Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Canadiens General

Post off topic thoughts on the team, ideas for trades and signing ideas as well.

vCash
    Higgins + Plekanec + 2nd round = Bouwmeester (sp?)

vCash
    I think we need to keep Plec if we are not getting vinny

vCash
    We need to get rid of Plekanec someway and somehow, and let Higgy take over the second line, Higgy is gonna be a star in this league if he stays healthy. So much for Higgy being our future captain like they use to say when they drafted him.

vCash

Talking

Mike Cammalleri 27 CGY $3,600,000
    Henrik Sedin 28 VAN $3,575,000
    Erik Cole 30 CAR $4,000,000
    Daniel Sedin 28 VAN $3,575,000
    Sign these

Saku Koivu 34 MON $4,750,000
    Robert Lang 38 MON $4,000,000
    Alexei Kovalev 36 MON $4,500,000
    Mathieu Schneider 40 MON $5,750,000
    Let go these

Alex Tanguay 29 MON $5,375,000
    keep him at a cheaper rate

Trade for Vinny
    Sign defensive defensemen

vCash
    Lecavalier would be huge for the Habs, but I'm willing to bet the Habs are the 29th team in the NHL that Brian Lawton would even consider dealing Vinny too. Can you honestly blame Bob Gainey for his comments 3 three weeks ago criticizing Lawton after he publicly stated the Habs offered Plekanec, Higgins, Gorges, Suppan, 1st rounder, in which turn lead to another distraction for the already struggling Habs, as you could see by Plekanec's performance the last 2 months of his what I would call, last games as a Hab if I were G.M.. As much as I'd love to see Vinny playing for the Habs, its looking very unlikely that will happen...

vCash
    quick question...im planning a trip up to montreal in october, and since tickets havent gone on sale yet, i have no idea how much they usually run for.

how much would tickets up top be for a typical game?
    Rex Ryan
    Do you understand what the **** I wanna see tomorrow? Let's go eat a god damn snack
    THE TRIPOD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arliss View Post
    quick question...im planning a trip up to montreal in october, and since tickets havent gone on sale yet, i have no idea how much they usually run for.

how much would tickets up top be for a typical game?
    It all depends who they're facing. Who do you plan to go see play?

vCash
    YAAAAWN, and why is this back on the top article?

vCash

I don't know?

I don't know why this is back, but I was pretty accurate about who they got rid of, just not so accurate on who they got. Not so bad for half a world a way! Keep up the gossip posting, nice reading for us down south who cannot watch a game or find a paper that mentions ice hockey! Thanks to all!

vCash
    Damn that sucks mate, anything you ever need to know just ask, later man.

vCash
    Get rid of Plekanec, hes a stiff just like every other player in montreal..except for Gill
    Trade for Dany Heatley cuz hes a ****ing allstar..

vCash
    Did anyone else get any tickets yesterday? I picked tickets for the Capitals game on March 26th.

vCash
    Here is some ideas, how about a 2nd rounder for Chris Neil since we need a tough guy and he can also put the puck in the net and how about AK and a prospect for Dustin Penner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 01habsfan01 View Post
    Here is some ideas, how about a 2nd rounder for Chris Neil since we need a tough guy and he can also put the puck in the net and how about AK and a prospect for Dustin Penner.
    I think the only way the Habs truly get to "the next level" is to get bigger. It is great having some smaller skilled guys, but this is not the early 80's any longer(unfortunately, that was some great hockey)) and a small team like they have is not going to cut it.

Teams like Philly and Boston will run them over... I'm not sure there is one player out there that makes them significantly better, or better to the point they are in the upper echelon of the league.

I think though, your proposed deals make some sense. Neil would definitely help. I think you might be a little light on what it will take to get Penner, but you're on the right track.

This is going to sound stupid, but I think this team has to be completely re-shaped. Move out whatever vetran contracts you can,( Gomez is IMO almost unmoveable, with his contract, I like Cammi & Gionta) They have drafted terrible over the past 25 years, and haven't really had a marquee guy since back in the early 90's.(Roy)

A guy like Rick Nash comes to mind. A big guy who can score, and is still young is what this team needs. It would take alot to aquire him, and he is the type who needs a supporting cast, but he would be a guy I would be targeting if I were the Habs..................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast