Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jays after Kendrick

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/4049/howie-kendrick

Jays making multiply calls sounds like they are serious

Hopefully we can strike a deal here and Kendrick agrees to come play here as were on his no trade list.
    Last edited by armchairgm; 11-07-2014 at 08:09 AM.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

I'd be OK with giving up a solid package for Kendrick and a relief arm ( Angels seem to have many).

What does it take to land Kendrick and one of Morin/Jepsen/Salas ? I'd start with Happ but obviously we add a couple prospects.

If the Jays had Howie Kendrick and the Angels wanted to trade for him and the package started with JA Happ, the conversation would end prety quickly...unless the prospects involved were pretty high end. And I'm not talking DJ Davis, or DSJ. They'll be asking for one of Sanchez, Norris, Pompey, Barreto.

Who wants to ring that bell?

Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    If the Jays had Howie Kendrick and the Angels wanted to trade for him and the package started with JA Happ, the conversation would end prety quickly...unless the prospects involved were pretty high end. And I'm not talking DJ Davis, or DSJ. They'll be asking for one of Sanchez, Norris, Pompey, Barreto.

Who wants to ring that bell?
    They want ML starting pitching.

Sure, but they'll want quality ML starting pitching.

Since 2011, only Cano, Zobrist, Pedroia and Kinsler have had a higher WAR than Kendrick. Needless to say, they aren't going to move a guy with a 4.7 WAR last season for J.A. Happ, unless a prospect like Sanchez/Norris/Osuna + significant piece are also heading back to the Angels.

They might want ML pitching, but they aren't going to give the guy away!

Wait, why are the Angels asking for Happ and an elite prospect for one year of Kendrick now? Y'all must be the ones who believe Anthopolous when he says teams were asking for Stroman for a couple of months of Headley or Prado.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post

Since 2011, only Cano, Zobrist, Pedroia and Kinsler have had a higher WAR than Kendrick. Needless to say, they aren't going to move a guy with a 4.7 WAR last season for J.A. Happ, unless a prospect like Sanchez/Norris/Osuna + significant piece are also heading back to the Angels.

Agreed - Happ might be part of the deal but the Jays will need to kick in some prospects to get Kendrick. The Angels really have no reason to give him away for free --- but the Jays aren't going to trade someone like Sanchez for a rental either, so they'll have to find middle ground if they are serious about moving him (at least to Toronto).

Something like Happ and Osuna might at leaset get them interested... Otherwise, pretty sure the Angels just hang up the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Wait, why are the Angels asking for Happ and an elite prospect for one year of Kendrick now? Y'all must be the ones who believe Anthopolous when he says teams were asking for Stroman for a couple of months of Headley or Prado.
    One year of Kendrick >>> One year of Happ.

Kendricks at 9.5 million and Happ at 6.8 Mill so LA would save some cash but yes I think they will be looking for some specs but no way I give anything in are top ten, their farm is pretty horrible right now maybe they get 1-2 of are mid specs.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Kendricks at 9.5 million and Happ at 6.8 Mill so LA would save some cash but yes I think they will be looking for some specs but no way I give anything in are top ten, their farm is pretty horrible right now maybe they get 1-2 of are mid specs.
    Maybe it won't be one of our top specs, but I just don't think it's going to be nearly as easy to land Kendrick as some would believe. They'll be looking for much more than Happ...and my gut tells me we're not going to like what a) they'll be asking for, or b) what the deal ends up being if we do come to an agreement.

That said, I have no inside knowledge so I guess we'll see what comes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post

But none of those guys are ML starting pitchers.

I think you're missing the point.

Happ's left-handed, touches 95 and had a 4.18 FIP/3.90 xFIP starting in the AL East in '14. That's pretty valuable. Certainly would take more to get Kendrick, but tacking on top 50 prospects for one year of a good second baseman is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Happ's left-handed, touches 95 and had a 4.18 FIP/3.90 xFIP starting in the AL East in '14. That's pretty valuable. Certainly would take more to get Kendrick, but tacking on top 50 prospects for one year of a good second baseman is nuts.
    Thank you. There is a way to make it work for sure. We need to give them something they want, an ML starter. Likely one of Dickey, Buerhle or Happ. Is that equal value, no, absolutely not. That doesn't mean we can't work something out by adding more to one side or the other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast