they are still in school. The basic categories of players eligible to be drafted are:

High school players, if they have graduated from high school and have not yet attended college or junior college; College players, from four-year colleges who have either completed their junior or senior years or are at least 21 years old; and Junior college players, regardless of how many years of school they have completed.

Parker started school in the spring of 2008. The earliest he'd complete his junior year is fall of 2010. The first MLB draft available to Parker would be the June 2011 draft.
    Exactly. He's a baseball sophomore for eligibility reasons, but is still a freshman overall.

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast