Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 283
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    24,473
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by P-O-Z View Post
    ow FSU is a bunch of *****es anyone notice how the guy from BC went to say good game to Preston Parker and then pushed the BC player i just want to say thank you BC for putting fsu in their place!
    Glad to help you out with that.

    Patriots Playoffs 2012: Go Hard Or Go Home!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,414
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Its just something you have to learn to live with. Boston College is always underrated coming into the season and that is evident because they always finish higher in the polls then where they start. I think the fact that we don't travel has a huge impact on our Bowl Projections. Most people don't want us to play in there bowl games
    What would they do if we win out (including the acc championship)?

    They'd have to put us in one of the bigger bowls (which would kill them, but make me enjoy it that much more).

    College football system really sucks..

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    16,713
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DaaBoTownSox View Post
    What would they do if we win out (including the acc championship)?

    They'd have to put us in one of the bigger bowls (which would kill them, but make me enjoy it that much more).

    College football system really sucks..
    If we were the ACC Champions then they would have no choice but to give us a BCS Bowl Game. That is probably the worse case scenario for these bowls...and i don't blame them. They want to make money, but they won't make much if BC is playing. I have been to a couple of our bowl games and the following is pretty pathetic
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,414
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    If we were the ACC Champions then they would have no choice but to give us a BCS Bowl Game. That is probably the worse case scenario for these bowls...and i don't blame them. They want to make money, but they won't make much if BC is playing. I have been to a couple of our bowl games and the following is pretty pathetic
    Yeah, I understand the following is pretty bad. Such is the traveling. I guess as a BC/College football fan, I wish money didn't have to determine which bowl you'll play in.

    So, from what I have seen, if we don't win out, people have us locked in for the the emerald bowl in san francisco.

    Which brings me to this question..

    If people know we don't travel well, why would they put us in a bowl on the other side of the country?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    16,713
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DaaBoTownSox View Post
    Yeah, I understand the following is pretty bad. Such is the traveling. I guess as a BC/College football fan, I wish money didn't have to determine which bowl you'll play in.

    So, from what I have seen, if we don't win out, people have us locked in for the the emerald bowl in san francisco.

    Which brings me to this question..

    If people know we don't travel well, why would they put us in a bowl on the other side of the country?
    I haven't really been checking out bowl predictions because they usually just piss me off..but i'm guessing they would put us their because its one of the worst bowls that the ACC is involved in and they would have no choice but to accept us. I would guess that we would play a team with a large following on the west coast
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,414
    vCash
    1500
    Well, if we are to go to that bowl, it will be against a Pac-10 team. Word is that it would be Arizona right now.

    If we can't be in the Orange Bowl, I would be content with the Champs Sports Bowl down in Orlando. That was a nice venue when we went there.

    Meineke Car Care & Champs have both taken us recently, I can't see why they would pass us up this year.

    But, as you said, and everyone else says, these bowls are in it for the money & BC won't produce much money with their fanbase.
    Last edited by DaaBoTownSox; 11-18-2008 at 04:25 AM.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,414
    vCash
    1500
    I'm just going to cross my fingers come selection day (should we not get to & win the acc championship).

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    16,713
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DaaBoTownSox View Post
    Meineke Car Care & Champs have both taken us recently, I can't see why they would pass us up this year.
    I can't speak for the Champ Sports Bowl, but i have no idea whether or not Meineke would want us back. I went to that bowl game against Navy and we honestly had about 500 fans that traveled...and i'm being generous. Hopefully we don't get screwed out of a decent one again because there is no way i can drive all the way to San Fran to see it
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,414
    vCash
    1500
    I understand the Emerald Bowl is one of the worst bowls for the acc, but I still can't see why they would stick us there solely because of our bad history of our traveling. It just doesn't make sense to me.

    We've been competitive for a few years now, where is our fanbase?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,414
    vCash
    1500
    Just found this from the globe...

    One of the many positive byproducts of Boston College's 27-17 win over Florida State Saturday night was that it enhanced the Eagles' bowl possibilities.

    With seven victories already in the bank, BC leapfrogged the Congressional Bowl in Washington and the Humanitarian Bowl in Boise, ID. The Eagles would have passed on the Congressional Bowl regardless because the Dec. 20th game is at the end of exam week.

    So with two games remaining in the regular season, the most likely bowl possibilities for the Eagles are:

    Orange Bowl: If they are the ACC champions.

    Music City Bowl: If they win both remaining regular season games but lose the ACC title game.

    Emerald Bowl: If they split or lose their two remaining regular season games against Wake Forest and Maryland.

    Although the ACC has bowl arrangements for nine of its teams, a few bowls seem unlikely for the Eagles:

    Gator Bowl: Officials are focusing on inviting Notre Dame. Why would they want a rematch of a regular season game in which BC spanked the Irish, 17-0? They are more likely to try to add Miami or Florida State.

    Chick-fil-A Bowl: This bowl passed on a Matt Ryan-led team last season. It could take BC coming off a loss in the championship game with four losses, but it is more likely to take a team from the ACC Coastal Division such as North Carolina, Miami, or Virginia Tech.

    Champs Sports Bowl: The Eagles went there last season.

    Meineke Car Care Bowl: BC has played in that bowl twice in the last four seasons.

    Which leaves the most likely destinations as the . . .

    Music City Bowl: BC's last appearance was in 2001, when they knocked off Georgia.

    . . . and the . . .

    Emerald Bowl: BC's last appearance was in 2003, when they defeated Colorado State.

    Both would work. The Emerald Bowl is Dec. 27th and the Music City Bowl is New Year's Eve afternoon against either a Pac-10 or Southeastern Conference opponent.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    16,713
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DaaBoTownSox View Post
    I understand the Emerald Bowl is one of the worst bowls for the acc, but I still can't see why they would stick us there solely because of our bad history of our traveling. It just doesn't make sense to me.

    We've been competitive for a few years now, where is our fanbase?
    Who knows where the fanbase is...or if we even have one. I just feel that there are so many great Pro teams in Boston so maybe BC gets overlooked. There is no way we shouldn't have been in the Gator Bowl or Chick-Fil-A Bowl last year. We were the second best team in the ACC and ended up in a mid level bowl because nobody wanted us
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,414
    vCash
    1500
    What a game against WF. I have to admit I had my doubts on them winning after Wake took the lead, and watching the way Davis had played most of the game.

    Crane is a big loss, but if Davis can play next week the way he did on that last drive, then we should be in good shape for the championship game.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    24,473
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, it was a shame to see Crane's football career end the way it did. But, if Davis plays against Maryland the way he played on that last drive, we have a great shot. Go BC, beat those Terps!

    Patriots Playoffs 2012: Go Hard Or Go Home!

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,414
    vCash
    1500
    Finally, somebody has us projected to be in the Orange Bowl.

    Just checking on CBS Sports, and they have us projected to be there against Cincinnati.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    24,473
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DaaBoTownSox View Post
    Finally, somebody has us projected to be in the Orange Bowl.

    Just checking on CBS Sports, and they have us projected to be there against Cincinnati.
    Well, we still have some work to do, but it's nice to get some recognition for once.

    Patriots Playoffs 2012: Go Hard Or Go Home!

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •