Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Closing thread over 1,000 posts

I thought I remember hearing that threads are now allowed to go over 1,000 posts after the newest vbulletin upgrade. Am I just making this up or is it an actual rule still?
    I'm In.

vCash
    I, for one, do not enforce this rule anymore (see the Video Game Lounge Thread). There are zero noticeable differences in loading time between that thread and a brand new one.

vCash
    I believe it was a workaround for the old servers and/or vBulletin update. So there should be no reason for it to be necessary, but there could be other reasons for it to have been implemented.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I believe it was a workaround for the old servers and/or vBulletin update. So there should be no reason for it to be necessary, but there could be other reasons for it to have been implemented.
    That's what I thought too. Just wanted to check in.

Maybe some mods aren't fully aware of this?
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian. View Post
    That's what I thought too. Just wanted to check in.

Maybe some mods aren't fully aware of this?
    Well if it was never officially removed (I don't know for sure whether it has or not), then technically the mods who weren't enforcing it were in the wrong.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Well if it was never officially removed (I don't know for sure whether it has or not), then technically the mods who weren't enforcing it were in the wrong.
    It's honestly not a big deal. I just wanted some clarification because I thought they didn't have to close them anymore and I've seen quite a few closed recently. Granted; they do create another thread but I was just curious.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Something might happen over 30,000 posts which will mess with the order of posts. I am not sure what causes it, but a thread on my forum went over that amount and we had to close it and start a new one. Just a heads up.

vCash
    I still start a new thread after 1,000 replies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Something might happen over 30,000 posts which will mess with the order of posts. I am not sure what causes it, but a thread on my forum went over that amount and we had to close it and start a new one. Just a heads up.
    We have a thread in the mod forum with just about 63,000 posts and it is doing just fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    We have a thread in the mod forum with just about 63,000 posts and it is doing just fine.
    Must have something to do with hosting or certain settings in that case.