Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Pablonovi seriously perma banned? Issues with bans in general....

I've taken some pretty ridiculous bans, and there's no way to even plead a case. It seems to me that what happens is someone reports a post, and lionsfanlol just automatically dishes an infraction to satisfy the reporter I guess. I think there should a banned members forum to communicate with mods, or at least some kinda easier way for members to contact mods after taking a ban. Its almost at random it seems, depending on which side of the argument you lie on.

Also, I really think Pablonovi got the short end of the stick. We were in a politics debate, and he didn't say anything which crossed the line (he didn't say anything which you would not hear on daytime public tv numerous times), yet seemingly because of his political stance, he got the boot. And the kicker is, he took one ban for his stance, and then took a second ban (which resulted in the perma ban) right afterward for a post in which he literally said nothing additional or controversial. Its not right, what happened to him, not right at all. Maybe a mod can put what got him banned exactly (I already know), and clarify as to why it was a bannable offense. Because that really could have been anybody, and he unfortunately seemed to be the guy in the crowd that caught the bullet.

At the very least, I think if someone gets a ban, then the post which lead to the ban should be publicly displayed in the Village of the Banned forum. Because some of this stuff is seriously ridiculous. lflol, I got nothing against you personally, I'm sure you're a great person, but you're beyond trigger happy. And unfortunately, it seems people complaining about posts seems to make you just shoot away without even looking.

There needs to be consistancy, and even bigger than that I think more WARNINGS should be given. Just tell someone hey, this subject is off limits, or whatever, and give the person a chance. Because I know I'm not the only one who honestly didn't understand what they were banned for. Whenever I first I see was banned, I honestly have no clue to even which thread it was that lead me to that infraction or ban.

and please bring Pablo back, he's a good guy and a good poster, and didn't say anything out of line compared to anyone else in that thread he was speaking in. He was unfairly targeted, its not right. He's a stand up guy with some passion, that's all. Bring him back, so many of us enjoy his posts. Disagreeing with an opinion is not a good reason to ban someone.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    god knows this thread will probably end up getting ME perma banned, lol, don't do me like that...
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    I agree. He was a good poster and a good guy. Why not just ban one of the 11 year olds that uses proxies anyway to avert your "punishment" if someone needs banning. He actually added something to the joint.

vCash
    Was he recently banned? I didn't see any thread created for it.

I was under the assumption that bans were automatic. When an admin or more issues an infraction that puts the user over the allowable limit for points, a thread is created in the VOB. I'm pretty sure we've seen a few users banned without any threads being created.

What gives? Where's the transparency?
    I'm In.

vCash
    Pablonovi was quietly permabanned, without a thread. That alone should earn him reinstatement. Guess the mods just decided to get rid of him without any sort of justification, which is really no surprise given the things I've seen done on here.

vCash
    it seems like his banned was changed to a perma. I know that posters did request that the thread in the VOB be updated so people would know but it was not. Nasty i'm sending you a PM with Pablo's info.
    Last edited by ewing; 09-02-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    its funny seeing the same posters getting banned in the VOTB but poor Pablo gets perma'd for nothing. It is actually a joke. I could name a number of posters who constantly get banned and don't add anything positive for the site. Pablonovi was actually a really good poster.
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    Keep banning the good users psd will end up with a ****** forum

Phoenix Suns GM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Keep banning the good users psd will end up with a ****** forum
    It hasn't already?
    I'm In.

vCash
    The system in place makes it very easy to be able to communicate how you feel about a ban that has taken place. Its been implemented that way for a number of years, and banned members always find a way to communicate in that manner.

As far as Pablo, he was not permanently banned manually. Pablo was banned under the points system, just like everyone else has as of recently. Whenever back to back posts are given infractions for, for whichever reason, the system only takes the first post as the ban, and will not create another thread if another infraction was given immediately after. I've been looking to see if that can be changed as it would be nice to have the forum updated any time back to back infractions are given out.
    Multiple warnings was given to Pablo, but infractions will be given after warnings and after we realize that the user will not change his or her ways after several warnings and infractions. We handle this the same way with every other user on this site.

It is very easy to make assumptions without actually dealing with situations, so we would like to ask that you please refrain from making those kinds of assumptions without knowing, and especially creating a thread about it in the feedback and support forum. We do not make these kinds of threads in the feedback and support forum. You can take this as your warning and if it happens again, you will be given an infraction from here on.