Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaaBoTownSox View Post
    We're in a tough stretch right now as far as recruiting goes.

Been losing quite a few guys within the past week or so.

Not that anybody cares though, since there has been no replies to my recruiting updates
    Haha, I'm reading...I just don't know much about these guys, so I don't reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Haha, I'm reading...I just don't know much about these guys, so I don't reply.
    Boisture was the number 4 overall rated Pro-Style QB according to Rivals that we had committed to us. We have another QB that just committed a few days go, but I don't know much about him and he isn't rated yet.

We still have 2 other guys that are solid prospects in Kevin Pierre-Louis (LB) & Seth Betancourt (OL). Although Rivals has them as 3 star's, ESPN ranks both in their ESPNU 150.

It's hard to see us getting that many good offensive prospects without a solid QB though.

After the decommittment by Boisture, BC immediately went searching again and the first guy they offered was a guy out of Cali by the name of Chase Rettig. He's somewhat of an unknown right now, but they expect that to change pretty soon.

Here's what he had to say about BC...

"I went up there last week and went to the day camp and threw a little bit and they liked me a lot so they said they're going to make their decision in a couple days," Rettig said. "Then their quarterback de-committed and they got put in a weird situation so they decided to offer me and not wait any longer.

"I received that on Thursday. I talked to one of the coaches and he told me I had an offer and I talked to coach Spaziani that night."

Rettig's plan is to wait a little longer to see what happens at some other schools. He also camped at Southern Cal, Tennessee and North Carolina and is not in a rush to make a decision at this point. Boston College "definitely" remains in play, Rettig said.

"I'm going to wait a little bit," he said. "I want to see how everything goes. I want to see what happens with the other schools I camped with and then I'll be able to see what I want to do.

"(Boston College) is a great school producing quarterbacks in the NFL. It's definitely a place where I love the coaches there, the offense is the kind of offense I want to run and they're always competing in the ACC so it's a good place. BC is definitely a good option. I'm going to look at everything."

Even though his offer list is short at this point, Rettig has had a tremendous spring and is getting consideration from many top programs. He was outstanding at the Los Angeles Nike Camp, then at the Berkeley Elite 11, then he was reportedly solid at all of the college camps he attended.
    -Rivals

vCash
    BC picks up a RB...

The new Boston College offense will still feature slashing running backs like Josh Haden and sneaky power backs like Montel Harris, but down the line head coach Frank Spaziani wants to get back to old school BC football with big backs. That's why BC went so hard after their latest commitment.

"I committed to Boston College yesterday," said 5-foot-11, 202-pound running back Andre Williams from Allentown (Pa.) Parkland Senior. "I wanted a school that would give me a prestigious degree after four years as well as an opportunity to play at a high level of football. Once I got the offers from BC and Vanderbilt, I knew I each offered what I wanted. But when I visited BC, I really liked it and the coaches and felt comfortable."

Williams, who rushed for around 900 yards as a junior after taking over as the starting tailback in game three, was recruited by Jeff Comissiong and hit it off with running backs coach Ben Sirmans.

"They are both good guys," he said. "And BC is a great school. I love the academics and the chance to be the only running back in this class."

Williams, who played at Kennesaw (Ga.) Harrison (highest classification in the state) his first two years of high school, is a bit of a hidden gem in recruiting.

"Moving from Georgia to Pennsylvania, I kind of got lost in the shuffle I guess," he said. "But I got the offer I wanted and feel at home at BC and am excited about playing there. I'm done with the process, I'm happy to be committed."
    -Rivals

vCash
    WR Picks Eagles...

When Alexander Amidon sent his highlight tape to Boston College after his junior season he hoped the Eagles' staff would be interested. They were. And then they invited him to camp, where he earned an offer.

Amidon did not waste any time mulling over his recruitment. He committed to Boston College this weekend.

"I sent my tape off to them after the football season and they were interested and then they wanted me to come to camp so I went up and at the camp they offered," Amidon said.

"They said, 'We're really interested in you from the tape and if you have a good camp we'll definitely offer.' They just wanted to see me in person.

"I went there and I love the campus, it's close to home and I love all the coaches. I really enjoyed meeting with them and it just felt right the second I was at camp."

Amidon is a 5-foot-11 wide receiver from Lakeville (Conn.) Hotchkiss School who was also hearing from New Hampshire, Tulane, Villanova and a little bit from Rutgers and Syracuse. Both of those Big East schools asked him to camp but Amidon said he's glad the recruiting process is finished. He's set for Boston College.

"I'm kind of glad to get it all done with," Amidon said. "My whole life since I started playing football my dream was to go D1, to play for a good program and now that I know I did that to go somewhere I'd love to go, to BC, I can concentrate on my senior year. I can relax for my senior year, focus on the season and not worry about colleges."

His primary position is wide receiver but Amidon could also be used on special teams. He has been timed in the 4.4-second range in the 40-yard dash.

Amidon is Boston College's second commitment this weekend. Andre Williams, a 5-foot-11, 202-pound running back from Allentown (Pa.) Parkland also pledged to the Eagles.
    -Rivals

vCash
    Sharrif Floyd Really Likes BC..

One of the nation's top prospects, a member of the Rivals100, was on the Boston College campus Saturday to check things out. This had been a trip he had long been wanting to make and he came away very impressed with the area, coaches and atmosphere. Who is it?

Philadelphia (Pa.) George Washington defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd, a 6-foot-3, 294-pounder who is ranked 4th in the nation by Rivals.com at his position and is ranked as the No. 91 prospect overall in the nation, took a visit to Chestnut Hill.

"I really liked it," said Floyd, who took the trip with friend and fellow 2010 recruit Malik Stokes. "It's a very good defensive school, the defense has been good for years, the coaches are cool and I got to meet a couple of the players. I toured the campus and checked everything out and I came away impressed."

Floyd especially hit it off with BC defensive line coach Jeff Comissiong.

"We got alonge almost too well," said Floyd. "We are very much alike and I like the way he doesn't promise anything. Most schools promise you this and that but with coach Comish it wasn't like that. He knows what I can do, but until I come to BC to do it he doesn't really worry about it. But he also knows if I go there he can coach me up."

BC put B.J. Raji and Ron Brace in the top 40 picks of the NFL draft this past April, something not lost on Floyd.

"It shows good coaching," he said. "Those guys weren't heavily recruited out of high school but by the time they left BC they were NFL ready. That's impressive to me. I also want to go to a school where I can be a star and not just another player and BC is only taking one defensive tackle this year and I think it's a place I could stand out."

His visit to BC puts the Eagles squarely in his top five heading into a July trip to see Miami, Florida and Florida State.

"I'm interested in seeing how those schools are, but I honestly prefer the cold weather," he said. "Cold weather is football weather, but I want the best fit for me so that's not a big factor. But if I can find it where it's cold, that's a bonus."

Floyd said that BC joins two schools for sure in his top five.

"They are right there with Penn State and North Carolina," he said. "I really don't know who the other two in my top five would be, but I should know more after my trip to Florida in July."

For now, he hopes to get back to Boston during the season.

"If I can get back, I will," he said. "It was a very good first visit."
    -Rivals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaaBoTownSox View Post
    We're in a tough stretch right now as far as recruiting goes.

Been losing quite a few guys within the past week or so.

Not that anybody cares though, since there has been no replies to my recruiting updates
    Bobby Vardaro was one of my high school teammates. He was a freshman when I was a post-grad there. Solid football player and just a great kid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake's Fastball View Post
    Bobby Vardaro was one of my high school teammates. He was a freshman when I was a post-grad there. Solid football player and just a great kid.
    Yeah, he seems like he's going to be a solid prospect at the next level.

vCash
    So my cousin had breakfast with Spaz last Friday morning, and it might be a long year for BC.

I'm sure all of us think they might struggle a bit and have some growing pains, and Spaz seemed to express that to my cousin as well.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    Not very good news to hear that the coach isn't very optimistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Not very good news to hear that the coach isn't very optimistic.
    I don't think he ever said that, and publicly i doubt he ever will.

It's just a feeling that my cousin got after talking with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    I don't think he ever said that, and publicly i doubt he ever will.

It's just a feeling that my cousin got after talking with him.
    Not terribly surprising. We've got no passing game, save Rich Gunnell, entering the upcoming year, and as great as our RBs and o-line could be, they're screwed without anything consistent in the air. Defensively we're a mess right now without Herzlich and McLaughlin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake's Fastball View Post
    Not terribly surprising. We've got no passing game, save Rich Gunnell, entering the upcoming year, and as great as our RBs and o-line could be, they're screwed without anything consistent in the air. Defensively we're a mess right now without Herzlich and McLaughlin.
    Whoaaa, as if losing Raji, Brace, and Herz wasn't enough.

What the hell happened to McLaughlin?

vCash
    Ahhh ****, i just found an article saying he tore his achilles.

Those injuries usually take a long time to recover from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Ahhh ****, i just found an article saying he tore his achilles.

Those injuries usually take a long time to recover from.
    I had thought it was his ACL, but I could be wrong as well.

vCash
    Here's a lengthy article about Herz.

Worth the read, IMO.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast