Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will have the better career?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kershaw

43 44.33%
  • Lincecum

54 55.67%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    From the numbers/scouting reports Kershaw sounds to me like a left handed Lincecum(great fastball, great curveball, developing change, meh control). So because of that, and hte fact he's like 4 years younger, I'm going to go with Kershaw.

vCash
    Lincecum because he's proven he can pitch in the majors. If Kershaw actually becomes the prospect he's touted to be then he'll probably have the better career due to Age.

Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+

vCash
    Consdering kershaw has no ML experience, this really isnt a fair comparison, ill go with linc simply cuz hes shown what he can do in the bigs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CAIN=FUTURE View Post
    Because everyone is jelous!!!!
    No...we have Cole Hamels, who is much better

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantes4Life View Post
    Because he's so unique.
    He's a young Roy Oswalt, but with long-term injury concerns because of his size

vCash
    I would give Kershaw the edge if he was the same age as Lincecum because he's a lefty but Lincecum has almost a whole year under his belt. Kershaw needs a year or 2 before we can see what he can really do. But regardless both pitchers will be down right nasty in the future pending injuries.

vCash
    It is to early to tell but if i had to guess right now I take Lincecum since he major league proven as of right now but I not sure who will have the better career since neither of them have been in the major leagues long or at all in the case of Kershaw but both have bright careers ahead of themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyUD26 View Post
    No...we have Cole Hamels, who is much better
    Maybe. In my opinion, he isn't better, let alone much better. Lincecum has much better stuff, but there are other intagibles to think of.

He's a young Roy Oswalt, but with long-term injury concerns because of his delivery
    Fixed.
    beatin down yo block

vCash
    I am honestly in shock that Kershaw has three more votes then Lincecum when he hasn't even taken a step into the majors.

vCash
    My vote would be for Kershaw. His flaws seems to be "not having MLB experience" which is somewhat ironic being a prospect

Lincecum is pretty much acting the pace of a typical "Weaver, Verlander". Coming in at age 23 and throwing down an ERA around 3.60-4.00 in their first season.

If Kershaw can come in even younger and preform better, it makes the answer pretty clear. But the age level of play is a bit off

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    I am honestly in shock that Kershaw has three more votes then Lincecum when he hasn't even taken a step into the majors.
    You make it sound like its "bad" he hasn't. I think if you went Kershaw vs Price (like someone else said) it would make more sense

But the way I see it, its as if Lincecum had his chance for year one, and so to compare, Kershaw gets his shot at year one. And shouldn't be punished because he was born in 1988

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf View Post
    My vote would be for Kershaw. His flaws seems to be "not having MLB experience" which is somewhat ironic being a prospect

Lincecum is pretty much acting the pace of a typical "Weaver, Verlander". Coming in at age 23 and throwing down an ERA around 3.60-4.00 in their first season.

If Kershaw can come in even younger and preform better, it makes the answer pretty clear. But the age level of play is a bit off
    And there's something wrong with following in the path of Weaver and Verlander?

vCash
    Kershaw 95 MPH Fastball and a nasty 12/6 curve and plus he's a Dodger baby!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G2BOAT View Post
    Kershaw 95 MPH Fastball and a nasty 12/6 curve and plus he's a Dodger baby!
    Lincecum 94-97 MPH Fastball and a really nasty curve and a devistating changeup, and plus he's a Giant baby.

vCash
    I don't see how useing a argument like Kershaw is so in so years younger than Lincecum really makes sense, being that they will probaly pitch around the same amount of time over there carrers. It will be a fun matchup to watch over the years, or we can just settle with watching Cain blow out Kershaw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    And there's something wrong with following in the path of Weaver and Verlander?
    not at all, its just that he didn't blow neither out of the water (not that its a bad thing) so he is pretty much on pace for what to expect from him. He should bounce around a 3.40-4.00 ERA for the better part of his career in the bigs, and could quite well be better then Kershaw long term. So he is a safer pick in my eyes, with less reward.

But when you look at how well the Dodgers are hiding Kershaw, and making sure he goes nice and slow in the minor league level (so there is as little chance of an Edwin Jackson situation), I feel he can walk up and give you a sub 3.00 ERA right out of the gate and be more dominant long term. But, the flaw to that is folding like a lawn chair (like many 20 and under spects) which Lincecum will not have to worry about.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast