Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    maybe dan cloutier... i shouldnt even joke like that. anze was and will be for as long as he is a king.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

vCash
    i hope he's the right guy for the job.
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

vCash
    i only say bernier if he is for sure ready. if not, then i guess i'd be content with lababera, just not cloutier. can we retract our past cristobal huet trade?

vCash
    i wish we could.... i cant beleive we traded him. he was close to signing with la this offseason too

vCash

Who should the Kings new captain be?

Not one captain or alternate captain from last season is returning ( Blake, Cammalleri, Thorton, Visnovsky). Who would you pick?

Captain: Armstong-Deserves it by far and long awaited.
    Alt.1: Kopitar- The new leader of the young guns.
    Alt.2: Preissing- Only defensman that has been in the league long enough to earn it.
    Alt.3: Brown- Fututre Captain.

vCash
    Kopitar is too young to be captain imo.. he should be assistant.. But captain should be someone who has been there the longest, someone who everyone would listen to.. for now Im not sure who it could be

ugh.. I wish Norstrom was still here

vCash
    your not the only 1....

vCash
    i vote for kelly hrudey

vCash
    I say Dustin Brown or Armstong

vCash

Where do you see the Kings coming in the Pacific Division?

Where do you see the Kings coming in the Pacific Division?

vCash
    C- Brown
    A- Anze
    A- Frolov
    A- Armstrong

vCash
    I'm hoping for 1st, who knows it could happen.

vCash

Kings By The Numbers

KINGS BY THE NUMBERS
    Advantage Margin +58

Whatever problems the Kings had, giving up too many power plays wasn't among them. They surrendered just 309, the second-fewest in the NHL, including a League-low 148 away from home.

Even-Strength Goals Margin -37

The Kings had nine players who were minus-10 or worse. Only Alexander Frolov (49) had more than 39 even-strength points, and at plus-1, he was the only one of the Kings' top six scorers in the plus column.

Special Teams Goal Margin -4

Luckily for the Kings they didn't allow many power plays, because they were last in penalty-killing at 78.0 percent. The penalty-killers did score 11 times while shorthanded.

Goals by defensemen 33

Three L.A. defensemen had eight or more goals, but only one (Tom Preissing) is back this season. The Kings hope Drew Doughty, the second pick of the 2008 Entry Draft, will be able to pick up some of the slack for the departed Rob Blake and Lubomir Visnovsky.

Overtime Record Total: 7-4-3 | OT: 2-4 | SO: 5-3

The Kings were among the best offensive teams in the shootout, scoring on 41.4 percent of their chances. Much of that was due to Patrick O'Sullivan, who was successful on four of his five tries, with three of them being game-deciders.

Times Scored First 33, Record 17-11-5

The Kings had the dubious daily double of scoring the first goal the fewest times in the League (tied with Anaheim) and posting the lowest winning percentage when they did score first (.515).

Best 2007-08 Number 12-5-0

The Kings' record on Thursdays, by far their best day of the week. Thursday was the only day in which the Kings were over .500, and they had more than one-third of their points on Thursdays.

Worst 2007-08 Number 7

Goaltenders used by the Kings, by far the most of any team -- no one else used more than four. It didn't help -- the Kings were No. 28 in goals-against average.

Scheduling

The Kings and their fans will have plenty of chances to get acquainted early in the season. After opening in San Jose, they have four home games, a two-day trip to St. Louis and Nashville, then eight more at home. The bad news -- they have three long road trips after mid-January and play 10 of their last 13 games away from Staples Center.

vCash
    last...

vCash
    last =/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast