Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will have the better career?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kershaw

43 44.33%
  • Lincecum

54 55.67%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CAIN=FUTURE View Post
    I don't see how useing a argument like Kershaw is so in so years younger than Lincecum really makes sense, being that they will probably pitch around the same amount of time over there carrers. It will be a fun matchup to watch over the years, or we can just settle with watching Cain blow out Kershaw.
    Ya your right, when they get older, a few years will mean very little, but for now thats all we can go on, is a major league season for Lincecum and the Dodgers babying Kershaw.

Its kinda like when A-Rod was drafted by the Mariners. if you asked the majority who would be a better SS him or Jeter, most would say Jeter because he had a .314 average and 70 plus RBI in his rookie year and A-Rod was one year behind. But A-Rod was two years younger and coming right out of High School, which now looking back, meant alot.

So you couldn't help but agree with what was on the table, compared to what you have not seen, and we saw how that worked out. (Though thats a weak example, when A-Rod has no rings and Jeter does =) )

So thats what I am going on, I could be totally wrong, but I'm just going on previous years then future

vCash
    Well the question is career and with Lincecum's funky delivery I see a back injury in his future. Kershaw on the other hand has great mechanics and has the build of a power pitcher already at the age of 20. Both are stud pitchers atm and It will be fun to watch (and beat ) Lincecum over the years.

I'll take Kershaw. Go figure huh.

The Giants NL West Division chase.

Gagné's HGH Care Package

vCash
    It's strange that all my fellow Giants fans are picking Lincecum, and all dodger fans are picking Kershaw. Hmmmm....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    It's strange that all my fellow Giants fans are picking Lincecum, and all dodger fans are picking Kershaw. Hmmmm....
    Interesting revelation you got there. Probably just a coincidence.

The Giants NL West Division chase.

Gagné's HGH Care Package

vCash
    That's what i was gonna say. At least we're not as in love with our players as Mets fans.

vCash
    That's what i was gonna say. At least we're not as in love with our players as Mets fans.
    Maybe not, but we're definitely up there lol.
    My blog- analysis of the San Francisco Giants, Baseball, and Sabermetrics.

vCash
    Lincecum 94-97 MPH Fastball and a really nasty curve and a devistating changeup, and plus he's a Giant baby.
    Wow way to be unique with your choice of words

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G2BOAT View Post
    Wow way to be unique with your choice of words
    How's this:

His fastball and curveball are both ranked as 80's on the 20-80 scouting scale.
    My blog- analysis of the San Francisco Giants, Baseball, and Sabermetrics.

vCash
    You are the LAST person who should be saying anything about the bias of other fans.

Still waiting for your reasoning on why Saito is ranked 8th on the closer's list. And the fact that he is on the Dodgers is not a reason.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GHGHCP View Post
    Well the question is career and with Lincecum's funky delivery I see a back injury in his future. Kershaw on the other hand has great mechanics and has the build of a power pitcher already at the age of 20. Both are stud pitchers atm and It will be fun to watch (and beat ) Lincecum over the years.

I'll take Kershaw. Go figure huh.
    We all know Lincecum has a "funky" delivery, but whos to say that Kershaw gets into a car acident, and that ends his carrer, the same can be said with Lincecums arm. You can't really predict an injury, you can say who is more likely, but not predict it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    You are the LAST person who should be saying anything about the bias of other fans.

Still waiting for your reasoning on why Saito is ranked 8th on the closer's list. And the fact that he is on the Dodgers is not a reason.
    I knew a Mets fan would get pissed at me for saying that, and yes, I am biased.

vCash
    I knew a Mets fan would get pissed at me for saying that, and yes, I am biased.
    Whos isnt?

vCash
    Eceryone wants to see their team and their teams players succeed.

vCash
    If you didnt then why would you be a fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C1Bman88 View Post
    How's this:

His fastball and curveball are both ranked as 80's on the 20-80 scouting scale.
    Aren't Kershaw's also?

Also, IMO this whole major league experience thing is a bunch of bunk. If Lincecum had like 2 or 3 years in the majors it'd be one thing, but the dude's had ~3/4s of a season in the majors, he's not exactly a grizzled vet. If it were someone like Matt Cain who's been up for a while and continually succeeded it'd be one thing, but many guys come up and do good for most of one season and then fall off significantly(Zach Duke).

And to whoever tried to act like it isn't, the age thing is a HUGE factor. Why do you think King Felix is such a big deal? It's because he's doing very well at the major league level at an age where the majority of guys are still pitching in the minors and he's only going to get better. Same deal with Kershaw, he will in all likelihood be pitching in the majors at the same age that Lincecum was when he started pitching in college. When looking at young players and prospects age is a huge factor, and it's one that Kershaw has a big advantage on.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast