Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

What Can We do about the CFB Section

It's just all the time crickets in there but I know there are TONS of people who watch college here.

There has to be something we can do to pump life back into that.

JW if anyone has ideas?

vCash
    I actually saw that when I logged back in. I realize I'm a new guy with only 300 posts here, but I have a lot of admin/mod experience so here is my $.02

Just looking through the SEC forum, there are stickied threads from 2011, so three years ago. You would want to start fresh with removing all of those old stickies. New roll call threads, schedule threads, whatever the staff wants.

Second, a group of people needs to own it and keep those things updated. It's not enough just to slap a new coat of paint on it, you've got to keep working. Have gameday threads, keep them active, then follow up with threads about thoughts from the big games. Start threads about player discussion/comparisons, etc. Encourage people to submit their own top 25 and have it be the PSD Top 25, publish it on the front page each week if that's what the front page is used for.

Third, you know there are some people on here who follow college football, so call them out (politely) on why they aren't posting. Try to go out and recruit friends and other CFB fans, especially once you get the place rolling with new threads. Nothing chases new members away than logging into a forum that has five threads in the main board, with the rest falling outside of the month range that it's set at.

Take that, and go from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    It's just all the time crickets in there but I know there are TONS of people who watch college here.

There has to be something we can do to pump life back into that.

JW if anyone has ideas?
    Very good observation. I would definitely want to spark a good amount of activity throughout those forums. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I actually saw that when I logged back in. I realize I'm a new guy with only 300 posts here, but I have a lot of admin/mod experience so here is my $.02

Just looking through the SEC forum, there are stickied threads from 2011, so three years ago. You would want to start fresh with removing all of those old stickies. New roll call threads, schedule threads, whatever the staff wants.

Second, a group of people needs to own it and keep those things updated. It's not enough just to slap a new coat of paint on it, you've got to keep working. Have gameday threads, keep them active, then follow up with threads about thoughts from the big games. Start threads about player discussion/comparisons, etc. Encourage people to submit their own top 25 and have it be the PSD Top 25, publish it on the front page each week if that's what the front page is used for.

Third, you know there are some people on here who follow college football, so call them out (politely) on why they aren't posting. Try to go out and recruit friends and other CFB fans, especially once you get the place rolling with new threads. Nothing chases new members away than logging into a forum that has five threads in the main board, with the rest falling outside of the month range that it's set at.

Take that, and go from there.
    These are all excellent suggestions and I definitely think that would lead the college football forums to the right direction. However, it isn't always easy to get the fans to post here on a regular basis, but we can always try to do our best. If I see that users are constantly updating the boards and posting on a regular basis, I would want nothing more to get some TMs and mods going throughout those forums.

vCash
    Good ideas. I'm willing to help do whatever being a big college fan to help get them going

vCash
    I can mod that forum if need be or just keep making game threads. Whatever works with me.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports Illustrator View Post
    Very good observation. I would definitely want to spark a good amount of activity throughout those forums. Any suggestions are appreciated.

These are all excellent suggestions and I definitely think that would lead the college football forums to the right direction. However, it isn't always easy to get the fans to post here on a regular basis, but we can always try to do our best. If I see that users are constantly updating the boards and posting on a regular basis, I would want nothing more to get some TMs and mods going throughout those forums.
    Trust me, I own my own community and while it is far from the size of PSD, we all face the same challenges no matter the size. Getting folks to post is always the difficult one, especially when the forum hasn't been a focus and is overlooked by many. I'll do what I can to help out.